Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs NY Redbulls 20110528

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Henry, No Marquez - can the Caps muster up their second win of the season?

Here's hoping the rains hold off!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Man, I'm getting sick of this same ol' shite!

If Koffie is the ball winner in the middle of the park, why is he the only one in the middle able to switch the play up? Where is Dunfield to do that?

So fcuking frustrating!!! :mad:

People go on about Chiumiento but to me, Hassli is the best technical player on this team. He is a beast and to anyone who understands and appreciates the game, I don't think you can argue.

How the fcuk Nolly got MOTM is beyond me :rolleyes:

On another note, it was great to see all the beautiful peeps in Section 207 today! Great day and atmosphere!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Dunfield likes to literally switch play to the other team lately. I guess we are seeing why he couldn't crack it in the lower divs in England. How is he on the gold cup team? Also on the breakaway why didn't he carry it in more instead he tries to take the ball down and gets caught from behind and wastes a great chance.

It was a nice dive by the otherwise useless Camilo again that got the caps a pk or else it might have been another loss.

The scary thing is the coach thinks they are playing well...can you get him to sign up here? He seems good at TTPing!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
dunfield is absolutely shocking, he isn't good enough for the mls, i'd bet there is players in the vmsl, and the fvsl that could do a better job.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Chumiento has the flash, and for most fans, that's exciting, although not much comes of it. When Hassli's out there, he doesn't have the flash and he doesn't always get the ball after making good runs. I'm sure if he got good service game in and game out, he'd fill the net, but unfortunately he doesn't, and never seems to get people out of there seats with a play, and that's what people expect from a forward. Mind you he had a cracker a few weeks ago.

As i've said before, Dunfield is the oppositions 12th man. He just never seems to be on the same page as the rest of the team. And when he is, he can't hit them with a pass.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that salinas is a great player and you can see it as he flies down the wing just skinning defenders which is great, but the guy cant cross or make a quick easy pass for the life of him. If he could just beat a guy and cross or make that through ball our chances would increase greatly. Fcuk the cute stuff, just get it done. Great day at Empire though, great atmosphere and a decent game to watch. Thought we were unlucky not not to win imo.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm done with Dunfield altogether. I'm 100% agreeing with you Regs. Dunfield is totally useless and lost.
Didn't complete one pass to a guy in a white shirt that was longer than 10 yards
Didn't win one 50/50 challenge, nothing in the air
Sprayed passes all over the place which were picked off by opposition players instead of playing easy square balls inside
got beat repeatedly through the middle of the park

What's he good for?

Even his breakaway, while some said was unlucky, I thought was a shocking first touch.

He's gotta go. I want to see Dede inside, or Morfaw, or Thorrington, or even Harmse.

We get our wish, with Dunfield going to the Gold Cup camp, but my fear is he'll be returned to the Caps right away.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is Brovsky? I thought for the few games he played in the middle he did well.
I agree with the comments on Salinas, he skinned a few guys then would play in a low ball front stick while Hassli was unmarked back stick, then next play would hit a long ball for a throw in.

What are we doing on the last string of NY corners. The NY defenders are at our 30 yard line and all the Caps are in or around the 18. Why is there no one high to relieve the pressure.Why is TT not hopping up and down on the sidelines when they make these mistakes?

Great day and atmosphere, mediocre performance, I give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0