Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 11 predictions.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Kurgan was supposed to start this thread but here goes...........It's been a great year and we're into the second half so here go my predictions for week 11...........

Peg. 0-2 RUFC ( Peg. is just struggling )

City 1-2 Lomas ( Lomas first win! )

Clan 3-0 DCR ( Clan is too strong and will win div.1a )

F.F 1-1 S.T ( It will be a defensive game with no finishing )

PGR 0-4 96ers ( Hoping for an upset......it is possible! )

This should decide the Firefighters fate and DCR's aswell to make a run at premier. Good luck to all the teams.........depending on the rain, games may be cancelled.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks HB!

I thought that there might be rain-outs this weekend and I didn't want to use up my quota of new threads for the year.;)

Peg. 0-2 RUFC ( I agree with HB)

City 1-2 Lomas ( Lomas first win!, Sigh it had to come eventually... )

Clan 3-0 DCR ( My game of the week. Clan is good but still needs someone to take points off 96-ers... 2-1 Clan over a surprisingly strong DCR team whose lost points will haunt them)

F.F 1-1 S.T ( 0-0: Lots of play around the back and through the sweepers but lacking in finishing. Sikhs might surprise if they can take advantage of the lack of animal)

PGR 0-4 96ers ( 'Hoping for an upset'......it is possible! - me too :( )

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion

I think your onto something here Kurgan If I can latch onto other teams, chance of promotion is far Greater.

Just herd from Willy RUFC is outta the hunt as loss of Animal:p has proven to great and they just lost to Peg 1-0.

Animal

animaljusttakingashotattheteambecausenotbeingtheretohelpiskillinghim:(

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1- City FC 1

Not a pretty one, 2 div at best. The Lomas started extremely flat and got down early on a wild deflection from a CityFC shot. The game wouldn't have even been salvageable except for the stellar play of the gaffa saving 3-4 clear cut city scoring chances and a funny bounce to boot! (game MVP by a long shot)

Nice goal from the youngster up front - Luc.

HeadingoftothecanucksgametoseeifLindenhasstillgotit.

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR Clan

DCR 0 Clan 0

The Clan are not a Team. Way to many superstars that play for themselves.

DCR should have won.

DCR is still in the hunt.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandy...

Frankly, we bearly even deserved that. We have a remarkable ability to 'almost' match the level of our opposition. Unbefcukinglievable.

0 wins, 5 losses and yes, count them....6 friggin draws.

Crap. Utter crap.

And Sue didn't come out to watch:mad: :confused:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC vs Peg

RUFC 0 - 1 Peg

Rufc officially are out of the hunt.................unless everyonelse shits the bed!

We absolutely did everything but score today and they scored on one scramble and then hung on for the final whistle!

At the end we deserved our fate. Our inability to convert possesion and chances came back to haunt us.

Congrats to DCR in getting a point! Just makes the loss that much more difficult to take:mad:

~john~

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?

John,

Your team just wasn't good enough, was it? As much as you thought you had a chance, you lacked to ability to score goals, despite being able to stop most of the teams scoring. Right?

You guys have to re-vamp your youth system, if you're going to try and get to premier......

I know we are doing this, just to try and get ourselves up to first division with you guys.......

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops

Sorry Animal - I really haven't got a clue... duh.

Gaffa? I really thought you guys would do it this weekend:(

Oh well, lets hope the weekend upsets continue!

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow

Bandcamp, unfortunately I don't have all the answers?! Just hoping to get off the injured reserve list for now - definitely painful to watch these past games from the sidelines......

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The scoreline you've all been waiting for

96ers 3 PGR 1

Not a bad showing really. We even managed to score first on a little flick past the keeper. Of course it took the 96ers about 30 seconds to even it up on a nice cross. Half time was 2-1 and if we had finished on 2 clear cut breakaways we might have tied it up. About 8 min. from the end, the 96ers counterd with a third to put it away.

Man of the match had to go to the 96ers keper who stoned us on five or six great chances.

And yes, they had most of their players. So there.

:)

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gaffa is on fire!!

Gaffa,

The only thing that I can say about yesterday is that you were absolutely on fire! Unbelievable stuff.

Where the marking was at the back for the three or four one-on-one chances Shitty F.C. had in the second half I'll never know, but well done.

Two or three notches up from standing on your head!

Daz

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sliding fast...

FF 2 Sikhs 1

Sikhs had most of the play and chances in this one but as usual found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A missed 1st half PK was the culprit today. FF scored the winner on a PK of their own, which, of course, was a very questionable call:D Peter on FF had to be the man of the match. He scored both of their goals, one which he absolutely crushed from about 30 yards out into the top corner. Overall, a good effort by both teams in a hard fought, cleanly played game.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful to Watch

RUFC 0 - Peg 1

A game that was devistating to our chance of promotion. John's match report doesn't do justice to the pain witnessed at Kilmer park on saturday. Imagine this..... 89mins of pissing all over Peg and 1 goal mouth scramble against and low and behold a 1 - 0 loss. They only left there half 3 times in the second half. We had 12 to 15 glorious chances and nothing to show for it. As the final whistle blew we knew our season was over and the pain of another year gone came crashing down. It seems to be the RUFC way though - our inability to finish even a small percentage of chances killed us!!!

Very dissapointed but still very proud to be part of a great club.

Lean

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC....

Whilst I understand your dissapointment with the loss on the weekend I don't believe that you lads should be chucking in the towel so easily. Fcuk that...pick yourselves up, dust yourselves down and come out on fire. If you won the rest of your games you wouldn't be far off...Its a stretch, maybe...but rather that than just giving up with 7/8 games to go. Like I said if you took max points from the remaining games you'd be in the hunt I reckon. You reckon your good enough, and I think you are...so go and do it.......

At least you've you tasted the sweet taste of victory a few times:rolleyes:

6****ingdrawsgaffa:mad:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point well taken

Gaffa,

Don't get me wrong, we will be there every game ready to go. We are a club that comes to play every game and tries to win...but with the strength of the division it will take an amazing combination of wins and losses for us to be promoted. I will be looking forward to some classic battles down the stretch and will be gearing up for a solid run in the cup.

On another note;)

When are you lot going to break the ice and get that first Win:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0