Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 49824310094321

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs surrey: Celtic with an easy win 3-1 for the bad guys
Sparta vs Red Devils : going to go with Sparta for a win 2-1 over Red Devils . Close game could be a tie MOTE
Black knights vs razorbacks: knights need a comeback so let's say 2-1 win for nights
Titans vs dynamo : ND not playing too well dynamo with a 3-1 win
Vault vs titans: gunnna be a tough go for us for sure.
North coq vs Milan: take Milan with a win 3-0 over lacking north coq side!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic need a much better showing than our past game vs Surrey (worst of the year) and our match on Saturday vs North Coquitlam if we want a good result.
Sparta 3-1 over Aldergrove
Knights vs Rbacks, Hoping for a tie, would be a good result for the WestCoast Cascadia Cup
Titans vs Dynamo Dynamo should take this one 2-0
Vault vs Titans, Hoping for a vault win, as I just dislike Pomo, however if I were betting I would go with pomo, lets say 3-1.
North Coquitlam hopefully have more players than they did last time vs Milan, only having 8 guys. If its 11-11 I still say Milan win, 3-0.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs Surrey. Celtic with a win. Win by two
Sparta vs Aldergrove. Sparta with a win. MOTW. Will be great game and a fast paced match. Hard to not choose the leaders. Sparta by two
Knights vs Razorbacks. Razorbacks with a win. Two pretty even teams going head to head. Razarbacks by one
ND Titans vs Dynamo. Dynamo with a win. Sounds like Dynamo are on a hot streak. Dynamo will play powerful i think. Win by two
Vault vs PMO. PMO with a win. Will be a close match. Second MOTW. Im really hoping PMO steps up and plays great like they can. Will be a big game. I feel PMO will play strong and win by two
Milan vs N Coquitlam. Milan with a win. Milan will be too much for Coquitlam. Milan forward up front will score a hat trick. He is a serious threat up front

illbehonest

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard the news that North Coquitlam has folded. Now rumor from the league states that all previous results against North Coquitlam stand and because they have played more than half their games that everyone who hasn't played them gets a 5-0 win. How is this remotely fair to the 3 teams that tied them? Who is to say that North Coquitlam couldn't have tied or beat other teams they played? Absolutely ridiculous, especially after teams had their wins vs Burnaby Metro taken away last year when they folded. This decision really hampers teams especially when it comes to relegation area. Ill be honest, a garbage decision by the league and they really need to recheck their rules to make it fair for all parties.

illbehonest

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard the news that North Coquitlam has folded. Now rumor from the league states that all previous results against North Coquitlam stand and because they have played more than half their games that everyone who hasn't played them gets a 5-0 win. How is this remotely fair to the 3 teams that tied them? Who is to say that North Coquitlam couldn't have tied or beat other teams they played? Absolutely ridiculous, especially after teams had their wins vs Burnaby Metro taken away last year when they folded. This decision really hampers teams especially when it comes to relegation area. Ill be honest, a garbage decision by the league and they really need to recheck section 2, Rule 2, sub G.
Any team that folds the same results should go out to every single team, regardless of the games played. These point could cost teams to be promoted or relegated with that "free win" every point should be earned, not automatically given.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard the news that North Coquitlam has folded. Now rumor from the league states that all previous results against North Coquitlam stand and because they have played more than half their games that everyone who hasn't played them gets a 5-0 win. How is this remotely fair to the 3 teams that tied them? Who is to say that North Coquitlam couldn't have tied or beat other teams they played? Absolutely ridiculous, especially after teams had their wins vs Burnaby Metro taken away last year when they folded. This decision really hampers teams especially when it comes to relegation area. Ill be honest, a garbage decision by the league and they really need to recheck section 2, Rule 2, sub G.
Any team that folds the same results should go out to every single team, regardless of the games played. These point could cost teams to be promoted or relegated with that "free win" every point should be earned, not automatically given.
Rule book Robby over here. Although I agree that teams should earn their points, what can us teams who "earned" our points do about it? Nothing really . Feel for the guys on North Coquitlam who actually showed up to play as they weren't as bad as their record showed. however.......

Attachments

• rdqltc.jpg (3).jpg
    rdqltc.jpg (3).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 40

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. That's crazy ... Is this confirmed or still a rumour. Last year we beat Burnaby and our win got taken away which we thought was BS. Not sure what a fair option would be this late in the season though ....

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never mind. Just looked at updated standings. It's official. Looks like it will have more impact on relegation zone then provincial spots ...

Dalton

Nov 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounded odd until I looked it up

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/rules.php#games

2(g) The record of a team who resigns or is expelled from the League before completing one half of its schedule shall be expunged. A team who resigns or is expelled after completing one half of its schedule will forfeit the points for all remaining games on its schedule.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounded odd until I looked it up

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/rules.php#games

2(g) The record of a team who resigns or is expelled from the League before completing one half of its schedule shall be expunged. A team who resigns or is expelled after completing one half of its schedule will forfeit the points for all remaining games on its schedule.
Still odd, regardless of results from before,all teams should recieve the same amount of points either remove all results or give everyone 6 pts. the league has done a ton of great stuff to improve the league however in my opinion they have completely dropped the ball in this category, changing promotion and relegation standings because of it. Let's hope something is done to rectify this and make it FAIR to ALL teams.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still odd, regardless of results from before,all teams should recieve the same amount of points either remove all results or give everyone 6 pts. the league has done a ton of great stuff to improve the league however in my opinion they have completely dropped the ball in this category, changing promotion and relegation standings because of it. Let's hope something is done to rectify this and make it FAIR to ALL teams.

It's a tricky situation though... Let's say Team A beats Team C, Team B loses to Team C, Team A ends up finishing 2 points ahead of Team B, but Team C folds. If you just scrap all those points (meaning Team A now finishes behind team B, even though they earned those points) and it has playoff/relegation implications, then what's the fair outcome?

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this is bulls**t

I know we aren't the only team screwed but still does not make any sense what so ever. Ya we played them once, beat them 2-1 but.. We don't get an extra 3 points for the second forfeit.. yet Surrey gets 6 points from this and they haven't even played once? AND get 10 goals for. Yeah I understand we still have a long way to go and I'm not just trying to complain to climb us out of the bottom. It should be as simple like Cascade said, either take 6 points for everyone or remove them entirely. Guess our game vs. Knights this Friday is even more important all around.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a tricky situation though... Let's say Team A beats Team C, Team B loses to Team C, Team A ends up finishing 2 points ahead of Team B, but Team C folds. If you just scrap all those points (meaning Team A now finishes behind team B, even though they earned those points) and it has playoff/relegation implications, then what's the fair outcome?

That was a noodle scratcher....

Dalton

Nov 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
so the only ones complaining are the teams who dropped points to a team with a -66 GA. someone dropped the ball thats for sure

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't get me wrong, we shite!!!! the bed in our first game in a 0-0 tie, where we couldn't finish at all, and we cost ourselves those 2 pts but it was still a point earned, but what about the teams who automatically get a free win, when they themselves could have lost or tied. That free win took Aldergrove (not that they probably wouldn't win) from 5th to 2nd ,is that fair for the team in 4th who just lost their provincial spot, if the league ended now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0