Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be the first to cram on the Great Wall of China?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here's the deal....

The biggest story (literally) of this NBA season is the inclusion of #1 Houston draft pick Yao Ming, the 7'7, 300lb center from China. Already dubbed "The Great Wall", Ming will undoubtedly suffer a similar fate that has stuck with Shawn Bradley (he of the 7'7 beanpole frame currently riding pine in Dallas) - everybody wants to dunk on your ass. When you're built like a freak, are the first non-american player to be drafted #1 overall and have been tagged with a moniker like The Great Wall, there are a bunch of guys just waiting to posterize you. So here are the nominees, each supplied with a game clip of their most famous throw-down from last season. I did not include Shaq in this list for two reasons - one being the unknown status surrounding his return date from the foot injury, and two - he can pretty much dunk on whoever he wants anyways. I think I've put together a pretty good cross-section of dunkers, though.

Keon Clark, Sacramento Kings - This is a pretty good example of what a lanky 6'11 dude can do with serious hops. He's also in the Western Conference this season, which means he'll get a few cracks at Houston and Ming.

Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers - I mean, this dunk is on Tim Duncan, arguably the best center outside of Shaq in the entire NBA. And Kobe can flat out attack the rim. Nasty. Again, another Western Conference guy, will get lots of shots at Yao.

Kenyon Martin, NJ Nets - For every good dunk to be thrown down, there's usually a pretty solid assist man somewhere in the equation. K-Mart kinda looks like the guy who's just busted out of jail and is angry at everything. He also loves to go for shite-crazy dunks on people. And he's got JKidd at his disposal.

Tracy McGrady, Orlando Magic - This is my sleeper pick for the crown. He's 6'10 but has the skills of a PG. This is a particularly nasty cram on Vancouver's favourite sun, the hopeless Othella Harrington. McGrady also loves to attack the rim.

Vince Carter, Toronto Raptors - If TMac doesn't get Yao first, I guarantee Vince will have a go at him. He's been blowing smoke about how he's gonna bust up somebody this year, after suffering an off-season of frustration with his knee injury and criticisms that he's soft, and the Raps are a better team without him. Vince is also the poster-boy for dunking in the NBA. Could be scary.

Other worth nominees are Baron Davis, Michael Finley, Shawn Marion, Darius Miles and Tim Duncan. Other worth candidates should be posted as well, with a decent reason for their inclusion.

Jam away.
-Sensei.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice.

Simple really.

Kevin Garnett. Mad, lanky hops with major athleticism for a 7 footer.

Second pick would be Carter, but I think someone else will get to him first.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of the guys you got listed I think T-Mac can bring the most funk to the job against the Great Tall of China. But the order of appearance of said dunk samurais goes Vince, Kobe, Clark, Clark again, then Mcgrady. Mr. Carter gets first shot and will be hungry. Can he get it done the first game? Hmmm. I'll go with Clark. He gets a couple of early shots and may be lookin' to take down the wall. Also, like KNVB said, Kevin Garnett.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if nobody does it before They play the raptors look out. Vince is out to prove something this year he will do it at some point. My sleeper pick will be Jason Richardson look out this guy is going to do some crazy stuff this year.

Whoever does it first won't be the last!!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, the haziness of my brain dissipated for a sec and I suddenly got a replay in my head of Vince going right over the top of that tall fcuking french fry in the Olympics. That was freaky freaky shite. There's only one way to top that. Over the wall!!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crap

I really should have mentioned Garnett. Nice one. Although I'm one of those people who figures his stock is slipping with every first-round playoff exit (and that sick dunk Pau Gasol threw on him last season). Still, you are right, he has all the physical tools to make him a serious poster candidate.

JRich is an excellent shout as well, I remember when the Collegiate All-Americans took on Dream Team III in an exhibition and he went at Alonzo with authority. This was before Zo had the liver problems and was easily the best defensive center in basketball.

Here are a few of the key opening dates for the Rockets. At least worth watching The Score on these evenings to see if it happens:

November 2 vs. Toronto - First home game in Houston
November 17 at LA Lakers - Showtime at Staples....hmmm....
Dec 1 at Sacramento - Makin noise at Arco...hmmm....

Don't see Orland until Jan 6th, Minny until Dec 21st. Golden State plays twice during the month of November.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is simply fcuking amazing, I must have watched that 20 times over and over. The Jordan one on Eaton way back wasn't to shabby either.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never mind that.......

When will this fcuking useless putz score a cnuting point? Check these opening numbers out ! :mad:

PLAYER MIN FG FT 3PT OFF TOT AST PF ST TO PTS
Cuttino Mobley 43 10-21 1-1 1-2 0 3 1 3 0 2 22
Eddie Griffin 36 1-11 0-2 0-1 3 8 1 4 0 1 2
Kelvin Cato 32 2-8 5-7 0-0 7 17 1 3 2 2 9
Steve Francis 39 13-28 12-14 1-3 4 8 4 4 1 5 39
Moochie Norris 36 2-7 1-2 1-1 2 5 2 0 4 4 6
Jason Collier 10 0-2 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0
Juaquin Hawkins 21 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 3 0 1 0 1 2
Yao Ming 11 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 3 0 2 0

Top notch and how much does this fcuker make? He will be next Big Country Reeves at the rate he is going.....

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He might not get dunked on at all because I can't see him playing that much, right now. His is pathetic way to WEAK!!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm glad you can't understand, because if and when you start to understand things I've posted or said i have reached the level of shameful drunk!! Is there anything below that!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0