Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs TFShitty 20110629

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season is at the halfway point as the Caps go into Toronto still looking for their first MLS road win.

KO is @ 4:30PM Pacifc LIVE on TSN

Last edited:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe peter schaad should suit up?
starters I heard might not play - Chiumiento (hamy) Rochat (possibly out) DeMerit (groin)
replacements? wagner, knight, nanchoff - yikes!!!!

could be a tough one with the WFC away record

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get the feeling the Caps are much more interested in a berth into the Concacaf Champions league than they/we are in getting an MLS result tomorrow --- the BIG game is definately Saturday!

I'm very cool with that!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps line up according to their twitter twatt : Nolly, Knight, Boxall, Janicki, wagner, Koffie, Vagenas, Salinas, Brovsky, Teibert, Salgado. With Cannon, Duckett, Nanchoff, Jhalfan, Lethers, Hassli and Camilo on the bench. No Donefield, so I think we may get some pts. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I keep hitting FF to speed this up but it doesn't seen to work. I think there may be a tracking problem on my television.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get the feeling the Caps are much more interested in a berth into the Concacaf Champions league than they/we are in getting an MLS result tomorrow --- the BIG game is definately Saturday!

I'm very cool with that!

I'm not Toze. And there isn't a hope that I'll be renewing season's tickets next season after that shite lineup. If the season means fcuk all to the Caps, then fcuk off Caps and shove your NCC 4 team tourney up yours. I hope they drop that as well now b/c I couldn't give a toss about this "silverware".

And, once more...
FU Caps! :mad::mad::mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,

i agree they should try to get a result in every match they play (Saturdays not a guarantee is it?) . this was a lackluster line up and an average performance. there are absolutely too many issues with this team, i don't really know where to start???? awful :confused:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes,

The fact that they keep talking about adding to their "trophy case" with the NCC is mickey mouse. FFS, it was tougher to win the Wesburn tourney than this "championship".

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the Caps were by and large the better team on the park last night, especially in the second half. Defending was a major challenge in the first half: How bad was that turnover by Knight!? wow... :eek:

I really want to see a top quality (for MLS) Central Midfield. I thought Vagenas played quite well last night. Wagner has GOT TO GO!

Thank God I was working though, and was able to PVR the game and watch it late last night with the FF button for most of the first half.

On the PK Call, wtf was Janicki thinking about when he fouled Soulsma where he did!? he was no threat on goal in that position and he hit him twice without coming into the same area code as the ball ffs...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the Caps were by and large the better team on the park last night, especially in the second half. Defending was a major challenge in the first half: How bad was that turnover by Knight!? wow... :eek:

I really want to see a top quality (for MLS) Central Midfield. I thought Vagenas played quite well last night. Wagner has GOT TO GO!

Thank God I was working though, and was able to PVR the game and watch it late last night with the FF button for most of the first half.

On the PK Call, wtf was Janicki thinking about when he fouled Soulsma where he did!? he was no threat on goal in that position and he hit him twice without coming into the same area code as the ball ffs...

JBN,

The better team? How many shots on target last night? They were the shittier of two shite teams.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadian Women's National team would have poop pumped both these squads last night.

Whitecaps should sign Sinclair.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadian Women's National team would have poop pumped both these squads last night. Whitecaps should sign Sinclair.

Not far from the truth.

By the way, take 15,16 best players from VMSL/FVSL/VISL, let them to practice together for a few weeks and they will be better than this Whitecaps team.

Big Bob has been too long involved with WC; it is time to give somebody else a chance.

If Whitecaps continue playing like this they will not be able to sell 5000 season tickets next season.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the NCC Championship goes - I agree that it's a Mickey Mouse Cup to win.

But - at the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious - the prize is a spot in next years Concacaf Champions League. As far fetched as it sounds - but winning THAT means a spot in the World Club Champioships verse a club like Barcelona etc. - just saying - I think that's the big picture thing going on here.

And yes, I know in light of recent play putting Barca and the Caps in the same sentence is quite laughable.... but.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the NCC Championship goes - I agree that it's a Mickey Mouse Cup to win.

But - at the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious - the prize is a spot in next years Concacaf Champions League. As far fetched as it sounds - but winning THAT means a spot in the World Club Champioships verse a club like Barcelona etc. - just saying - I think that's the big picture thing going on here.

And yes, I know in light of recent play putting Barca and the Caps in the same sentence is quite laughable.... but.

Toze,

Reality of Concacaf Champions League for the Caps will mean first having to get by the first round and then playing a bunch of Central American teams and stretching the already depth-less roster even more. There isn't a 0.00001% chance that they'll get near WC Championships.

Waste of time. The only dream the Caps should have is winning a road match.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

World Club Championships?? World Club Championships???? Surely you're having a laugh? That's as Mickey Mouse to a team like Barcelona as the NCC Championship is to any other team that isn't involved in the Nutrilite Championship!
Sure, the wee teams from Oceania, Central America, Middle East etc......are extremely happy to be there and wouldn't everyone want to play against a team and players that you have next to no chance ever playing against/with on a week to week basis? I get that.
Here is perhaps an alternative to throwing away league points and getting to play against the 'big' teams; go on a bloody tour pre-season to anywhere and play some 'real' teams. Sorted.
The objective here should absolutely be to get your backyard sorted domestically so as not to go into next year with the excuse of 'well it was our transitioning year' shite!
I'm tired of the 'we've improved with keeping the ball' rubbish that 's getting thrown about. Do something mildly constructive, or dare I say it, creatively, when you have the bloody round thing.
Forget the Nutrilite shite! Forget World Club Championships! Put on a team every week that will get points....and hopefully more than 1. It's getting tiring and I say this because there may be glimpses here and there of better days. Unfortunately a full game isn't the odd 2 minute spell.

The game against Toronto was a mockery of football. Both teams. And we lost!

Domestic league! Sort it, for the love of God...because at the end of the day, by some divine miracle and pipe dreams coming to fruition that Vancouver did make it to a 'big' team in a meaningful game; playing them once would do absolutely no good for the team moving forward as a whole.....any money awarded from FIFA aside.

World Club Championships.......sigh......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0