Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke at Adanac. Granted there was rain, granted it was cold, granted Sapp did not do as well as they hoped at Nationals, granted they were missing players but I have never seen a team run to the ref to ensure the game got cancelled due to rain. They bolted from the field and were running off to the dressing room before we were even told that the game was off. They ran so fast that if they played at the speed they bolted to the changing room, it would have been a great game. I agree that there was some water but honestly it was not that bad and Adanac has seen much worse. If this is the case, then forget about playing at Adanac for the rest of the season.

Ruben was at the game and basically indicated that he would have played the game.

How is it that our game is cancelled yet Div 2 on the field next to us (which is a worse field to play on) is on????????

I respect Sapp as a team but today honestly a bit of that respect was lost. Their players were trying to justify that it was the water that they were concerned about. I have played Sapp a number of times over the years and they love this weather as they are one of the hardest working teams. Obviously it was not the field...they were missing guys and wanted this game off from the start.

On to WestVan next week

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To suggest Sapp had the game cancelled is a complete joke. I wish had that sort of influence over the referees and the league. Going up to the changing room immediately after the ref cancelled the game is pretty understandable when it's pissing rain.

I know this though, over the last few years, referees have been cancelling games a lot easier for just a little bit of standing water. But if Paul Ward wanted that game to go on he would have.

So ankle break, don't say I was in the refs face asking him to cancel the game. I asked him if it is this playable. I never said it was not, but I was pretty certain that the standing water at the one end was going to be an issue. I've seen games cancelled at this level for a lot less.

Believe me, the field would have suited us on the day for we were missing a lot of starters. But wouldn't such a celebrated and respected team like Inter rather play Sapp with all their players healthy as a challenge to themselves, or would you rather play an undermanned and tired team. I think a great organization like Inter, and all its super players, would prefer their competition at their best. But don't you worry, you'll get your chance at Sapp down the road.

BTW, what is with the rip about the Nationals? What the fcuk does that have to do with the game today. It's basically a cheap shot at Sapp and one I really didn't think was neccessary in your rant.

Geez, I wonder how much respect we'll lose when we're snowed out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, Sapp should just come play in the Valley... No rain outs on our lush parks... Well except for Poco and Langley, their turf pitches drain like Adnac!!!:rolleyes:

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

First off regarding the "cheap" shot about Nationals. It is not a cheap shot and is not intended to be a cheap shot. It is just a fact that BC did not do as well as expected considering we had two teams in the Nationals and both teams did not get out of the group stage. My point in the previous post was that you had just played 5 games at Nationals and were probably not up to playing yesterday and therefore wanted to call the game off.

Yes you guys obviously did not have everyone yesterday but to bitch to Paul regarding how bad the pitch was (when WAB you know Adanac has been much worse) was the thing that pissed our team off. We did not make the schedule so if you had an issue playing after Nationals, you should have discussed that with Azzi. Also, why is it that Div 2 is allowed to play on a worse field and our game got cancelled. Should there not be consistency between ref's?

I heard that one of your players took off so fast after the game that he got into a fender bender on Boundary. Is that true :)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard WAB took off so fast he actually exceeded the speed of light and is now younger than he was before the game.

I heard one of their players took off so fast he made KNVB's lovemaking skills look like one of Sting's tantric sex sessions in comparison.

I heard one of their players took off so fast he ran straight across the pool of standing water on the field in the division 2 game.

This is fun, who else wants to try.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To get the fcuk off the field before Paul Ward changed his mind?

To get the hell out of Dodge before anyone noticed they only had five players dressed for the match?

'Cause they were too chicken to play the game?

Tell me now, goddamnit!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To get to the other side...and to avoid getting pumped by the superlative ICSF Inter who I'm sure were just as thrilled at the possibilities of playing on a water logged pitch being the hard core hard men they all seem to be on TTP (deep breath) a week after the Nationals and because WAB is a cross-dressing hermaphrodite with nasty case of BO, of course.

I would have thought it was all rather obvious…

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Breaker said:
My point in the previous post was that you had just played 5 games at Nationals and were probably not up to playing yesterday and therefore wanted to call the game off.
Ya, we were beat up. So we caught a break and an extra week to rest.

Ankle Breaker said:
Yes you guys obviously did not have everyone yesterday but to bitch to Paul regarding how bad the pitch was (when WAB you know Adanac has been much worse) was the thing that pissed our team off.
I never once bitched at Paul. I did ask if it was playable. That's all. BTW, what pissed you guys off the most was, not only couldn't you show off those brilliant all-white unis, but you also had to wash them even though you didn't play.

Ankle Breaker said:
We did not make the schedule so if you had an issue playing after Nationals, you should have discussed that with Azzi. Also, why is it that Div 2 is allowed to play on a worse field and our game got cancelled. Should there not be consistency between ref's?
We'll play the schedule, I never complained about playing our league games. That's the way it's always been. As for the div 2ers. Muckers get the muck and they just destroyed that field.

Ankle Breaker said:
I heard that one of your players took off so fast after the game that he got into a fender bender on Boundary. Is that true :)
One of our guys was crossing the road with a cooler of pop, one car stopped for him, the other rear ended that car.:) :(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter really should be fined for the game not being played. Isn't it the responsibility of the home team to have the field properly prepared for a game?

This would have never happened at Queens Park.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stir...

That's because you have control of the field and can cancel the game the night before if you wanted...

Oops, was that my outside post?

;)

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Azzi's weekly report, did he attempt to take a shot at Sapp by saying

"Oddly, it was the only match to be postponed during the entire weekend!"

I am going to take a guess here and predict that Sapp's game this weekend will also be cancel and they will have no desire to change the game to Mercer or anywhere. Any bets on this prediction :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Breaker said:
I am going to take a guess here and predict that Sapp's game this weekend will also be cancel and they will have no desire to change the game to Mercer or anywhere. Any bets on this prediction :)
SU and MF always used to close their fields on a regular basis if they were short-manned. Why Inter wanted to do the same thing is beyond me.:rolleyes:

We might not play another game ALL season. We'll get together, whine to, er, convince the ref that the field is not playable. Go back to the dressing room, order pizza and drink beer all afternoon. We won the BCs and our last couple of games so we can go out winners.

Inter must be just stewwwwing right now. "Another 4 months before we make up that Sapp game!" It must feel like a loss to to the Inter boys right now. And isn't that victory enough for Sapp?;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Break
This weekend:

Adanac SE is closed (because the game last week ripped the shite out of it!)

Adanac SW is open (because the ref was smart enough to realize it wasn't playable!)

hmmmm......Reuben isn't so smart after all and Sapp, like a super hero, saved Adanac.:p

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be a sunny 16 degrees this weekend and a field is closed already??? Contrary to popular belief, it isn't the Valley that is full of muckers!!!;)

Sapp should just play out of the FVSL... I know SU can't wait to come back... At least none of our pitches will get ruined by Dapatayto's plonkers!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0