Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 9

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
it seems refs can interpret this however they want, I have seen some take almost personal offense to standing in front of the ball after a freekick is blown. So much power tripping from amateur refs its unreal.

If you stand in front of the ball trying to prevent a quick kick and aren't making any effort to get back, you are asking for a yellow, it's not power tripping it's called the laws of the game,

people (like you?) that think the laws should be amended, different and/or more lenient for the amateur game need to reconsider pass times...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course most teams get yappy, but when you start beaking benches and players who have gone down with an injury, it shows the maturity level , not the whole team but quite a few players showing their age and lack of maturity in the mens game.

Typical from a moody team tbh. Heard over the weekend their u21 team (67 goals for 1 against u21 team) beat our u21 team 3-0. And after the game their coach was telling the westcoast players that next time they'll hammer them by more once they have all their prem players there. Not to mention the red one of their guys took for throwing the ball in a kids face after the game.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you stand in front of the ball trying to prevent a quick kick and aren't making any effort to get back, you are asking for a yellow, it's not power tripping it's called the laws of the game,

people (like you?) that think the laws should be amended, different and/or more lenient for the amateur game need to reconsider pass times...
Actually I think refs should be calling things the exact way they do in professional leagues, my team would e playing against 9-10 players every single weekend because of the challenges put in against us from older/slower uncoordinated players that can't get near us. I only stated refs SOMETIMES take things like this personally in amateur soccer NOT that I want this to be allowed or rules changed or made more lenient...

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical from a moody team tbh. Heard over the weekend their u21 team (67 goals for 1 against u21 team) beat our u21 team 3-0. And after the game their coach was telling the westcoast players that next time they'll hammer them by more once they have all their prem players there. Not to mention the red one of their guys took for throwing the ball in a kids face after the game.
In sure the United boys will get stuck in and maybe score a few goals on them this Tuesday in the bradner. Stick up for the younger u-21s, nobody cares they can play premier/y-league/provincial level players against a u-21 division currently with players that grew up playing house/bronze/silver quality soccer and blow them away not even the least bit impressive.

Last edited:

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ohhhhh forgot to mention my best yellow of the season, I need some third opinions on this, I wish there was a way to challenge it.....
Our midfielder fouls their player at half (we are up 3-1 and game was dying down). Their defender is going to launch the ball from half into our box obviously and try for a header goal. Me being the striker I stand in front so no quick free kick is taken, and then I proceed to back up. I make it to about 8-10 yard distance and ref blows his whistle as to take the free kick. I take on step forward as he is about to kick and jump in the air, ball sails past
Me and goes. Into the box. The referee whistles and blows the play dead and gives me a yellow!!!!! He says he asked me repeated times to back up (which he never did) and that I disrupted the play. Now from my understanding, unless the player asks for 10, it's not a card offense?? Player never asked for 10, I wasn't doin the deuche bag slow slow walk back from the ball, I was maybe a yard ahead..... Is that a yellow ....?

It's a yellow because not only did you not move back 10 (that's not the booking part), but then you moved forward AFTER the ref blew his whistle, then you jumped to block it. Whether he told you to move back or not it's a stone cold red. BUT, I get your frustration. The reffing is soooo inconsistent in the Fraser Valley at all levels. We all have mind-boggling stories of inconsistent refs and the leagues do NOTHING about it. Nothing they share with us the paying customers anyway - and they should. When refs are poor or excellent how leagues deal with this should be reported as well.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In sure the United boys will get stuck in and maybe score a few goals on them this Tuesday in the bradner. Stick up for the younger u-21s, nobody cares they can play premier/y-league/provincial level players against a u-21 division currently with players that grew up playing house/bronze/silver quality soccer and blow them away not even the least bit impressive.

It's true - what the heck are they doing in u21??? If I was on that team I'd quit and go play on a team that was in a more competitive division. Winning or losing once a year 7-0 no problem. But every week? BORING. Surprised anyone bothers to play them anymore in that league. Those kids that are playing u21 are in that division because they are either u18's, or simply not good enough for their clubs Div 2+ team I presume - that's the case with my club's u21! (and rightly so)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its classless for the players, and even more embarrassing for the coach to act that way, they'll keep it up and do it to the wrong player, and they'll learn soon enough in mens to keep their mouths shut. We're all here to just have fun and enjoy the game, but if your gonna be disrespectful and yappy all the time, people aren't going to like it, and someones bound to get hurt. Would love to see United lay lopsided defeat to those children.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a yellow because not only did you not move back 10 (that's not the booking part), but then you moved forward AFTER the ref blew his whistle, then you jumped to block it. Whether he told you to move back or not it's a stone cold red. BUT, I get your frustration. The reffing is soooo inconsistent in the Fraser Valley at all levels. We all have mind-boggling stories of inconsistent refs and the leagues do NOTHING about it. Nothing they share with us the paying customers anyway - and they should. When refs are poor or excellent how leagues deal with this should be reported as well.
We played at Hammond last week, and had a ref with the most bizarre offside complex I've ever seen. He literally stayed on the sideline the entire game, sprinting up and down the field like a linesman, making great offside calls, which we all appreciate, but he placed offside calls ahead of calling the actual game. He was at most times 40-70 yards away from the ball! Because of this he was never in the play to make good calls, missed many calls, and when he did blow his whistle for a foul he had to run 50 yards to the spot of the foul. I have never seen this before. Strange thing was is I could tell he was a good ref. Any other Westcoast teams have this ref before? Really bizarre.

canuck2008

Apr 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played at Hammond last week, and had a ref with the most bizarre offside complex I've ever seen. He literally stayed on the sideline the entire game, sprinting up and down the field like a linesman, making great offside calls, which we all appreciate, but he placed offside calls ahead of calling the actual game. He was at most times 40-70 yards away from the ball! Because of this he was never in the play to make good calls, missed many calls, and when he did blow his whistle for a foul he had to run 50 yards to the spot of the foul. I have never seen this before. Strange thing was is I could tell he was a good ref. Any other Westcoast teams have this ref before? Really bizarre.
I guess it proves you can't please everyone. You must have been watching a different game ZidaneFan. Yes I reffed at times from the sidelines but entire game. This is the same style I have had for years and based on the comments from both sets of players and spectators after the game, plus other teams in the past, I get the job job.
ND 'Downers in a shoot out with TWU last week 4-4 Decent game but our Injuries and fitness took a tole in the last 20. Some nice finishing on display we hit the posts twice as well. Just a side bar the ref we had was excellent up with the play, when they do a good job the don't get enough praise only one flub call. Bloody fitter than half the team tried to sign im but he refs to much.
Did I miss calls, yes I did and I never expect to get them all however I got the major decisions and no goals from offsides which is a continual complaint from players on the field and this forum. I appreciate TTP is about opinions, but at least get the majority of your facts correct .. see you on the field

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
you won't see me on the field, injured for the season. Offsides are always a complaint when you have no linesmen. If a team is going to play offside trap, let them and they will get burned if there are no linesman. I concede that you were not on the sideline for the ENTIRE game, only the majority of it. Which is why I said to you that we need you in the play. To which you replied that you can see fine and that if you are not on the sideline to call offsides, then you get yelled at. At this, I pointed out to you that you were 60 yards away from the ball, which is true because we were standing right beside each other and the ball was controlled by their fullback on the opposite sideline. You replied that you can see better than me which is something that a teenager would say. I wasn't yelling and was never rude to you, and yet you refused to talk after the game. You are a great ref, nobody is denying that, but we do need you in the middle of the field closer to the play. I was just surprised because in all my years I have never seen a ref with your kind of style. Foul calls are more important than offsides, and you need to be in the middle of the field. A ref's position on the field shouldn't be dictated by the abuse they will receive from players and fans, and yet that is what's happening. If players are going to yell at you for offsides, then card them and send fans away from the field. Refs take too much abuse.

canuck2008

Apr 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
you won't see me on the field, injured for the season. Offsides are always a complaint when you have no linesmen. If a team is going to play offside trap, let them and they will get burned if there are no linesman. I concede that you were not on the sideline for the ENTIRE game, only the majority of it. Which is why I said to you that we need you in the play. To which you replied that you can see fine and that if you are not on the sideline to call offsides, then you get yelled at. At this, I pointed out to you that you were 60 yards away from the ball, which is true because we were standing right beside each other and the ball was controlled by their fullback on the opposite sideline. You replied that you can see better than me which is something that a teenager would say. I wasn't yelling and was never rude to you, and yet you refused to talk after the game. You are a great ref, nobody is denying that, but we do need you in the middle of the field closer to the play. I was just surprised because in all my years I have never seen a ref with your kind of style. Foul calls are more important than offsides, and you need to be in the middle of the field. A ref's position on the field shouldn't be dictated by the abuse they will receive from players and fans, and yet that is what's happening. If players are going to yell at you for offsides, then card them and send fans away from the field. Refs take too much abuse.
ZidaneFan .. believe it or not I do take on board what players say especially if it is something I am fundamentally missing from my game. I will agree completely that at times that my positioning is not the best in regards to the play however when possession is lost and the ball is kicked across field then my only hope is to get the best angle and anticipate next phase of play. Out wide works most of the time but not always. Unfortunately our first interaction was at around 80 minutes and by that time I was knackered especially as it was a good end to end game and was my 4th of the weekend. My only disappointment was that none of your players said anything during the game and yet you chose to voice your comments half way across the field which is frustrating to a referee. If I offended in the way I responded, my apologies unfortunately that was not the intention. I actually told your manager how much I enjoyed reffing your team. As a referee it is nice to just go and do the game and not have to deal with the crap that usually happens out there. Hope the leg heals well. By the way Regs, my shirt was not as red as that one so don't think it was me :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0