Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 2 2015/2016 Results & Banter

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here ya go:
We have not conceded 5 goals in a game for a long time. After about 20 minutes it was 4-1 royals. I have never seen so many defensive mistakes by us in one game, holy shite. One goal was good, the rest shite.

I think, because it was a very wet surface we resorted to long ball. They had a few sitters the rest of the game but we clawed our way back and tied it up with 10 to go. Could not find the winner.

By far the worst game I have seen us play in a long time. For sure royals have some skill but number 17 is by far their best player. We basically took over the game mid-way through the first half.
fcuk we shot ourselves in the foot in this one. Good on us not give up and fight back. Made the after game BBQ and drinks all the better.
#7 on their team spent a lot of time laying on the pitch. Get up you ducking wanker.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys just aren't that good. Kick and run is your game. We made you look like shite in the first half. That's my report. See you next time

notthewizardofoz

Nov 22, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
As per Bergkamp note they did make us look like shite for the first half. That being said, if we were not that good overall, being up 4-1 and then tying 5-5 shouldn't look to good on the Royals. I think the game was a pretty bad representation of what both teams could/can/will be. The rematch should be a good one as I can't see either of these teams leaking 5 goals again. The game itself was pretty well contested, a few heavy tackles coming in from both sides. Ref was decent and at least was consistently inconsistent.

First couple of goals Royals scored were sitters from inside the 6, some terrible communication from us. I think our defensemen actually tackled each other to give them open looks. Third was a nice header from a free kick, fourth guy just beat our keep clean with a nice shot, and their fifth was a well worked back post header. Ours were a couple of tap ins from in the box scrums, a 14 yard deflected blast, a beauty from maybe 20, that the tying goal was some hard work from a forward in the box with a nice turn and finish.

On to Abby.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berkhamp,
we made ourselves look like shite in the first half. You guys have some skill but I guarantee a different game and outcome next time around. It's gotta sting being up 4-1 and end up drawing 5-5?

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
It stings because we really should have beat you guys. Props for not giving up. All I ask is that you own up to being outplayed, not being ready for the game, or just playing against a solid team, instead of using arrogant excuses like
"It was a wet surface so we resorted" and "by far the worst game we've ever played." Sorry pal, but i got too much respect for my team to let those words slide by. We were all over you and therefore you were coughing up the ball. All of our goals were well finished regardless of how it ended up on our foot.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It stings because we really should have beat you guys. Props for not giving up. All I ask is that you own up to being outplayed, not being ready for the game, or just playing against a solid team, instead of using arrogant excuses like
"It was a wet surface so we resorted" and "by far the worst game we've ever played." Sorry pal, but i got too much respect for my team to let those words slide by. We were all over you and therefore you were coughing up the ball. All of our goals were well finished regardless of how it ended up on our foot.
Hey, you forgot a few more. One of our guys forgot his lucky shoe laces. The water in our water bottles didn't taste quite right. We didn't have enough pinnies for warmup. But, I swear, next time, we will not have these issues and will be ready to beat you guys, I would guess 3-1 or 2-0.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I haven't posted in many an eon but now I'm drawn in. Only the second and fifth goals were decent, I playing the worst half hour of my life. Yes, not an excuse, a fact, the worst half hour of my life. Two of the goals were a result of a simple clearance that a ten year old could of preformed. A fact. Not an excuse. These goals were not a result of POCO's glorious play. You were not all over us. A simple ball down the wing, a cross to the middle where there are three defenders and one forward that doesn't get cleared is not fantastic play by you but really really really poor play by us. I'm sure your bench was saying ' Wow, those were so well deserved goals. We worked so hard for those goals. Our build-up was awesome'. If you did you are delusional in the grandest of fashion.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys just aren't that good. Kick and run is your game. We made you look like shite in the first half. That's my report. See you next time
Let me see if I'm reading this correctly: The team that couldn't win Div 3 for how many years and gets into Div 2 through the backdoor is saying that Dynamo, who have made provincials at least the last 3 years in a row (one year going really deep) and also have gotten 2nd place in div 2 the last 2 years in a row, won the President's cup 2 years ago and made semi-finals last year, they are not a good team???? I'm sure they didn't play their best yesterday but does that mean they are a terrible team? Bergkamp it's great that you step up and defend your team, but come on! Stats don't lie - and the stats say that you're blowing smoke.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L, it's because both our teams are old and they know it will be a slow, boring game. So they let us play each other last just to make sure nobody tries hard.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the heads up ZF. Hope you get to do more chirping on the field this year instead of the sideline. On that note, better tell your dad to keep his ttp account on hand....
Nope, still on the sideline - that's the nature of 2 knee surgeries. But it will be a battle in the local derby, and hopefully you don't freak out over a simple throw in haha. When I do get out there, I will teach you how to kick with both feet instead of just using your left. Maybe we'll work on finishing too so I don't have to read about how many sitters you missed. If only those were on your left foot you would've had them......

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, still on the sideline - that's the nature of 2 knee surgeries. But it will be a battle in the local derby, and hopefully you don't freak out over a simple throw in haha. When I do get out there, I will teach you how to kick with both feet instead of just using your left. Maybe we'll work on finishing too so I don't have to read about how many sitters you missed. If only those were on your left foot you would've had them......
You can have all of that. I tip my cap to you, anyone who loves to play footy and has to go through knee surgery(s) deserves a fair shake.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 5-2 Milan
Tight game with both sides not giving up much ground. Up 2-1 at half. Played well in second half, and props to Milan for working hard and getting one back. We had some nice plays and amazing finishes today. Clean game as well.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0