Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Oct 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Millar said:
Nice KNVB, imagine I'm the only one that pays for my pints, and I'm Scottish. The next time you need a ride home at 3 o'clock, remember to keep your wits about you, because I still have one arm free. Now, I've been a long time lurker on this site, and I have to say that I think Regs had a brilliant idea to get this site going. I never knew he had any brilliance in him. I've had many a chuckle on this site, even from that red headed Sedin look-a-like twat. But when you make a million posts, you're bound to be funny a couple of times. Just like his touch, that's why I'm happy I have a season with him, I'm bound to see one good one. And without this site, who would have known that Ballbaby had a sense of humour. The only glimpse of one from him before was the fact he still plays football. Although it's twisted to make us watch that, nevertheless it is sense of humour.
Like I said earlier, I've lurked here for quite a while, but the only time I felt the need to post was when Dom passed. Hence, I'm not using a nickname. However, I find myself posting twice this weekend to reply to a couple of posts.
Firstly, Johnny P. I've been this league for 17 full years, and gone up against Joe Billy, Wevers, Donald, and other hard nosed players, and if you ask them or you ask me, we'll
tell you that we've had many hard physical battles, but we've always known that we were going to be able to go to work the next day. And there was always some sort of respect there. And if anybody has played with me or reffed me, they have heard me say that on the park. We all have to be able to work the next day. Secondly, Senior, you come on this thread, and state so matter-of-factly that I've had the League office look after me. This is not to slag you or anything, I've been in this league going on my 18th year and have only had 3 red cards. My first red card coming when I was 19 for taking down a friend of mine on the other team, when I was last man back in an Imperial cup game. The second red card I received was for the regrettable incident with Graeme. The third red card being last season for a tackle against Sulentic that to this day I do not believe should have been called a foul. In my 18 years I've not once been suspended for too many yellow cards in one season and in fact I've only had 2 yellow cards in the last 4 years. One being Friday night. So, with 1 red card every six years, Senior please tell me where I would have needed help from the league. Just so you know, the only time I have known anybody on the panel for the hearings was for the red card I received against Surrey and that was the late Alec Bell. And by the way Johnny P. was not on my team when the Graeme incident occured. Like I stated earlier, before you come on here and post "facts" please know the facts. This is not intended as a shot at you, because truly I don't know you, just as you don't really know me. There is only one time in my career that I have regretted something I have physically done, and that is the Graeme incident. This is because although I didn't intend to hurt Graeme as I did, I did intentionally throw the elbow. In all the years we've played together Notty, I'm sure you would be hard pressed to think of any other situations. True? Now, Graeme and I have talked a few times, and he has accepted it as much as can be expected. So HOS let it go, because the only person that matters in that case is Graeme and he's moved on. There is no humour in bringing up that regrettable incident over and over. Sorry for such a long winded post, but when you share a dressing room with KNVB, or Ken Hodgey, or whatever his name is, you don't get a word in edgewise. He monopolizes the conversation there just like he does here on TTP.
Softhead, if I wanted The Shermanator to come on here and defend me I'd call you. Until then quit calling me and camping outside my house, you're freaking my family out. To Coach, Shamrock, and Ballbaby, thanks for the kind words in my defense, the incident on Friday night was not intentional. I believe you're right about my integrity towards the game, and I appreciate you guys going to bat for me.
Again, I send my sincerest best wishes to the number 9 from Metro Ford. I do hope you're doing alright. There was no intention to injure you.
Now, please get back to taking the piss and slagging KNVB., and giving some scores.
Millar nobody asked for your autobiography.While you were at it you might as well of recited War and Peace.How do you feel knowing that the Shermanator (that hurts Millar) is the only person who can make your misses look AND feel beautiful?
For the record I only camped outside Millars house once.Don't worry Stevie I will not step down as Pres. of Millar Nation.However this is your first warning.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
larsson said:
By the way weavers you still living in your dad's basement.

I glad its nothing like that one room shitehole halfway house you live in where you take your crack head teenage girls you were supposed to be helping get off crack and paying them to be your "friend".

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty said:
Also, get your facts straight...pulled myself with a bad knee.
:rolleyes:

Notty, You dont have a bad knee, your just bad...simple. It's not really a piss-take. Its the truth. Actually, your pretty good at lumping balls out of bounds, missing slide tackles, and moaning.You were horrible yesterday. You should have hung em up....let the Kids at Columbus play. Why dont you come back to Burnaby and teach some of us Div.1 guys how to kick a ball really really hard or head the ball super far. Plonker. :rolleyes:

Sincerely
Muppet

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think Notty's touch is that of an Elephant, you should see his ears. For Christ's sake Appy, Dumbo is 285 lbs bone dry- should he have the touch of a gazelle?

Some of the best reading this side of the FVSL Div. 2 threads. Keep it up boys...

Back to the Neanderthals for me; where's Walls? Bitch betta have ma money.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty, You dont have a bad knee, your just bad...simple. It's not really a piss-take. Its the truth. Actually, your pretty good at lumping balls out of bounds, missing slide tackles, and moaning.You were horrible yesterday. You should have hung em up....let the Kids at Columbus play. Why dont you come back to Burnaby and teach some of us Div.1 guys how to kick a ball really really hard or head the ball super far. Plonker.
Once again...another quick quip from a chap with no accolades except a few nonsensical posts in a thread dedicated to a division he shouldn't be in. Why didn't you just start by telling me that your daddy is bigger than my daddy?!?! Your opinion and football skills are respected as much as guppy ... Now shut your ginny trap and let the real footballers of this league get back to it. :rolleyes:

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to know if anyone out here had a number for Randy celebrini for physiotherapy. I heard he has left sportsmedbc and has started his own practice. need to rehab my knee. If anyone has a number for randy, it would be much apreciated.

just want to start playing soccer again.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great match at King George in Richmond between Indo/Akal and Metro Ford. Metro Ford scored 2 in the second half as it was 2-0 with 10 to go before I left. I'll leave it up to Gilly to explain the rest.

Hard Ballz

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 1 - Sapperton 1

Sapperton are very, very unlucky to be still undefeated after today's game. We dominated the play today and were robbed of the win in injury time off a goal-mouth scramble. We squandered way to many chances on the offensive end. Sapperton had maybe two shots on net the whole game and looked to be really disorganized , but they found a way to earn the point. It's unfortunate that we didnt get our first win of the year because we were definetly the better team today.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
, but they found a way to earn the point.

Teddy TA, thats the thing with the experienced teams, they always find a way to get a result, even if it is an ugly one on an off day. Sappperton to win Premier this year, Slurrey United are Assss.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are ass, you're right. Speaking of ass I'm glad to see you continually make one of yourself even in the FVSL. By the way, why has no one mentioned Millars giant one? It's been 6 posts someone should be talking about him or his ass by now.

I don't think a draw was out of the question yesterday considering the chances we had. 2 or 3 cleared off the line in one corner kick scramble alone. We had a fair chunk of the possession, dare I say 72.45%, but every time we got ourselves into good spots in their third we would turn it over and then off the c-bus would go. Our finish was dearly lacking too. One might even say it was ass.

Young Stephan is not only a jinky little bugger but now I know he has mad hops as well. It sounds itchy I know, but it's really a good thing. Nice goal.

On an ass related note I'm think Matt Mori now plays for Croatia. I wouldn't exactly know because he didn't say anything to us but the Croatians manager looked like the cat the swallowed the canary as he stood outside our change room yesterday morning.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I am the first to criticize Walks when he officiates games,especially the ones I don't see.He is the best referee in VMPL.He could certify himself for good by tossing a player with Millars status out of a big game.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 - Westside 0

Inter played well today and were fully deserving of the victory. Bunny with 2 goals and Kevin C with 1.

On to next week...

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford 3 Indo/Akal 0

Well another L in the loss column. Has anyone gone winless in an entire Premier season? :mad: All the signs are there of a result anyday, but none thus far.

As for the game, we again squandered some very good chances in the first half and as per the entire season, it came back to bite us in the ass. We deserved to be up at halftime, but it was 0-0. Metro Ford took advantage in the second half and took the play to us. They did not squander any of their chances and kept their undefeated streak in tact. This year's version of Metro Ford is young, fit and committed.

Onto Ollywood and the Trollers........

Gilly

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I glad its nothing like that one room shitehole halfway house you live in where you take your crack head teenage girls you were supposed to be helping get off crack and paying them to be your "friend".
posted by WAB - wow tell me how u really feel.

I must have hit a soft spot hey weavers. By the way does ur mom fold your laundry too.

On to other better things well done AFC to bounce back.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch, Sneds. That really hurts. Please don't chant the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song. That'll really push some buttons.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
Burnaby 1 - Sapperton 1

Sapperton are very, very unlucky to be still undefeated after today's game. We dominated the play today and were robbed of the win in injury time off a goal-mouth scramble. We squandered way to many chances on the offensive end. Sapperton had maybe two shots on net the whole game and looked to be really disorganized , but they found a way to earn the point. It's unfortunate that we didnt get our first win of the year because we were definetly the better team today.

True enough. We played our worst game in probably 5 years. It could have been 5 - 1.

But my biggest question is what is a hand ball these days? A ball is crossed on the ground and a Bby player tries to 1-time it. He mis-hits it and the ball hits him in his out-stretched hand. Is this a hand ball?

According to Paul Ward, the player didn't intentionally hand ball it. So no hand ball. But an intentional hand ball is a yellow card. Thus, according to Paul Ward, all hand balls are intentional. Thus all calls must come with a yellow (or red if it's in the box). WALKS, any comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0