Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, it's been really quiet on the ol' Div. 1 thread of late, so in an attempt to get things going again for the new year, here's my picks for this weekend. Weather dependant of course.

In Div. 1A

Deep Cove Royals v. Richmond Utd. “A”
Deep Cove is making a real push for promotion and, playing on their home pitch, should win this one. I heard a rumour that City was out of town though. Can Richmond turn the corner and get things on track for the rest of the season or are they heading in the wrong direction fast?

DCR 3 Richmond 1

Peg-Olys v. Sikh Temple “A”
The winner of this one should take themselves clear of the relegation zone for good. Not much hs been heard from the Olys boys this year save an occasional post when Fastshow eggs them on. I'll give this one to the Sikh's based on a greater number of posts on TTP. And the Christmas turkey won't affect the younger lads as much either.

Sikhs 1 Peg-Olys 0

Clan Alumni v. City FC “A”

The first of three games that shouldn't really be close. This one won't be.

Clan 5 City 0

Pt. Grey Rangers “A” v. Firefighters “A”

The second - Sigh. Realistically, we're hurting and we'll have to see who can play this weekend...
PGR Goodtimes with a 40 yard free kick to celebrate his lack of votes in the 'Most Irritating' Poll

FF 3 PGR 2

Pacific 96ers. v. Meralomas “A”

The Mermaids took a point off the 96ers last time. It shouldn't be close but I have a bad feeling about this. If the 96ers can keep 11 men on the pitch they'll dominate. If not, who knows. Meralomas are just irritating enough that they might get under the 96ers skins.

I don't really want either team to win but I don't want the Mermaids to get a point either so...

96ers 2 Meralomas 0

And, to be fair to all, I present Div 1B, about which I know very little. I'll probably do better here by just guessing.

AC Milan v. Hagar’s “A”
A win here and Hagar's hopes fly out the window. They didn't really want to go to premier anyway.

ACM 3 Hagars 0

Vancouver Olys “A” v. Shaheen SC
From the standings this one should be a walk. Apparently the Olys have one striker to watch. He'll score all three.

Olys 3 Shaheen 0

PCOV v. West. Union Polska

Que? My only tie 'cause I don't really have a clue.

PCOV 1 Polska 1

Norvan SC v. WFC Bimini’s

Norvan is really young, Bimini's isn't. Old age and treachery will take it.

Bimini's 2 Norvan 1

Lobbans “A” v. Norburn SC

My upset of the week. It also depends who shows up for Norburn. Oh well.

Norburn 1 - Lobbans 0

There you have it. Let the games begin. And, if no one starts posting in the Div. 1 threads, I'll turn PGR Goodtimes loose to start something.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk this division has suddenly gone tits up in terms of TTP banter... don't tell me everyone has given up like RUFC?

:rolleyes:

~TB.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Idiots are just still drunk from New Years

Regs,

RUFC hasn't gone anywhere but it has been hard to look at a computer whilst being drunk (except maybe for the captain). The Idiots will return to full voice next weekend after a solid effort against DCR.

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikhs vs Peg

Nemesis had a chance to take in the Sikh - Peg match this afternoon. It seems the past description of the Sikh's is quite accurate: fast, skilled, fit, good defensively but absolutely god- awful finishing. The final tally was 3-1 Sikhs however, based on my count, the score did not reflect the play. The Sikhs should have scored 6 more goals. Nonetheless fun to watch.

A word of wisdom to the Peg lads: "easy on the turkey next year!"

Nemesis

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighters 1 PGR 1

They got one early and we tied it up before half. There were a couple breakaways that we missed and a couple of goalmouth scrambles that the firemen could have capitalized.

All in all, they were pissed and we were happy with the point 'cause we really needed it. Especially as we only let in 1.:)

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey That's great for Point Grey Rangers they must have had a good game against FF, unfortunately they didn't become even with the mighty Lomas on this day as the Lomas tied the 96ers
1-1. Great game, but I'll let Dazza give the write up.

Anyways, LOMAS 1 - 96ERS 1

Cheers lawts:D

P.s. Deep Cove owes us some beers

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR/RU

DCR 1-RU-0

Excellent game. Now it seems the ball is in DCR court, just tried to call a cell in the change room, no answer. Probably already heard.Things willget real interesting in the next couple of weeks?

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bully for you

congrats lawts:

a very impressive tie indeed. let's all become connoisseurs of ties, shall we?;)

max

S

sonic

ODE TO THE PACIFIC 96'ers

I get high everyday
I get drunk every night
Nothing ever goes my way
And my future ain't that bright

I ain't got money
I got no job to go to
I ain't got a honey
I got no-one to be close to

I never leave home
Ain't got anywhere to go
I sit here all alone
And pick the scab on my toe

I got nothing but bad luck
I proved it again the TODAY
You know your life really sucks
When a sure thing doesn't go your way

THE PARTY IS OVER!!!

:mad:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys all yap that div 1 a. is the better side but fcuk the 96ers vs Lomas game was brutal. They looked like div. 2 . How in the hell the 96ers couldn't beat the other team was a shock. They did look like they were missing some of their stars, maybe still in rehab. Our squad would easily make a run for promotion in side a, no problem.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't joke Apprentice you guys were nothing. The Hagar's team you played had an average age of High 30's and the combined height and weight of the 2 goal keepers playing was about 10'10" tall and 550 pounds. You guys had some good players don't get me wrong, however you are not clan standard, not by a long shot.

Cheers Lawts

LawtswhohopesApprenticewillmeetateamfromdiv1ainimperialcupplay

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dcr 1 - 0 RUFC

Well I guess the lads in the Cove have to be feeling pretty good this morning............what with having first place all to thereselves now!

As for the game yesterday it was a pretty good, hard faught battle! Plenty of yap from both sides and a fair share of HOLY shite TACKLES! The goal that (Roddy I think) scored was excellent.

Congrats to both PGR and the Lomas for there surprising results!

Cheers,

John

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas vs 96ers

Apprentice, I guess you'll never know how your team would fare on 'the good side of div 1'. All I can say is that our team could not be beaten by a bunch of glassy eyed, classless, headbutting headcases.

I have to admit that the second half was not pretty - we really held on, but the strike that drew us even before the half was one of the best I've seen this year (oh, I guess you didn't see that one, though). I thought that we played 96rs quite well in the first half, hitting them with the counter-attack, and pressuring their defence. Our back line was strong, and of course lucky at times. Ivor still has skill but I could hear him huffing and puffing, sounding like a beached whale whenever he returned to his backline position after one of his offensive forays.

Sonic, very nicely crafted poetry. Strikes a very sad chord, and almost made me shed a tear for 96ers. Then I realized what a bunch of wankers they are.

Doesn't get any easier for the 'Lomas as we play this week's table toppers, DCR, at the Fortress - McBride.

Mehmet.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lawts,

I hope we get a chance to play a team from side A. sometime this year. And I pray to God it is your team.

If deep cove is the top team in your side I don't think you can tell us that our team would not fair well. We played deep cove two or three times last year and I think the results were pretty even. Sure they might have added some players but Our team has also improved with some good signings. I have only watched parts of one side A game, and that was yesterday. You guys were fcukin horrible, maybe it was a bad game , but the soccer was brutal. Atleast the 96ers had some skill and were stringing passes together, your team just booted the ball up and down, and were struggling to save a point.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apprentice:

careful, the mermaids are a fragile bunch who resort to pep talks and pre game chalk talks. the boot and run is their go to move, usually reserved for minutes 1 through 90.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boot and Run

Yeah, that's right.

BOOT the ball to your teammate, RUN into the open space, BOOT the ball back to him, put the ball into the net. BOOT the ball out of the 'Lomas opponent's net.

All 90 minutes.

Chalk talks serve only to refine the above for us.

That's 'Lomas football.

OK, so we've only done this 12 times this year, but we're getting better at it.

Bandcamp, do you play for DCR?

Mehmet.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal

Apprentice,

We actually thought your game looked a piss-poor standard as we managed to get a glimpse of it at half-time, due to your late kick-off.

The A side of the Division is definitely stronger.

Lomas battled well on Sunday and knocked the ball about pretty well in spells, considering our chalk talk was all around stifling 96ers, which worked well.

We will have to emphasize passing a lot more coming down the stretch though. Running and tackling will stifle teams if done right, but will not win games alone. There definitley needs to be some more passing to our game plan.

dazwhoislookingforwardtothefinalfourgamesforthelomas:D

G

Goodtimes

Dazza, you dumb twat. Lets be honest, you and the rest of your mermaid friends are brutal. The "Lomas" are a "sad sack" team.

1) the worst jerseys in the league
2) the least amount of talent
3) have the likes of "Flounder" and "Pipsqueak" to play with
4) The worst thing, is that you actually all want to be "Lomas"...sickos!

Dazza/Mehmet, you guys dont need to inform the rest of the TTPers about the things you need to do better on the field or what you need to work on...we all already know.

Here is a little advice from you fellow PGR opponents on ways to improve your game:

1) Get "Pipsqueak" some high heeled soccer boots. For gods sake, the league should implement a height restriction. There are many of us around the league that are afraid to tackle the "little" guy. You almost want to give him a hug, rub his belly or give him a noogie, rather than run into him. Unless the Loma cause is to look out for the 'Little People', I suggest you register "Pipsqeak" in swimming lessons or something.

2) Get "Flounder" a sail. That way, as he runs, or as people run by him, at least the sail will take majority of the impact from the passing wind and prevent him from falling over.

3) Stop recruiting your players from Frat houses at the local universities. I fully realize that "Frat guys" like watching other guys run around the pitch, but for the rest of us with girlfriends and wives, it doesnt do anything for us.

4) Purchase a set of jerseys that dont resemble oversized (or in the case of Pipsqueak, undersized) pumpkins.

5) The rumour around the league, is that the Lomas run an incestual soccer club. The rest of the teams are concerned about shaking hands with you guys after the games. You guys could use some hygene tips.

Just some friendly and constructive tips for you guys to work on for next year in Div 2.

The lomas.......twats all around.

PGR Goodtimes

PS. By the way, Bandcamp is a Loma. You dumb twats just dont know who he is. A typical Frat house, everyone pays to hang out and wants to get their monies worth, but when something else better comes along, they fcuk you over. Play safe boys.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!

Phew!

You must have been saving things up for a while, PGRGoodtimes. I'm glad you got that off your chest.

It appears that you have some free time at work.

Mehmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0