Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October 2004

Unkle stew's guide to Cup games:

League Cup

Cracovia vs Celtic ppd
Lobbans 2 Bulldogs 0
Firefighters vs Cliff Ave. ppd
PAOK 1 Miloni 4
PCOV 3 Lusitanos 1
SFU Royals 0 Columbus 1
SFU United 2 Club Inter 3
PoCo Celtic 1 Sapperton 3

Masters' Cup

Ajax 2 CAI 0
Lomas 1 Spurs 3
Alemania 2 Canterbury 0
Blues vs Shooters ppd
Immortals vs Van Utd. ppd
Covercrete 1 Reds 2

No spectacular upsets in the League Cup. CraigO's bhoys missed a good chance to finally put up a W, although they'll be in tough if they try to run and gun with Cracovia. Looks like Columbus had a close one with SFU, though.

Masters' Cup appears to be a different story. Both Alemania and the Reds did much better than they were expected to, although I'm told Alemania brought up a couple of ringers from their VMSL team. Covercrete/Reds game was called by the ref apparently just after the winning goal was scored. Biggest shock is probably Spurs finally winning a game again :rolleyes: and getting a chance to do it against Dazza & his crew of miscreants.

more to come (like always)....

beerz,

stew :cool:

White Knight

Sep 29, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I disagree, Stew.

The biggest surprise of the 2004 Masters' Cup was CAI - Caribbean Allstars International even making it into the Masters Cup. We beat Inter Steaua team 2-1 on November 21, winning our 1st game of the season.

Losing 2-0 to the Coquitlam Ajax was another surprise. They're 8 spots ahead of us through 2 divisions. My CAI team may surprise everyone, including ourselves.

Currently, we're slightly ahead of Meraloma SC by goals against and we play them on Dec 12.

What strange luck... Do we dare to hope we can beat Killarney Spurs in Round 3 of Round Robin in Jan 2005?

Ian

:confused:

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew: sounds like you have a lot of fans...you should make weekly predictions and stir the pot a little more with this thread and that paper???

Cheers

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

just what I need - a fan club made up of yoyos like you two :rolleyes: Be still my beating heart....

Do we dare to hope we can beat Killarney Spurs in Round 3 of Round Robin in Jan 2005?
ummm Nope. Not unless I'm in goal :eek:

SCP - I won't talk about that paper :rolleyes: , not unless "England" ever comes back on here so we can all slag him. Besides, Eye-Yacks get enough publicity in the rag....

The only prediction I'm going to make is that most of our games will be cancelled this weekend :p

I heard a beer calling me...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why wait for him to come back here?

"England" is a knob.

~Regs.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this week's results: Metro-Ford 3 Westside Bulldogs 1 nice to see craig's boys finally win one...Portuguese Club 1 SFU Royals 1 we were very flat in the first 20 minutes, we could been 2 or 3 goals down in the first 20 minutes...to much eggnog the night before...Sapperton 0 SFU United 0...Lobbans 1 Cracovia 1

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"England" is a knob.
Sounds like Regs thinks very highly of that paper as well.... :rolleyes:

As per my prediction - many games cancelled this weekend. Another week off for most of us.

Good to see CraigO & crew getting a W even if not against highly-touted opposition - rumour has it that DJones has broken down and come over to the dark side of o35 soccer; wonder if he had anything to do with this?

SCP - physical game like you were anticipating?

beers (no eggnog),

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any WCOTSL teams interested in an exhibition game on Sunday Jan 2nd, Coveside Fc from NSCL has a turf field, for a 9:30am KO. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0