Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October 2004

Again, they were there for the taking with Frank C, Ivan B, Dino A and more all crossed off their list but they still have some dangerous guys. HP looked a little tired though--I think he might be playing a bit too much!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 1-1 Firemen

We went up on a JC goal to break the goose egg that you guys had racked up over the previous 4 games. John collected the beer bounty that was on the first goal.

The game was a hard fought affair and I thought we had it in the bag until John and Bob Roselund (sp?) had a tete a tete at midfield that ended with a red to BR for punching John in the face.

That seemed to wake up you guys and with 10 guys we were on our heels. A Fiddler header with 1 minute to go tied it up. We had one last chance at the end but it ended in a well-deserved tie.

It'll be interesting to see what he gets in the new VMSL/WCOTSL Thursday night court...I haven't seen anyone do that in years.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can't do anything but shake my head.....Any idea about Friday's game between Columbus and Coquitlam?

Cheers!

Wish I was there but had to do the family soccer this weekend.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 3-1 MF
Lobbans 2-1 PCOV
Sapp ppd Inter

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Metro 0 and 5....who would've thought?
Guess Sap and Inter found turkey and family more important than playing....smart move.
Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty,

I heard today that Dale Mitchell is joining the Metro Ford ranks. I think that officially gives them the lead in ex-pros. I wonder if they can turn it around in time to avoid relegation (again). Has B. Rosenlund played many games with you guys this year?

Peter

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

B.R. has played in 4 of 5 games I think. I do think they could turn it around but they would need PCOV and Lobbans to stink it up as Sap has already set sail. But hey stranger things have happened in this league. By the way...what do you think of Ballbaby's short story?
Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It'll be interesting to see what he gets with the new disciplinary committee tomorrow night.

Do you mean Lobbans setting sail or were you talking about Sap getting a point? I guess we'll see about Sap on Sunday...should be interesting at the top after this weekend.

I think BB was talking about the first year you guys won the W Canadians when you substituted for a prairie team? Sounds like a wild weekend though and I'm totally jealous of both of you guys.

—22 and counting...oops, 21.

Heard a Homer Simpson sidequip the other day talking to Marge, who's pissed at him:

"awwww...is this about the trip me and Barney took to Machu Picchu?"

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty:

Sap and Inter didn't get any say in postponing their game - New West closed all of their fields for the weekend (really fcuked up our attempt to keep caught up with scheduling :rolleyes: ), so we had 3 cancelled games there.

Don't know about either of PCOV or Lobbans rolling over and playing dead; Pierre's having a career year for Lobbans so far (even if he could be accused of being their only offensive weapon, ala Harry last year), and PCOV seem to be holding their own - just their goalkeeper sucks :D .

My team has its own issues; we started off the season well (2-0-1), but then shat the bed against Canterbury and Mermaids (the last one really stunk). Lots of early chances but no finish. Hoping for better against Van Utd this weekend.

Beers,

stew :cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rosenlund got 4 games last night...

Scotty, let Fiddler know I owe him a beer (I'll also buy one of those tickets off him): I thought he'd get 5 or more.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it was a wet day for footie but set the stage for a typical Firemen/Columbus match.They were sporting only 13 guys today to our 16 so we should've ran them more.
We scored first on a beauty of a header by Squeak(Bruce G.) then had their keeper make two reaction saves off Fids and myself.They responded before the end of the half with Harry P. getting a deflected shot past our keeper.They also managed to hit the crossbar and miss a breakaway just to make it interesting.To our luck the ref added time for a couple of injuries and Birdman(Brent G.) knocked in the go ahead with half a minute to go.
Second half was more of the same..physical...semi clean,lots of missed hand balls and a tiring 13 Columbus boys.Their goalie kept the score down as he made a couple more quality saves and we didn't bury our chances.About half way through J.lo(Jim L.) beat a couple players and struck a beauty of a left foot into the top corner.Not much happened til the last 5 when a crossed ball struck Chuckles(Chuck S.) in the hand and the ref finally calling a hand ball.(Deserved)Kevin C. finished that off but that was all there was.
Good game between old rivals with FF coming out on top this time. Lobbans are up next,to bad I won't be here. So what else happened this weekend??Peter,Stew..since you guys are the only guys other than myself that post here.
Cheers! :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is there any way of quickly knowing the score without having to read all that?

~Lazy Bones.

P.S. Peter, what happened today?

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

is there a web site for this League???

Animal

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-0 Sapperton

Even at the half with a lot of good possesion by us with no results. We had the 5 sub bench though and ran them pretty good in the second half.

Richie Cannon got us on the board with a 20-yard first-time rocket into the top-left corner on a nice pass from Brian Wilms. A diving header by Rick Moore put the icing on the cake. They had a few good chances that Bun (1st half) and Merks (2nd half) handled well. Paul Lowther didn't unload any howitzers this game with only a few sniffs on net. Their striker who took them to the BC finals last year was fast but got stuffed all day long on some nice work by our defense.

Inter next week who always play us tough...Metro Ford with a point today!

Club Inter 1-1 PCOV
Lobbans 2-2 Metro Ford Celtic

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, www.wcotsl.com will usually take you to the website which is, as I type, almost up to date (just missing a few goalscorers...).

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter, Scotty, Craigo

What's up with Metro Ford? Have they been out-playing their opponents and can't score? Have they been outplayed? Bad goals? What is it? They certainly have what appears to be a great team on paper?

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spiro,

You got me. They do have a good paper team, not unlike the NY Rangers. They've played together for a long time. I don't know what it is. I'd say our game with them was pretty even (we had 1 sub) with us coming out on top. I haven't seen them play anyone else. They're already in relegation trouble at this point in the season. The winning goal in our game was a little weak, I can't remember if that was Craig in the nets or what...I'm pretty sure they'll get a win this season, maybe even this year! Just hopefully it won't be against us. I heard a rumour that Dale Mitchell was signed (or going to sign). Maybe him and Yallop have a little time on their hands now to work on some set plays.

Peter

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guys:

I have it on good authority that the dumbass who runs the league website is still waiting for scorers from the Premier Division and will update it when that becomes available. :rolleyes:

Dunno what's up with Craigo's boys - he hasn't posted for quite a while either. Have to see if we can drag him back onto the site. Hedkandi too, if he can be torn away from playing EA footy....

Other scores (sorry for the duplicates):

Club Inter 1 PCOV 1
Firefighters 3 Columbus 2
Lobbans 2 MFC 2
Miloni 2 Sapperton 0
SFU Royals 3 Bulldogs 1
SFU United 2 Lusos 2
PoCo Celtic 2 Cliff Ave 3
PAOK vs Cracovia PPD
Ajax 0 PoCo Blues 1 (no, Jinky didn't score....)
Canterbury 10 Shooters 0 (not a misprint :eek: )
Van Utd 2 Spurs 0
Covercrete 3 Lomas 1
Immortals 5 Inter Steaua 1
Reds 7 CAI 0
Olys 2 Alemania 3

Animal & Keeper: isn't it time for you guys to come up and join us old farts? :D

beers,

stew :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0