Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Oct 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
October results here and please feel free to continue on bashing Millar too. He loves it...

Awsome stuff.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record not that it matters much but I believe the incident in question was an accident. There was nothing in the game to suggest otherwise. The kid was definitely run over, but the elbow was just part of the train wreck. It's like getting in a car accident bouncing off a pole then flying through the windshield and trying to blame the road for your injuries.

On the game... This years version of MF is the best I seen in probably 4 years. They're young, fit and never stop working, it doesn't hurt that the can play a little too. All in all after being down a goal it was a good point.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 Indo/Akal 1

IMO, a game we should have had. We outchanced Firemen, but were unlucky not to finish a few of our chances. A bounce here and there and it's our first victory....not to be though.

Firemen scored 2 quick goals near the end of the first half, after we had squandered many chances. 2nd half 1/2 of L.O.D. bags another :D , and we create lots of chances to equalize, but Animal did well and another in the loss column. We'll keep plugging away and sooner or later, hopefully sooner we'll turn it around.

Onto the mighty mighty Wolves.

Gilly

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, I would have never guessed Indo would be pointless a month into the year!

Is JJ coming back?

BTW, congrats to JJ being recently named USL MVP!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not going to get into whether or not Millar meant to do some poor kid in because we all know he didn't. The real question is, would he have gotten away with it vs the Metro Ford of old? Would he have done this to say Joe Billy or with an Eli Smith in the back making sure what you do to our front runners we will do right back to yours, 10x worse!!!!! Does this happen to Sapperton with B. Donald there to kick KNVD into next week???????

A speedy recovery to the yound Metro Ford player................and to Millar, KNVD may not be the most hated Slurrey United player anymore :D

Love ~JP~

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am very sorry to hear that the Metro Ford player was hurt today. I am also sorry to hear that some may think that Miller did it intentionally. I was not there so I really would not know.

I do know this; Every time you challenge for a header, the odds are over a period of time, that you will receive a knock to the head. Most of the time, it's a short but painful experience, and on you go. Sometimes, it's a little worse. Massender on our squad, received an elbow to the head against Firefighters two weeks ago from Andy Meyer. It resulted in a broken orbit and a couple of stitches. Did you read anything here about this incident? It's part of the business, challenging for a header with Andy Meyer. We don't think he did it on purpose. It's just the way it went. Same thing with Miller. As annoying as he can be, and as physical and mouthy as he can be, the man is not that kind of dirty, in my opinion. Sure he's taken a few perceivably dirty swipes at me with his lumpy legs as I've danced around him, (certainly you can understand his frustration) but he isn't the type to maliciously harm someone.

I sincerely hope the young man in question who received these injuries has a full recovery. It sucks. You wake up, look forward to your game, prepare for it, then you're in the bloody hospital. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
I am not going to get into whether or not Millar meant to do some poor kid in because we all know he didn't. The real question is, would he have gotten away with it vs the Metro Ford of old? Would he have done this to say Joe Billy or with an Eli Smith in the back making sure what you do to our front runners we will do right back to yours, 10x worse!!!!! Does this happen to Sapperton with B. Donald there to kick KNVD into next week???????

A speedy recovery to the yound Metro Ford player................and to Millar, KNVD may not be the most hated Slurrey United player anymore :D

Love ~JP~
Where have you been? Millars been kicking you guys for years,new or old Wolves makes no difference to him son.Having said that I do hope the young lad is alright.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real question is, would he have gotten away with it vs the Metro Ford of old? Would he have done this to say Joe Billy or with an Eli Smith in the back making sure what you do to our front runners we will do right back to yours, 10x worse!!!!!
john...live in the now!!! :rolleyes: And BTW...miller has done this before both intentionally and not intentionally ... ironically the worst was to a Surrey united player a few years ago! :confused: Apparently Surrey has forgotten about this incident where a certain players nose exploded from an elbow thrown from the big man! Doth we all forget??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just don't NOSE who the guy was, but I am sure they have kissed and made up.

Hope the young kid is OK, when do these two teams play again?, should be a cracker, keep your head up.

hos

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Miller said:
As far as the game went tonight, Metro Ford have many useful players. A very good team. To the lad that got hurt for Metro Ford, I truly am sorry. Now, to you Oliver, Keep hiding behind a keyboard you jammy twat. It was not cheap. It was a ball that got played forward from your back player. It started to dip. I was already in the air, I was leaning forward. I brought my arm up to protect myself, otherwise I would have banged heads with him. I had no idea what had hurt him. I thought it was that I had jumped into his back, and that maybe he had whiplash, from me landing on him. I had no idea that my elbow had hit him. When you've broke your nose as many times as I have, banging the back of somebody's head, you learn to bring your arms up. If I had any intent, then yeah it would have been cheap, but I've never seen the lad before, and he had just come on the park, so NO there was nothing that would have made me go after him. If you've ever played the game before you ignorant git, you would know that some things arise in a match, and you just react. In this case, I came from a long way away, I went in the air, and the ball started to land short. I did crunch him, but that was the furthest thing from my mind when I attacked the ball. I was going to be in a vicarious position, so I brought my arm up in front of my face to protect myself. In eighteen years in the league, just take a look at my disciplinary record, and you'll be able to see that I don't believe in playing the game cheap. That is Oliver, if you can pry yourself away from the timbits. Honestly, Oliver, You don't warrant a response, but I thought it was just too easy for you to come on here and spout off like a chubby little coward. To the lad that was injured, I do wish you a speedy recovery.
Sincerely, Steve

Notty said:
And BTW...miller has done this before both intentionally and not intentionally ... ironically the worst was to a Surrey united player a few years ago! Apparently Surrey has forgotten about this incident where a certain players nose exploded from an elbow thrown from the big man! Doth we all forget???

Well thanks Notty for refreshing the memories of many including KNVB who apparently after Miller went to Surrey United he forgot about it. Funny part is to see Graeme and Miller playing together and John (former Bby Canadians and currently an "IDIOT") also was part of that. Yeah sure, we can see Miller Disciplinary records at the League, but at the times he also had somebody who took really care of him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't forgot but I don't nose what you want me to do? Should I go out and break his beak at training to even things up? If he keeps stiffing the beer cooler I may, but the guy apologized to Graeme (more than once) for the incident the two of them talked it out. It's nose of my business if they're fine with it. All I said was I believe Friday's incident was indeed an accident. I was standing right there and didn't see any elbow but I did see the two collide awkwardly. Unfortunately for the MF lad he was the Mita and Millar has the wide load dumper...err, dump truck.

HoS that was a cross over game. We wouldn't play again until cup time.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
Firemen 2 Indo/Akal 1

IMO, a game we should have had. We outchanced Firemen, but were unlucky not to finish a few of our chances. A bounce here and there and it's our first victory....not to be though.

Firemen scored 2 quick goals near the end of the first half, after we had squandered many chances. 2nd half 1/2 of L.O.D. bags another :D , and we create lots of chances to equalize, but Animal did well and another in the loss column. We'll keep plugging away and sooner or later, hopefully sooner we'll turn it around.

Onto the mighty mighty Wolves.

Gilly
Gilly you need to worry more about what you're getting paid to do and that is scoring goals.Great hair though mate.

Steve Millar

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice KNVB, imagine I'm the only one that pays for my pints, and I'm Scottish. The next time you need a ride home at 3 o'clock, remember to keep your wits about you, because I still have one arm free. Now, I've been a long time lurker on this site, and I have to say that I think Regs had a brilliant idea to get this site going. I never knew he had any brilliance in him. I've had many a chuckle on this site, even from that red headed Sedin look-a-like twat. But when you make a million posts, you're bound to be funny a couple of times. Just like his touch, that's why I'm happy I have a season with him, I'm bound to see one good one. And without this site, who would have known that Ballbaby had a sense of humour. The only glimpse of one from him before was the fact he still plays football. Although it's twisted to make us watch that, nevertheless it is sense of humour.
Like I said earlier, I've lurked here for quite a while, but the only time I felt the need to post was when Dom passed. Hence, I'm not using a nickname. However, I find myself posting twice this weekend to reply to a couple of posts.
Firstly, Johnny P. I've been this league for 17 full years, and gone up against Joe Billy, Wevers, Donald, and other hard nosed players, and if you ask them or you ask me, we'll
tell you that we've had many hard physical battles, but we've always known that we were going to be able to go to work the next day. And there was always some sort of respect there. And if anybody has played with me or reffed me, they have heard me say that on the park. We all have to be able to work the next day. Secondly, Senior, you come on this thread, and state so matter-of-factly that I've had the League office look after me. This is not to slag you or anything, I've been in this league going on my 18th year and have only had 3 red cards. My first red card coming when I was 19 for taking down a friend of mine on the other team, when I was last man back in an Imperial cup game. The second red card I received was for the regrettable incident with Graeme. The third red card being last season for a tackle against Sulentic that to this day I do not believe should have been called a foul. In my 18 years I've not once been suspended for too many yellow cards in one season and in fact I've only had 2 yellow cards in the last 4 years. One being Friday night. So, with 1 red card every six years, Senior please tell me where I would have needed help from the league. Just so you know, the only time I have known anybody on the panel for the hearings was for the red card I received against Surrey and that was the late Alec Bell. And by the way Johnny P. was not on my team when the Graeme incident occured. Like I stated earlier, before you come on here and post "facts" please know the facts. This is not intended as a shot at you, because truly I don't know you, just as you don't really know me. There is only one time in my career that I have regretted something I have physically done, and that is the Graeme incident. This is because although I didn't intend to hurt Graeme as I did, I did intentionally throw the elbow. In all the years we've played together Notty, I'm sure you would be hard pressed to think of any other situations. True? Now, Graeme and I have talked a few times, and he has accepted it as much as can be expected. So HOS let it go, because the only person that matters in that case is Graeme and he's moved on. There is no humour in bringing up that regrettable incident over and over. Sorry for such a long winded post, but when you share a dressing room with KNVB, or Ken Hodgey, or whatever his name is, you don't get a word in edgewise. He monopolizes the conversation there just like he does here on TTP.
Softhead, if I wanted The Shermanator to come on here and defend me I'd call you. Until then quit calling me and camping outside my house, you're freaking my family out. To Coach, Shamrock, and Ballbaby, thanks for the kind words in my defense, the incident on Friday night was not intentional. I believe you're right about my integrity towards the game, and I appreciate you guys going to bat for me.
Again, I send my sincerest best wishes to the number 9 from Metro Ford. I do hope you're doing alright. There was no intention to injure you.
Now, please get back to taking the piss and slagging KNVB., and giving some scores.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just home from a wet day at Hastings..Clan-bums took the win 2 nill over a youthful all be it strong div 1 BBY team. A little disorganization on our part to begin the game...but after pelting the Canadians goalie with shot after shot, we snuck a couple in. In all honesty, the final score should have been 25 - 7. BBY had their chances but just couldn't finish the plate. And coo-do's to the BBY keeper, he made some great saves keeping them in the match...on the score sheet!!! :rolleyes:

On to next week!!!
~Notty

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 - West Van 0

Inter played a great game yesterday and were full deserving of the victory. The team played great after a disappointing loss last week and played their best game of the season.

On to next week...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie,

As I said in my post...............I am sure it wasn't intentional the foul. Simply I was posing a question to not only you but anyone else for that matter if they thought such a serious and hard foul would have gone without some sort of response from the other team had you been playing a different team on the night?????

As for Senior...............maybe he has reffed you before and knows what you are like :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty, you have the touch of an elephant. It was in your best interest that they pulled you. Our goalie did play well and made some big saves when it was 2-0. We had to push up and that allowed for the counter attack to be on. If we buried our chances in the first it would have been a different game. Frustrating.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton battered AFC 5- nil.

On an unrelated note Steve Millar has a piano for sale if anyone is interested. It's in great condition but he's forced to sell due to the extreme arthritis he's suddenly developed in his fingers. I hear his new hobby will be cheese. A good choice with the all the whining he does. I don't think you mentioned... How many years have you been in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0