Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 11 predictions.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean...

...if we're not too careful, that win may come against a team that is presently doing well in Div 3 and looking to get promoted to Div. 2...if you get my drift;). Its gonna be a fight to the finish( both top and bottom)and I'm relishing it. Peg next week for us. They pulled a rabbit out of the hat this weekend and all credit to 'em. At least we've got them at Fort Mcbride this week!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too Gaffa

Gaffa,

I'm relishing the challenge coming down the stretch here too.

Frustrating as it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the battle on Saturday. Nothing beats being in a game like that where your season is on the line and so is your opponents'.

Seven games left and every one of them monsterous!

I hope the rest of our lads are up for it as much as you and I.

Daz

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fighting Spirit

Gaffa, Dazza

1 point is better than none and is a steal and are Crucial points against top of the 1st, premier bound , but you certainly are taking an interesting route for survival. More Shooting practice maybe.;) Send your defenders and keeper as strikers;)

hedKandi

youdon'tneedrabbitsyouneedwins:D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg/Olys - 1 v. RUFC - 0

John & Lean,

I think it is important that the Peg/Olys side of the game be in print.

I agree that the majority of the second half was in our half, but the first half was a different story. Contrary to what both of you note, we had a number of good quality chances in the first half. If we are looking at what I consider "quality", I think they were fairly even. Your best chance was a header from about 6 yards out that Big Mario stopped the initial shot and a defender cleared the ball off the line. I would not consider shots from 25 yards out against Mario to be "quality". We had a couple crosses and chances from in close that could have been put away, but we were guilty of RUFC style finishing. It was obvious that Jim Easton's skill was a step above RUFC marking, even though he was playing with a pulled muscle in his calf. He created our first goal and also created other opportunities in the first half.

The second half was a different story, but I still disagree with your comments of "12 - 15 glorious chances". Once again, shooting on Big Mario from outside the box and launching the majority wide or high is not what I consider a chance. You had one excellent chance where an RUFC lad pounced on a rebound from Mario and knocked it along the goal line. There were a few other average chances. Our style of play changed to defensive in the second due to the fact we only had one healthy sub and 4 player taking up their position on the sideline doing their best imitation of Animal. Throughout the whole game it was not our style to run and chase the ball down. It was to allow the play to develop and have strong tight marking. This was effective in our first game v. RUFC and felt with our numbers and health, that it was the best strategy playing on a field like Kilmer.

RUFC big mistake was to put Paddy right up front. It was a lot easier to mark him when he was up front and had to come back to get the ball. If he played wide on the flanks or in midfield and was allowed to run at us, his speed and skill would have been better utilized. He is a quality player, but his striking partners offered him no support.

Peg/Olys are starting to get a little bit healthier and this was a big win for us. Our defensive play is not a concern. We are solid as a unit back there and adapt well to the team we are matched up with. Offensively, we are struggling, but this should change with a few bodies returning to the lineup.

Looking forward to the game against the Lamas this week. I'm sure Fastshow will be ordering up his link to this match via SkySports. Very similar to someone like Gino Odjick watching a game between the Canucks v. Islanders. Ties to both teams and torn as to whom he should cheer for. I trust he will have on his authentic signed Dazza jersey.

JR

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always 2 ways

Jags,

There is always two ways to look at things, but even you have to admit that we pissed all over you guys for 95 percent of the game. Maybe you were to busy chasing the ball down the hill, after your team booted off the park, to realize that you were getting your head handed to you. I have one question for you, does anyone on your team like playing with 11 men in your 18 yard box? Because I can't imagine any fans enjoying that:confused:

Iamjustbitteraboutlosingandcan'tdealwiththepain

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Jags. Good to hear a Peg perspective on the match.

The field suited you lot to a tee It was tiny. I think that's the only field in the VMSL that makes King George #3 look big. Once we entered your third of the park there was just no room left to play. Had we played you at Kinsmen, I think we'd have seen a different result (not sour grapes, just my opinion). In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think you lads might have hand picked that park yourselves. ;) You packed your box and we didnt pentrate.

Any way you slice it, I don't think there's much doubt that we outplayed you. However, as I'm sure we all know, playing well in this division means nothing .... winning games means everything.

You won, we lost. End of story.

Willy McGutted

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy......

That should just about sum up that conversation! We know we're you're coming from;) !

Hard Ballz

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz and Willy, if there is one team that understands it has got to be the poor Lomas with 6 tie and no wins. :( :( :(
It's been a sad year in Lomaland. Hopefully that will change when/if/if ever we get that first darn win.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chasing the ball down the hill

Aunt Jinky,

Sorry the post was not funny. I must try harder. With the match against the Lamas this weekend and Dazza playing for them, I trust that Fastshow will pick up the pace on the humour. Maybe Dickens_cider can add a little spice to the thread.

Lean - I understand the bitterness you have about the result. Your comment about packing the box with 11 players is completely wrong. We only had 10 in the box. Jim Easton was in too much pain to come back over the center strip. Also, I don't think anyone on Pegs would be tired from chasing the ball down the hill after WE kicked it out. I leave that to your squad to chase the balls. Maybe that is why Paddy was ineffective - too busy doing fitness training on the hills at Kilmer.

Willy Mc - I agree with the majority of your comments with the exception of hand picking the park. Unknown to us why Kinsmen was unavailable. However, we have been very successful at Kilmer in the last two years. Three games and three victories (RUFC, Clan & 96'ers)
Also, please refrain from comments like "You packed your box and we didnt pentrate." My wife would be a little upset at that. I'm not allowed anywhere near the box - it comes with the marriage certificate.

JR

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aunt Jinky

I disagree with your take on Jags' post. I think the fact that Dazza still plays soccer is VERY funny.

stillwonderingwhatitisliketobehitbyamayonaisetruck.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kicking the balls down the hill................

You guys might see some of the Sikh family hanging around at your next game at Kilmer at the bottom of the hill. Do not give us any ideas where we can get game balls :D ! Lawts, I'm pretty surprised you guys don't have a win........perhaps Peg????????
My personal opinion is that City should drop. What was the outcome for the relegation process????????

Hard Ballz:D

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz perhaps Peg if we can get one by big Mario. The final word on relegation was the 9th place teams on both side either face off or it is decided on most points, to be completly honest we know shite. It doesn't really matter the Lomas don't intend on being in that 9th spot, PGR will hold that lovely position. :D

Lawtsmakinghismagnificantreturnafterhisredcardthisweekendmorethanlikelywithdiv2catbewareiambackwithavengance:mad:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz:

excellent stuff. i have a great visual of a bunch of sikhs waiting at the bottom of the hill and having a field day stealing balls.

lawts:

0 wins = relegation
learn to live with it

G

Goodtimes

Lawts,

I would like to re-iterate Bandcamps last statement......

0 wins = relegation

Live with it, deal with it, and focus on getting in the "win" column next year...... in division 2a.

PGR Goodtimes!

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR Goodtimes the wins will hopefully come. I'm not promising anything this weekend, but it could happen if we play a solid game. However what I'd really like to do is give you PGRers a good butt kickin' like we should have last time.:D Let's face it, it looks like the 9th spot will be dicided in that game, it should be called the battle at the bottom. Sad really both our seasons started so well.

Itdoesn'treallymatterside1Awillbeattheclubfromside1Bintheplayoff:)

Lawts

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp a tie against FF. We were newly promoted and they just got relegated so it was a good result. We tied 3 of our 4 first games which seemed alright at the time because everyone else was doing the same. PG had I believe 6 or 7 points after 4 games and sat at the top of the table. For two newly promoted teams it wasn't a bad start.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lawts,
The wins won't "hopefully" come - they will come. This season.

PGR Goodtimes,
Let me remind you of something:

0 PGR wins from here on in = relegation.

Think about the mathematics of it. Mind boggling stuff.

Don't forget - you guys need to win a game too. Again, we'll see where the teams finish at the END of the season.

I still consider you the pre-eminent dumb-fcuk on TTP!

Mehmet.

G

Goodtimes

ahhhh Mehmet, always a man of such wisdom and emotional posts.

By the way, the rumour around the TTP community and the VMSL, is that you are the pre-eminent twat.....can anybody confirm that rumour for me?

Unfortunately for you Mehmet, the other rumour floating around is that your teammates dont think much of you either.......

Lawts, I do agree with your comment. When you look at it that way, I guess we did have a great start to the season. Hopefully we will have a great end as well.

Plan A: was to start strong, play well throughout and pour on the pressure at the end.

but we will have to settle with Plan B.

Plan B: Start stong, suck in the middle and compete hard at the end.

PGR Goodtimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0