Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expansion Team??

Agreed, Akslop......the reason I decided to not buy seasons tickets the first year was because of this reason. It will be good to see what they do with the failure on the field during the first year. Other expansion teams have fared much better recently though........tough call. We do have to remember that this is a 'B' league and that is proven EVERY game by the amounts of basic mistakes both teams make during the 90 minutes.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would pass on Owen. I be very carefull about the helth of his knees. I personaly would look in Alsalvador or Chile for a striker.
Caps could get very good players for less money.
This would bring Latino crouds in in a bigger numbers. As club moves down town it needs to bring in bigger crouds. We need a pitbull type of player to lift people in the seats. Fast strong and most of all nose for goal.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would pass on Owen. I be very carefull about the helth of his knees. I personaly would look in Alsalvador or Chile for a striker.
Caps could get very good players for less money.
This would bring Latino crouds in in a bigger numbers. As club moves down town it needs to bring in bigger crouds. We need a pitbull type of player to lift people in the seats. Fast strong and most of all nose for goal.

we already have one shitty south american striker who loves to dive but we need another?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO we just need any striker who can score, and maybe a centre mid who can get him the ball preferably opposite to dunfield who tends to be amazing at giving the ball to the opposing teams strikers.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps FC will make a major player announcement tomorrow morning. Visit whitecapsfc.com tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. PT to find out more...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Whitecaps are making a player announcement tomorrow at 9:30, and from what I'm hearing it's a striker, but not hearing anything else. I'm hoping that's wrong and it's a CM.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twitter is rife with news that it's a striker from Belgium who has put up very good numbers there. So I don't think it's the impact we were hoping for.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any place to read up on injured Caps?

Why is big Eric not playing right now? Where is Davide? Is Demerit done?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any place to read up on injured Caps?

Why is big Eric not playing right now? Where is Davide? Is Demerit done?

Regs, it's time to join the twittersphere -- follow @ProvinceWeber for a good source of legit Whitecaps news.

His last post on the subject was Jul 9:

@ProvinceWeber
Not confirmed yet but sounds like no Hassli (foot), no Chiumiento (hamstring) again for Caps. No DeMerit (groin) any time soon. #MLS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't have time for that, I barely have time to post here FFS :)

That being said... @betterbastards

:D

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think so, but I'd love to get Lukaku here if not at CFC.

Yeah, that would be a coup for sure. Unfortunately can't imagine any circumstances short of Jimmy Pattison personally funding the transfer and his salary whereby he'd choose Vancouver over Chelsea :D

Regs, I understand Hassli has a foot injury but is more of a knock than anything and should be back this week. Chuimiento is nursing a bad hamstring and was close to returning on the weekend but should also be ready for RSL on Saturday. DeMerit is more concerning, mainly because of how quiet they are being about the timetable and how sketchy our backline looked on the weekend (especially with Janicki back in there). I'm guessing at least another two weeks for him, possibly more.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stephen Appiah from Ghana? Didn't he captain his side in South Africa?

Plus I know Blaise Nkufo who played with Seattle lives here now!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard everything and anything... I will be surprised if it's a cm or centre back.

We are talking about the Caps here... football genius' they're not.

We will sign a striker, and then it will be till the off season that they then will have the epiphany and finally understand you could have Villa and Rooney up there and if they're being served crumbs and hoper balls the Caps would still miss the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0