Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who the fcuk is George Best???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iconic footballer George Best is in intensive care in Liverpool.

The Manchester United legend is believed to be suffering from a kidney infection.

Agent Phil Hughes has suggested that the problem has been caused by a reaction to the drugs that have kept his client from returning to alcoholism.

The Northern Ireland international has been battling for years with being an alcoholic, and underwent a liver transplant in 2002.

After making his debut in 1963 for Manchester United, Best was soon hailed as the greatest player of his generation and dubbed the 'fifth Beatle' as he became a world-wide celebrity.

Named as European Footballer of the Year in 1968, Best finally left his beloved United in 1974 when he failed to turn up for training under then-manager Tommy Docherty.

Best kept in the game and has worked for Sky Sports as a popular pundit on Soccer Saturday, as well as a frequent visitor to Portsmouth games with his friend Milan Mandaric.

"He is serious but improving," commented professor Roger Williams from Cromwell Hospital.

"The infection has caused him to be severely ill but he is certainly responding to treatment and we hope to move him out of intensive care in the next 24 hours."

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arguably the best footballer ever, it would a tragic end to a sad story if Gorgy boy didn’t fully recover again. Cheers to a full recovery…..

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i don't really see the trajedy. the guy drank Canada Dry!!!! would you expect any other ending?

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drinking problem aside it’s never a positive when a football great takes ill & could possibly die. Take a look at the likes of Maradona, the guy is a mess yet the football world will morn when he passes. The same should be said for Best. Thats my opinion anyways...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
romeo and juliet was a trajedy. i agree its never good to anyone pass on but you can't say you didn't see it coming.how many livers can one guy thrash.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Stop me if you've heard this one before...

bertrum said:
Old Georgie was actually born and raised in Belfast, Ireland. if you want to have a good read, read his biography, that guy has had some life!
actually he has another book out

THE GOOD,THE BAD & THE BUBBLY
;)

its pretty good,captain!

DEMON

Jul 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just goes to show you, the calibre of player this website has unfortunately reached. I'll be brief! First off, i'm a Liverpool fan. As much as i loathe all that is Mancunion, Best was more than a Manc. I'll put a grand that the wanker who started this thread has never even seen a clip of George Best, and probably sleeps in Edmonton Oilers jammies! I don't need to tell all how great Best was, 'footy "players" know! Out of respect for a fallen legend, i'll ask that no one else give this classless thread their time. And for the substitute who started it, have fun at Ultimate practice gobshite!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demon,

This site is TTP...much of what is written is written in exaggeration. The thread was originally pulled from another where I was actually sticking up for a young teammate of mine who was being needlessly berated for not knowing the man. Like it or not, not all Canadian born players will / would know who Besty was, especially if the player didn't have a European influence in the family. That isn't anyone's fault, just the nature of the beast, being a Canadian born and bred player. He didn't know, and I didn't. But, this thread did send me on a search to learn more about him, and I will say, I'm glad I did. His story is amazing, the clips incredible. As somebody wrote, only the good die young.

Yesterday, I took the video highlight clip of Besty posted in the other thread, and e-mailed it to the parents of my 6 year old team, and asked that they sit down with the boys and watch.

So, relax...this is why I said "today" (yesterday now), it would be appropriate to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0