Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it only me or is Tommy Boy going with amore and more USA/International lineup and our Canadians being pushed to the side.

Why is this such a pressing issue with people here? I could really care less if we had home grown talent in the line up.. I've seen our home grown talent.. It sucks. Canada soccer sucks. Will this change? Not anytime soon. Maybe not even in our lifetime will we see this change.

FFS, If we want to go watch plugs like Cowdungfield , tiebert, ect... then why not just Bring the USL back and book swangard stadium for sunday afternoons.

All I want to see is a little skill, more than 3 passes in a row to the same colored jersey's and some one touch passing.

Is that to much to ask..

Let toronto have all the home grown canadian talent. its worked well for them so far.

Bigtoes nothing personal

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't get paid "semi-pro" money, for the most part... ;)

I still haven't seen much of this Jarju guy, but the more scouting reports etc on this guy is that he is a "Support Striker" and as much or more of a playmaker or creator than he is a finisher.

So with that being said, a blogger I read said he'd expect this:
----------Hassli--------------Jarju--------------
Teibert/Camilo----Chiu/Dunfield------Khalfan/Salinas
---------------------Koffie---------------------
Harvey---Rochat/Janicki-Demerit/Boxall---Leathers/Knight

things always look better "on paper" :p

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
akslop, none taken.

I agree I would like to watch some technically good football. I don't mind watching at swangard as I like the game on grass better than carpet.

I think the americans are plugs too (salinas/leathers/knight/janiki/harvey/ect) I actually disagree with you about teibert and think he has shown well better than salgado.

on another note I think demeirt was damaged goods coming into the season and the WFC took a risk signing him.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demerit is a monster at the back though when he plays (key thing) but if that guy is a 100%, he is a force to wrecken with. A solid signing IMO. Salinas is a solid player, great on the wing but just needs to learn to get a cross in. Teibert is one of the only guys who constantly swings it in, which is what we need more of.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD Dunfield is not thre reason of our teams ill points. He is just one guy. We are way to young as a side, Delgato has two three years before he becomes MLS starting player same go's for two three othe guys. It takes time to move up the chart. We give up way to easy. By adding a player or two team will get better. We need two three more Canadians on the team. There is no way that American player will represent Vancouver better than Dunfiel or youngster from back east.
We have kids here equal or better than some of the players but no one is giving themm a chance. I say play few games agaionst top level teams here and check it out. No coast yet possible to get a player or two.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD Dunfield is not thre reason of our teams ill points. He is just one guy. We are way to young as a side, Delgato has two three years before he becomes MLS starting player same go's for two three othe guys. It takes time to move up the chart. We give up way to easy. By adding a player or two team will get better. We need two three more Canadians on the team. There is no way that American player will represent Vancouver better than Dunfiel or youngster from back east.
We have kids here equal or better than some of the players but no one is giving themm a chance. I say play few games agaionst top level teams here and check it out. No coast yet possible to get a player or two.

He's part of the reason, I would take a happy meal for Dunfield on any given sunday. He is not good enough for this league. He coughs it up like a Buckley's commerical. Forwards are useless if no one can get them the ball and leads are useless when you can't hold them. Tighten up the back, strengthen the middle, and we will start getting excited about wins, not ties.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
17 or not, Salgado has not impressed me.

To be honest, I thought Tan looked 20 times the player Salgado was in the loss to the Rapids.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

To be honest, I thought Tan looked 20 times the player Salgado was in the loss to the Rapids.

Wish I saw the game then, as Tan has looked worse than me everytime I've seen him. He has the touch of a rapist.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree Regs I doubt Salgado will ever be more than a decent MLS player. Last home game I was saying he doesn't appear to have the speed to make it in the EPL so I am not sure where that came from. Maybe Portland spread the rumors so we'd take him first. Tan looked better but I think he belongs on a team with Dunfield.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Put me into the class of wanting to see how he develops against his peers. Apparently he's been called up for international duty again (U-18 team?). We have to see how he progresses against other players his age on the international level.

He seems to lack strength, speed, timing, and agressiveness...but what 17 year old playing against me doesn't? One thing he does have that you can't teach: a nose for the net. He seems to be able to find himself in goal scoring position when he otherwise would have no right getting there.

The key for this young guy is going to be elbow grease. He just needs to work his ass off and learn as much as he can at this pro level while he's here.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He seems to lack strength, speed, timing, and agressiveness...but what 17 year old playing against me doesn't?

The key for this young guy is going to be grease. He just needs to work his ass off while he's here.

We're still talking soccer right? I think he will be decent just can't see him as an EPL player but hopefully I am wrong.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let the signings continue... by the way, TFC tweets are quite happy about this.

"With centre back Mouloud Akloul on his way out, and Dunfield gone, they have two spots open to sign players during the international transfer window, which opens Friday."

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Attakora was sent to SJ from TFC as well, so maybe Watty is coming back to the Caps to play alongside DeMerit? ;)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
He seems to lack strength, speed, timing, and agressiveness...but what 17 year old playing against me doesn't?

Let's not forget that he was presented as the player that even Arsenal was interested in. I find that really hard to believe. Can anyone confirm that story?

Anyway, if somebody was #1 draft pick it is logical to expect that such a player becomes immediately an impact player; does not really matter how old he is.

The problem I have with Salgado (or better to say with Whitecaps' management who picked him) is that I can find easily in Vancouver 3-4 local young players (18-20) who would do a better job than him. I guess we all can find and identify them easily, don't we?

The fact is that he has not shown absolutely anything yet and I simply did not see any signs that would tell me that we should we patient with him. I certainly hope I am wrong.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really wish I could triple like a comment, this is a great day for the whitecaps!!!! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COMMON!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0