Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SAP 0 - SU 1

Hleuka with a beautiful glancing header with Woody all over him. Just one of those things; but don't worry everybody, that was one in a mil!;)
KNVB spot on with the call on the game. Breure with a spectacular save in the 2nd half off a header on a counter attack.
Although Sap lost, I thought we played well and have something to build on.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm kinda hoping no transfer form was signed.... would love to see what happens!!!

Well said Darks....

As for our game. We were up 2:0.... Inter had a run of 10 min where they were all over us..... Wish we could of called a time out like in basketball. Inter scores 2. We had a chance in the final minutes of a corner, but the header just goes over the bar.

Hard earned point, and a good start to the 2006/2007 season....

Next weekend: The ital's again... Columbus and company....

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darko...great post

I hear that there was no transfer form signed....also..i have heard that the majority (between 5 to 10 players) of AFC players are getting paid very decent money to play including signing bonuses, money for goals, appearnaces and also money for going to training (WTF)...the management of AFC are working very hard to stay under the salary cap :)

Not sure about the rest of you but I can't wait to play AFC.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
99% of us where thinking it I'm just glad Darko drank enough to say it. Someone with a bigger mouth than me really take the preasure off... Put a round of pints on Smiley's tab from me, Darko, you deserve it.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Breaker said:
Darko...great post

I hear that there was no transfer form signed....also..i have heard that the majority (between 5 to 10 players) of AFC players are getting paid very decent money to play including signing bonuses, money for goals, appearnaces and also money for going to training (WTF)...the management of AFC are working very hard to stay under the salary cap :)

Not sure about the rest of you but I can't wait to play AFC.

Look for them to be dishing out even more once the Whitecaps season is over. Diaz Kambere was persuaded to transfer after signing with Temple and Stefan Leslie should also be joining him as well. Looks to be an expensive year and who knows who else they are working on.

BTW I saw at the AFC/Temple game, AFC had a tent set up with AFC gear for sale, I guess they need to make some money back somehow.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
99% of us where thinking it I'm just glad Darko drank enough to say it. Someone with a bigger mouth than me really take the preasure off... Put a round of pints on Smiley's tab from me, Darko, you deserve it.

don't need a buzz to speak the truth. besides...our night ended before i could even get a good buzz goin. not normally home before midnight.

it sucks when you see good people, and good players making stupid decisions!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares if these guys take the money, the team that is paying them won't be around come Cup time in May anyway. Look at all the teams in the past few years that were "paying" some of the top players to play, have any of them won a Cup or the League, no, because they are not a real team, just someone trying to put together a bunch of All-stars. Westside never paid a player (other than a pair of Rino's ten pound boots) to win all its Cups or Peg and all those Super Stars, all they got was VIP to the Roxy on Sunday Nights.

So if Indo or Temple or AFC or Polska want to pay guys, let them, these players they pay are the ones that don't show up when the weather gets cold and the play gets a little rough.

I heard that Croatia is paying Smiles!

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC is not "paying" anyone. Sure there are some player boots being purchased by the club, and "jobs" are available if guys need them, and just like old Peg, instead of VIP treatment at the Roxy, it's now Brandys VIP treatment with a smile!

I recall in the early 90s some players at Club I getting "paid" for coming to games and practise - cab money for transportation. Boots have been bought for players by all teams, including Sapp back in the 90s. We've all helped guys get cuishy jobs - I've hired 6 or 7 guys over the years. Free drinks after the game equating to $10 - $20 each for a few players is common place.

So all this "paying players" stuff is nonsense. It just looks like AFC is paying players because the rewards for them are so great: a hot-box with Grif and the boys was always a huge bonus for those guys. Add the expensive baking soda concoction and whoa, that's big money!

jackturner

Feb 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob,

you've spoken nothing but the truth most you guys have been around the league long enough to know that most of the teams help players one way or the other, whether you make them boots or take them for a drink its a form of reward.Assumption is the mother of all f****ups.Why assume if you dont know?

well spoken (whataboutbob)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Who cares if these guys take the money,

I heard that Croatia is paying Smiles!

hos

Well didn't Croatia buy over $6000 off of Smiles' athletic company? Thats like paying Smiles over $2000 for the season. More than $100 a game! Someone call Azzi quick!:rolleyes: :) ;)

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs Indo was indeed a great game and a heated affair. Temple was down to 10 men only 30 mins in. The combined yellows were questionable, 1st yellow seemed a bit soft and the 2nd could be argued to be shy of another yellow making a red Indo player seemed to embelish it. Anyway Prior to the red Indo held the majority of the play, but the red seemed to spark Temple, as Indo seemed to sit back and Temple created more chances. Zico missed a sitter from a few yads out in the 2nd half with Indo's goalie still on the other side of the net. Sidelines as usual were packed, I can;t wait to see the rematch later on in the season

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple-Indo

Its a shame when a good evening of footy is tarnished by the selfish acts of some. This goes out to the rather pear-like lad in the lime sweatshirt who screamed insults at the Temple boys as he drove out of the parking lot in his cancer-ridden Ford Tempo. First and foremost, the rent on your trailer is overdue you fat fcuk and as your luck would have it, Jenny Craig has a promotion this month that has your name written all over it.

El Jefe

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple/Indo game was a tale of two halvles. In my mind, two yellows were appropriate and deservedly given. That being said, the red seem to spark the temple boys as Indo (why are they called Indo anyways? The only Indo players that did play were Didar and Karm...they should change it to just Akal....anyhow, that's not my business)...as I was saying, Akal seemed to carry the play for the first 30 minutes and were unlucky not to pot one or two goals. As usual, the Akal defence was solid and I thought they moved the ball around pretty well, but they seemed to get tired, except for the workhorse Billy. These guys will grind out some points this year with a solid defence but need to find some more goal scoring punch.

I've said it last week and I am going to say it again, Temple's middle of the park was horrible. But that was only the case until the red and moved someone else into the middle. That seemed to start the creativity flowing on the temple side. They really are fast and skilled...and even with 10 men for 60 minutes, they were really moving the ball around well. I guess the red will force Temple to change things up in the middle next week. I really do believe that if temple can sort out their midfield, they are going to be dangerous this year. I was told that the two original guys in the middle were the coach's sons...hmmm...now I know why it wasn't changed after the first game.

Oh, and Zico playing midfield? Come on coach, give your head a shake! Luckily that didn't last too long.

All in all, it was a fair result for both teams. Great game to watch, lots of intensity and fan support on both sides.

Oh yea...anyone know who the guy in the lime green shirt was? I know he was warming up with Akal before the game.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - MF 1

Great game last night under the lights. Many players on both teams know each other very well however there the intensity in the match was superb and once the game started there were no friends. Inter started off the game up 1 with Kevin C scoring. Inter continued to take the game in the first half to MF but were unlucky not to finish another one as MF keeper made a great save off Kevin C.

In the second half, MF began applying a bit more pressure and were able to score with about 10 minutes left to play.

All in all..we are not happy with the result but the performance and intensity was very good....plus myself getting three stiches thanks to Fletcher's elbow was a great way to end a Friday night.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INDO/AKAL 0 TEMPLE 0

The guys have summed up the game pretty well. We should have taken advantage of some glorious early chances, in the end that was the difference....missed opportunities. We should have utilized the extra player better....oh well, with 2 intra-division games played already we have 2 out of a possible 12 points (if you consider them to be 6 pointers)

BC Champs next week.

Gilly

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1 - Firemen 0

Ugly ugly game, Firemen were unlucky not go up 1 or 2 before half as we looked like we had been out the night before. Matt O. flicked a header past Tesh who played well for the firemen. On to Surrey next week, a Heluka kick fest hopefully:knvb:.

Gomesy_jr or Gomesy16 will give you more of a detailed report I am sure.

Cheers
JB

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those guys complaining about people getting paid/.......relax just cause your old and no one wants you......teams have been paying players for years nothing new. Have moan or go get a better paying job, don't be so envious. Weavers thanks for those boots in the 90's we'll see you in October ........Come on the Callies!

P.S. Seems like everyone has a suitcase in vancouver everyone seems to be playing everywhere..hmmm was not too long ago people where saying i was a suitcase player .. how things change. Hipocrits

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a grip, larrson. Seriously. The only teams that have truly been successful for the most part have had solid youth systems under them and have done it the "right way." Paying this guy or that guy has NEVER worked. Avoid relegation or maybe gain promotion, sure, but for at least the last 10 years those sides paying guys always seem to fizzle out when it really matters.

Surrey 2 Trollups 0

We had a brutal first half playing for the most part W. Vans game, but the second was all us. We scored about a minute into the second and again 10 minutes later. The life seemed to be sucked out of the Trollups after the first. Finishing lacked big time late or this one could have been 4 or 5 buzz.

Sporting next week and hopefully a JB kick fest, the ugly bastage has been asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0