Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 8

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights vs Milan TIE
Sparta
vs Pomo
Celtic vs Dynamo
Surrey vs Razorbarcks
Delta Titans vs Vault TIE
North Coquitlam vs Aldergrove

Knights vs Milan, hoping for a Milan win or a tie for the cascadia cup standings, should be a good battle.
Sparta in a tight game, if they win this one, season is a race for second. 2-1 Sparta
Celtic vs Dynamo has been very tight over the last few years and I don't expect anything different, going to be a tough game.
Surrey vs Razorbacks, not sure why the Razorbacks are off to such a rough start, lots of young guys with skill and pace, perhaps more of a team game will help them bring in the points. I still see them taking 3 points this weekend. 2-0
Titans vs Vault ending in a tie.
Aldergrove will run through North Coquitlam getting back on track with 2 on the trott. 3-0

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea. If Sparta wins again the league is locked up early which kinda sucks. Unlikely they'll take promotion but I don't think anyone in the div this year would want it anyway. Gna be a battle for the remaining 3 provincial spots though.

Milan
Sparta
Tie
Razorbacks
Tie

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't take promotion, if they're gonna be as dominate as they have been, they will fare well in div 1. Its a really competitive league this year, anything can happen any week as we have seen.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Sparta would be competitive in div 1 as would 3 other div 2 teams. That being said, playing in div 2 has way more up sides : provincial b cup , pres cup , Bradner cup .... Div 1 u can only go to provincials if u win pak cup which is nearly impossible . We almost did it a few years back after a great run but lost in the final.

Anyway. I just think most teams in div 2 this year are content on staying in div 2 ...

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta = SFC Rangers.

We are too old, injured, don't practice enough to move up.
Come on guys, there is A LOT of soccer left to play, this whole league wrapped up talk is too early. Anything can happen.
I remember years ago in the old 20 team system we decimated Dynamo 5-1, chirped them on here, and they went the rest of the year without a loss. Ask Johnny K. Anything can happen.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barring a huge collapse you guys have the league in my opinion. There's only 3 teams capable of taking points off you guys... Even if u lost all 3 of those games ur still sitting pretty.
Still excited to play you guys again though

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta = SFC Rangers.

We are too old, injured, don't practice enough to move up.
Come on guys, there is A LOT of soccer left to play, this whole league wrapped up talk is too early. Anything can happen.
I remember years ago in the old 20 team system we decimated Dynamo 5-1, chirped them on here, and they went the rest of the year without a loss. Ask Johnny K. Anything can happen.
I remember that

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
how does it work if Sparta wins the league and says no?. does the league let them stay in div 2 and possibly clean up again?. I don't blame anyone for not wanting promotion, div 1 has no real perks unless you just want a competitive game every weekend. I guess they have the bradner in which they are top dogs.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league just forces them to retire i guess, nothing left to prove, your out. Temple had a fairly dominate year last year, and are currently 3-3 in Div 1.

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think they can force promotion ... It's Rec soccer. They would offer the spot to someone else . Someone would take it

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how to feel about that subject....
Obviously Sparta are laying waste to majority of teams in div2 aside from maybe two/three squads, so for them it ain't much of a challenge. So for the rest of div.2 teams it's pretty much a locked loss when playing them? So if they don't accept promotion, do rest of the division 2 teams just accept another year we can't win div.2? Or even have a chance at winning the cup in cup run?

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other div 2 teams need to get better then if that's the case. 1 - 2 players can make a huge difference to a teams success ( aswell as good depth ). If you don't like the fact that Sparta are good and don't want to go up to div 1, make improvements to your team to compete against them. That's our plan anyway.
But who knows, maybe they'll go up.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone can win any game in this division, Sparta are good, and are the team to beat at the moment, doesn't mean they can't lose. The cup is anyones too, United in div 3 could compete with most of div 2 no problem, maybe they knock them out of cup? who knows, that's the beauty of this game.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone can win any game in this division, Sparta are good, and are the team to beat at the moment, doesn't mean they can't lose. The cup is anyones too, United in div 3 could compete with most of div 2 no problem, maybe they knock them out of cup? who knows, that's the beauty of this game.
They knocked sparta out last year im pretty sure. And the only game they have lost in the last 2 seasons is the cup final to the Dynamo. Underestimate them and you're gonna have a bad time.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
The other div 2 teams need to get better then if that's the case. 1 - 2 players can make a huge difference to a teams success ( aswell as good depth ). If you don't like the fact that Sparta are good and don't want to go up to div 1, make improvements to your team to compete against them. That's our plan anyway.
But who knows, maybe they'll go up.
The league needs to figure out a way to make playing div 1 more rewarding so you don't have teams clearly to good for a division wanting to stay there. At the end of the day winning is more fun then losing so I'm not really sure it can be changed. Imagine if a premier team decided to reform as a div 2-4 team just so they could win B cup provincials. It's probably the only way the FVSL would have a shot In B cup anyways.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season golden boot division winner and outstanding player of the year award goes to R-tee cause that's the smartest damn thing I have heard on this site in years!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0