Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October 2004

Animal & Keeper: isn't it time for you guys to come up and join us old farts?
Believe it or not, I'm not old enough. :cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Believe it or not, I'm not old enough.

Horsepoop! I've seen you play o30 in Squamish.... You're definitely old enough:D

Actually, the league permits each team to sign up to 3 guys between the age of 31 and 34. This is only an issue for those teams who are playing for the Provincial Cup; they play their underage guys during the season, and just have to sit them during Cup play.

more beerz,

stew :cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've seen the guys who play Over-35's.

They're all over 40. :p

~28 Forever.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

...and can kick our asses.

Just finishing off your O-40 statement Keeper.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

. . . at golf.

Just finishing off your O-40 statement Peter.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

...and pretty much anything else they set their minds, to including soccer.

We might have to get some beers riding on this Keeper.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter:

Agreed with the sentiment, if not the grammar....

Yes, Keeper's the best. I've never seen anybody else who can line a field like he can.... :D

This still doesn't explain why Mr. 28 Forever was playing for an over-30 team in Squamish. One might think he likes the more sedentary pace that comes with us geritol-dependant old geezers, or maybe he just can't keep up anymore? :eek: The mind fair boggles.....

beerz,

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scores anyone......???Was out of town today,didn't play but would like to know scores of games played.

Cheers!

ps:nursing a Crown hangover....should've stuck to Captain Morgans.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 4-1 Inter

We went down 1 early and were on our heels. Doug Johnston got us on the board with a corner kick that exposed some questionable hands, the ball going in off them. That was late in the first half and then Miguel Alvarado bagged a nice one on a Brian Wilms breakaway through ball.

Second half Mario Baff got us up by 2 and an OG finished off the scoring. We weathered a little early storm and came back strong to remain undefeated. Bun made some great reaction saves to frustrate them.

Other scores:

Metro Ford 1-2 Sapperton
Columbus lost to PCOV
Scotty, how'd you fare?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 4-1 Inter

We went down 1 early and were on our heels. Doug Johnston got us on the board with a corner kick that exposed some questionable hands, the ball going in off them. That was late in the first half and then Miguel Alvarado bagged a nice one on a Brian Wilms breakaway through ball.

Second half Mario Baff got us up by 2 and an OG finished off the scoring. We weathered a little early storm and came back strong to remain undefeated. Bun made some great reaction saves to frustrate them.

Other scores:

Metro Ford 1-2 Sapperton
Columbus lost to PCOV
Scotty, I see you lurking, how'd you fare?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tried to stop that first post and add to it, but it had already gone...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Didn't play today...was traveling home from Seattle. Haven't called anyone on the team. Columbus lost? What's happening to Metro Ford?

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No clue Scotty...we've got them next week and I'm guessing they're probably pretty tired of losing. You guys finally dropped some points today, I wasn't at our game against Lobbans but in years past they can field a pretty strong side.

Updated scores:

Columbus 0 - 1 PCOV
Firefighters 2 - 2 Lobbans

—11 more days until departure! 29 guys and counting. We've got a tournament confirmed against the Peruvian O-40 champs and 2 other teams for our top squad and then some exhibition games lined up for the rest of the guys.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter said:
and then some exhibition games lined up for the rest of the guys.
"Exhibition games". Is that some new kind of Peruvian shooter? :D

Have fun guys -- and bring back many pics.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper, although Miguel did score today, if Peruvian shooters are anything like him in front of the net, we're not too worried. We'll take everything they can throw at us.

We've enlisted a videographer (Spook) to come along and capture the excitement and I'm sure there will be lots of still shots taken. I will attempt to send you some during our stay for website updates.

We have a luncheon planned at the Canadian Embassy down there...I hope there are no international incidents. I travel on a US passport so if you see me pleading for my head in some grainy video, pray for me. Terrorists are everywhere!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually, I meant 'shooters' like the drinks . . . alcoholic . . . drinks . . . ya know.

Ahhh, forget it.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What's this site called again, Keeper?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What's this site called again, Keeper?

lost in space..... :D

Mo' sco's fo' yo'......

Celtic 1 Sapperton 2
Columbus 0 PCOV 1
Firefighters 2 Lobbans 2
Miloni 4 ICSF 1
SFU Utd 3 PoCo Celtic 1
Cracovia 1 Bulldogs 0
Lusos vs PAOK PPD
Cliff Ave 2 SFU Royals 4
Lomas 2 Ajax 2
Spurs 1 Covercrete 4
Van Utd 2 Canterbury 1
CAI 0 Inter Steaua 5
Olys 4 Reds 1
Immortals 1 Alemania 4

Peter - from what I hear, life in Peru is still kind of random. The company I used to work for had their office (near the Canadian embassy in Miraflores) firebombed about 5 years ago, not because of who they were, but because of who they were located next to (apparently a primary target). Even if the Sendaro Luminoso aren't active enough to make the news here anymore, there's still a lot of cranky people willing to make targets of American passports. Precaucion y cuidado, muchacho.

beerz,

ps - need a translator? :D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew,

I will have plenty of Canadiana adorning my luggage and clothes...we have room for more if you were interested in translating—flights are still available.

Our travel agent mentioned that it's best to be inconspicuous and low-key. Life is cheap down there. With 8 million living in Lima, there's bound to be some desterate souls.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Ballbaby, haven't posted for a while. It's been a brutal year so far. Other than playing poorly against PCOV we have been in every game & at times completely dominated. As soon as we make a mistake it's in the bag of our net & I can count on both hands the amount of posts & crossbars we've hitten!!!! We've dug ourselves in a huge hole now. We played Westside yesterday ( I wasn't there ) and by all accounts dominated the 1'st half ( hit the underside of the crossbar in the 1'st 5 minutes ). Maloni did apply pressure the last 20 minutes as we had Frank Yallop & Barney go off within 15 minutes of starting, with pulls which left us 1 sub, oh well we'll take the point. Looks like FVSL Maters is turning out to be quite the battle!! Good to see. I'll try & post a little more regulary to add our input ( don't want Peter to taint what's going on too badly, lol ). Oh yeah, Dale Mitchell has not signed with us & Dave Norman has been hurt allot this year. We should be better than we are but running out of time quickly!!

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0