Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Chicago 20110807

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-2 we win!!!!

Finally!

Still hate our backline though I think I just witnessed a keeper that makes happy we have Nolly.

:)

As I said last week, love Koffie!

What is up with Cannon?

Listening to the pregame show on the way in and there was some talk about something happening after the game and during the week? I heard he went to the pub after the game and gave $1000 to the Southsiders - maybe that's it?

Last edited:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting, We were in Oscars after the game last week. A guy in a suit with WCFC logo on it came in, and said the Caps were paying for a $1000 in Booze, in apology for their collapse. I was just coming back from the can when it happened,and didnt really pay attention. But the pitchers did start flowing at n/c. We thought it was a very classy move by the organization.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good win today, but Chicago were horrible. Our backline looks ready to cough up a goal at any time, it was only because Chicago were crap they only scored two on us. I don't think Harvey is any good either seems to get caught a lot of the game ball watching.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Joe Cannon, I don't think it was specifically VWFC that put the $1000 tab down.

I haven't seen the game (along with the sun for the last 4 days because of Work) but I did follow highlights and text updates on MLSSoccer.com Hassli's goals were right place/right time, but he had the finish.

Horrific defending all the way around though.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Headline of tomorrow's sports section will read..."Hassli's was great and Chicago was horrible".

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Cannon himself who came in and told everyone in the bar that he was buying $1000 worth of beer for everyone inside.... My buddy and I had just received our 2nd pints when the 3rd ones came courtesy of old Joe... not that this was a problem...

Today, I thought Camilo was Vancouver's best player, but I've thought that all year... Jarju's effort last week reminded me that a finisher like Hassli is worth quite a bit, but Hassli is the absolute last player who is ever going to create much (the Koffie goal notwithstanding)... Chicago is absolutely atrocious... give me the two Ghanians and cut everyone else... that newly signed Argentinian is a disgrace to the game with all his rolling about - and his shin guards are not even close to regulation...

As for the goal, of course the keeper should have had it. I will say this though - he isnt first choice keeper, I dont know how much game action he's had this year, and the jabalani DOES dip and dive like a mother****er...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he is first choice keeper. Even more shocking he actually has a cap for the US National Team!!

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He couldn't keep Elephants out of a phone box. Hands like Table Tennis Paddles.
If that was a Goalie in the BC League, he would have been subbed at half time.
What about their Centre Back letting the ball go through him for the first goal? Better player's playing locally.
And we think our goalkeeping is bad..........FFS, that Chicago goalie is playing the wrong position....or sport.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest story really coming from Empire yesterday was the lack of the 24oz pints which were replaced with 18oz ones @ $9 a pop.

When I asked the chick doing the pour what happened she said they sold all of the 24oz cups out @ the Lions game previous... "it was crazy" were her words.

For the Caps, whatever can go wrong, will go wrong this year. And it's not all just bad luck...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest story really coming from Empire yesterday was the lack of the 24oz pints which were replaced with 18oz ones @ $9 a pop.

When I asked the chick doing the pour what happened she said they sold all of the 24oz cups out @ the Lions game previous... "it was crazy" were her words.

For the Caps, whatever can go wrong, will go wrong this year. And it's not all just bad luck...

Oh well, you seem to spill 6 ounces playing with that valve on the bottom, so 18 ounces is appropriate.

Koffie is smooth as silk. We are lucky to have him. Why is he here?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um, no.

24oz. = $12
18oz. = $9
12oz. = $7

Don't you have a football supporters run club to educate a bunch of morons about?

:)

Hi David Cross!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Cannon himself who came in and told everyone in the bar that he was buying $1000 worth of beer for everyone inside.... My buddy and I had just received our 2nd pints when the 3rd ones came courtesy of old Joe... not that this was a problem...

Today, I thought Camilo was Vancouver's best player, but I've thought that all year... Jarju's effort last week reminded me that a finisher like Hassli is worth quite a bit, but Hassli is the absolute last player who is ever going to create much (the Koffie goal notwithstanding)... Chicago is absolutely atrocious... give me the two Ghanians and cut everyone else... that newly signed Argentinian is a disgrace to the game with all his rolling about - and his shin guards are not even close to regulation...

As for the goal, of course the keeper should have had it. I will say this though - he isnt first choice keeper, I dont know how much game action he's had this year, and the jabalani DOES dip and dive like a mother****er...

You seem like an angry soul. Cannon should have bought you an extra pint! :D

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ive never seen a team try this many back heels in one game, I think one may have worked. Hassli is a beauty and it sucks that parking was full and we missed the opening goal, good thing there was more to come.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gave up on parking when playland opened and have since been using skytrain/bus. On the way to the game it's not to bad but after the game not so much fun. Do people no longer take showers and use deodorant? Is it a tribute to our French star?

I used to think our number one concern was a midfielder to control the game but man our centre backs are bad. Also did anyone notice Camillo wanted to take the penalty again and didn't look to happy not being the one taking it. Hopefully Demerit is back and Rochat isn't lost for to long.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest need for the caps success is a fcuking grass pitch ex. Camilo on his goal almost could not get the ball in front of him to have a good crack

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest need for the caps success is a fcuking grass pitch ex. Camilo on his goal almost could not get the ball in front of him to have a good crack

Rumours are that Caps coaching staff are clicking on TTP picking up technical perspectives, PR perspectives, marketing perspectives etc..

Here are my comments and I know that they will listen. The back four requires a simple philosophy. The challenging defender, (primary defender) must have the residual three defenders positioned 3-5 yards in a line BEHIND him, linked of course to avoid getting split and ready to assume the role of primary defender, every time a challenge is made. Yes, I know this is revolutionary and never been done before but I think these professionals can handle this. :rolleyes:

Also, seeing as flank play and build up to a cross into the box is seldom used, the few times that it is used reveals a severe deficiency in the attack when a cross does enter the box. My idea is for the far side midfielder to make an effort to seal the back post, in the very least to keep the ball from exiting the field or into the feet of the opposing fullback. Even more revolutionary is for this far side midfielder to actually be in a position to attempt a strike on goal.

I know. I know. I might be asking too much and what do I know? They work on these two aspects and I predict that we have a better chance of preventing our back four being penetrated as often as a Whalley hooker and a little less work for our ball-boys retrieving balls off a cross.

As a matter of fact, every time the Caps send a cross into the box, the ball-boys are already running. Obviously, they have been well coached.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0