Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Chivas USA 20110601

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KO 7:30PM Pacific LIVE on Sportsnet ONE

Great night for Vancouver sports on the tele... set the PVR up just in case :)

Hopefully we see 2 big changes tonight:

Davide in the middle behind the striker(s) and Cannon between the pipes.

Prediction: 2-0 Caps!

Last edited:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel the first Caps away win coming on.

2-0 Caps. Hassli and Demerit (Corner)

The players are essentially playing for their spots now, I think we'll see Davide behind a lone wolf striker Hassli, and we'll see Vagenas or Brovsky line up beside Koffie behind Davide.

Wondering if Cannon will get the call...

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannon is in, apparently. Agree, I think we will see Chiumiento behind Hassli. Camillo was drifing out pretty wide toward the end of the NY game and we might even seen him starting out on the wing with Salinas on the other side.

I'm feeling a big performance tonight as well.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
horrible decision to give hassli the red.
also i see why duckett hadn't made it on the field this year, guy is useless in possession.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another fcuking shocking refereeing decision that goes against Hassli & the Caps. Seriously, the officiating in this league is diabolical .....

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's been covered but what a fukcing farce of a call. Hassli is late and a bit silly but not sure how it can be a red without coming over the ball or even making contact with the player, for fcuk sakes. He must seriously be wondering how we can run a professional soccer league in North America with this kind of officiating.

Can only hope the league will review that and rescind the suspension.

In other news, some dodgy moments out there but some bright spots as well. I have been one of the many begging for Chiumiento to get a shot as a withdrawn striker and they worked some nice stuff with him in there. Only problem is he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

And is Salgado afraid of the ball? If so, that would be unfortunate. Would have been nice to see him stick his leg out (or anything for that matter) and tap that cross in.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I liked a lot of what I saw last night.

Except the red :mad:

Agreed that Hassli must be wondering WTF he got himself into over here. Shoc-king.

Was impressed with Morfaw.

Thought Demerit has had better games - unfortunately it was him that couldn't hold the line and played the Chivas player on for their goal.

Sorry but I will say it again - Akoul is horrible in the air. He is awkward and on his ass way too much.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannon was in, hard to really say if it was better with all the changes although he did come up with a couple of big stops.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, Cannon lives in one of the buildings Utah manages. Utah has a huge man-crush on Cannon, and I'm sure will be high-fiving him when he comes home from duty, and may even ask him out for coffee.

It's very awkward.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't watched the game on the PVR yet, but have seen the Hassli sending off on youtube, what a poor call. If he got more of the player that sold the foul I could see it, but a straight red!?

Was he talked to and warned about a lot of other fouls prior in the match?

perhaps he needs to just take sliding out of his repertoire altogether... especially with that big sign that only refs can see that says "Card Me, I'm Eric Hassli" hanging round his neck...

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I liked a lot of what I saw last night. Except the red :mad: Agreed that Hassli must be wondering WTF he got himself into over here. Shoc-king. Was impressed with Morfaw. Thought Demerit has had better games - unfortunately it was him that couldn't hold the line and played the Chivas player on for their goal. Sorry but I will say it again - Akoul is horrible in the air. He is awkward and on his ass way too much.

agree with everything ~regs and it is about time we see some changes in the roster. still absolutely hate hate mcewen and nash and not that i like the red card but at full speed it looked bad, foot up and late. to boot the ref was in a bad position to see that nothing really happened. the big french coisant has to be careful as it appears his reputation proceeds him with this blundering group of mls refs.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you asking a question or just being a twat at 3:17am?

Pretty clear to me twinkle toes...You wanted to see "Chiumento behind Hassli" and anticipated a "big performance"...do you watch the games from the pumpjack?

Whatever floats your boat there Rainbow warrior... :wa:

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty clear to me twinkle toes...You wanted to see "Chiumento behind Hassli" and anticipated a "big performance"...do you watch the games from the pumpjack?

Whatever floats your boat there Rainbow warrior... :wa:

All right then. A simple "twat" would have been sufficient but I get the point.

In future I will consult my "High Schooler's Handbook for Gay Metaphors" before posting.

Re: Hassli, can't argue with the fact that he makes some very, very dumb decisions. Last Saturdays' tackle, the jersey incident, the list goes on. In his defense though, I still don't think that's a red card and the ref's are clearly targetting him. To me, it's like he's developed a reputation based on previous cards he's received because of his reputation.

Either way, he is clearly our best offensive player and the only credible option we have for actually holding the ball up front and consistently scoring goals. Just hope that he doesn't get sick of the b.s. officiating in the MLS jump ship. Otherwise we can look forward to even more anemic performances like Salt Lake.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0