Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter March & April 07'

What is more likely to happen this month

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Mar 07'

Ankle Breaker,

Don't worry about it. I was temporarily caught up in the moment. And I'm now over it. Like you said, you've won nothing. Lots to play for in the coming weeks. I wonder if Inter has enough gas in the tank to get the results they're looking for.

Was I right to put my money on the REAL Italians?

B. Sopel

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker,
Was I right to put my money on the REAL Italians?

B. Sopel

Not sure how many "real"italians played, but from Ankle's report

In the biggest game of the season Inter yet again had to overcome some adversity to get the result we needed. 3 minutes into the match Shaggy received a red card for a questionable tackle. I am not disputing the tackle as it was mis-timed but to pull a red card for it was very very harsh. The Clan Alum sidelines were screaming like someone got shot. A yellow definitely but not a red.

So knowing a tie would get us through, we had to fight for 87 minutes. We battled extremely hard and Clan Alum could not break us down. Our work rate was very good and we were determined not to be screwed again like last year in the Imperial finals. We battled and about 65 minutes in Clan Alum got their goal that they were looking for. However, we battled back and Adam sent a great ball to Matt who tied it up. After that we shut Clan Alum down again and they were not able to break us down.

real italians :rolleyes:

I agree with Ankle's report nonetheless, except for the red card on Shaggy.
He pulled the parachute and went in hard. Not sure if he caught him cleanly, but there was a loud thud. I am glad it didnt decide the game and I wasnt surprised by the refs decision. It was too bad, because I was looking forward to see Shaggy hit one of his patented free kicks.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow! What a team. ....blah, blah, blah.... but they can really back it up. More power to you guys.

Ankle Breaker, is that membership offer still available? I think I'll take it now.

Brent Sopel

What time does North American open on monday? I think I'd look good in blue and black stripes.

And all this coming from an impartial observer.:rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Still, very impressive to tie Colon-Clam with only 10 men. It may just be their year; especially since Sapp didn't make it.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB,

Hey big man. I just like watching quality soccer. I guess that's why I haven't seen any Sap games this year. If you can remember a post I made a while ago, I chose Clan Alumni as the team to beat. With the quality team they have, they should be winning a lot this year. I'm still going with them to win two cups this year. As for the jerk offs, Inter, they have surprised me this year. Much better than I thought. I do think Sporting is in tough against them in the league final as they have had so much time off. Too much if you ask me. But I'm really looking forward to the Imperial Final. That will be an all out battle. Will I be seeing you there Bob? Your smiling face always seems to brighten up the sidelines.

Brent

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think that is sooo cool that a NHL player comes on and posts on this website especially when this cutie just got traded back to the Vancouver canucks team after being someone else!

PS I saw you shopping on the weekend with your little wife with her little diamond!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB,

Hey big man. I just like watching quality soccer. I guess that's why I haven't seen any Sap games this year......But I'm really looking forward to the Imperial Final. That will be an all out battle. Will I be seeing you there Bob? Your smiling face always seems to brighten up the sidelines.
Brent

I don't blame you, I didn't want to see many Sapp games either, but being the coach in all, I had to endure many suffering moments. Highlight; beating Inter quite easily. Lowlight; the rest of the season from the 2nd SU game on (one word: Miroslav)
But the only cup that matters is the Provincial; unless Sapp wins the Imperial.

Dark horse: Firemen to win it all.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like congratulations should be extended to Niall Thompson for winning the Golden Boot this year. 13 goals in what, 9/10 games this season? Quite the accomplishment, big man, well done.

Congratulations and good luck to Sporting and Inter for winning their sides. When and where is the League final this year? I'm sure after 8 weeks off Sporting are just dying to play a game with some meaning.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A

1 ICSF Inter 19 - 37
2 Columbus Clan FC "A" 19 - 36
3 Croatia SC "A" 19- 29
4 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 19 - 27
5 Norvan Eagles 19 - 26
6 West Van FC "A" 19 - 21
7 Vancouver Olympics "A" 19 - 7

Side B

1 Sporting Club "A" 19 - 41
2 Surrey United "A" 19 - 36
3 AFC Leopards "A" 19 - 33
4 Firefighters "A" 19 - 23
5 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 - 19
6 Indo-Akal FC "A" 19 - 18
7 Sikh Temple "A" 19 -15

Golden Boot

Niall Thompson Firefighters FC 13
Joey Scigliano Columbus-Clan FC 12
Andrew Corazza ICSF Inter 11
Adrian Kekec Croatia SC 11
Ryan Dormer Sporting Club 9
Tiernan King Columbus-Clan FC 8
Dave Hleucka Surrey United 8
Russel Huggon Metro-Ford Wolves 8
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro-Ford Wolves 7
Steve DeBlasio Columbus-Clan FC 7
James Wilton Norvan Eagles 7
Joseph Marrello ICSF Inter 7
Omari Aldridge AFC Leopards 6
Shawn Blakeway Metro-Ford Wolves 6
Kevin Crouch ICSF Inter 6
Hapreet Khakh Surrey United 5
Meysam Soltani Sporting Club 5
Freddy Malek AFC Leopards 5
Angus Burke Surrey United 5
Jonathan Poli Columbus-Clan FC 5
Jesse Fetterley West Van FC 5
Blake Burgon Norvan Eagles 5

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
League final is Sunday, 2:00 pm, Hastings Bowl South or 4:00 pm, Charles Best Turf.

Imperial Cup final is Sunday, April 22, Kinsmen Stadium N. Van., 2:00 pm.

Croatia v. Metro Ford friendship match....hmm. Not sure. The first match between these clubs next year will be interesting. I noticed some tension between the supporters of these clubs at the Inter v. Metro Ford match. :rolleyes:

See you all Sunday.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone going to the game on Sunday? Should be a cracker!! Any predictions? I'll say Inter but only because Sporting hasn't played a meaningfull game in like 6 weeks or so?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly match

April 14th - Saturday 2pm @ South Surrey Athletic
Croatia "A" vs Peace Arch United

The legs need a run before provincials. :cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 Sporting 3

Inter wins in PK's - Fan club membership sales go through the roof.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 Sporting 3

Inter wins in PK's - Fan club membership sales go through the roof.

Nice match report, thanks for the in depth analysis!

2-0 Sporting at half. Inter battled back 2-2 end of regulation.

Inter up 3-2 in OT, Sporting tied it up in the last 3 minutes.

I follow Masters, so I don't know any players to comment. I got there at half time, thought Inter was winning 1-0 when they scored early in the 2nd. Quite surprised to hear they were down 2-1, as they had all the play. Inter with the majority of play, IMO! But Sporting are definitely dangerous on the counter!

Knut was that you kissing Walks ass, before OT?:rolleyes:

Edit, beacause I forgot to mention WVFC beat VFF 3-2, in a close one. I think Sir M's hair got ruffled, as he was looking stressed towards the end!

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was a great game out at Hastings today. A tale of two halves as we out played them in the first half and got rewarded with a goal by Steve Dormer and then Brian Gebbie to go into the half with a 2-0 lead.

2nd half we tried to sit on our lead and obviously didn't do a good job as Inter put the pressure on and scored 3 in a row. Both teams played the game really tough and it showed as a red card was eventually given to a player from each team after a scuffle. We managed to tie it up in the dying minutes off a header from Ryan Dormer after a long throw by Matt Omerod.

Overtime wasn't too exciting as both teams seemed very tired, but JB had a wicked free kick from at least 30 yards that Kindel had to make a nice save on.

Penalties went all the way to the 6th shooter and that's where it ended. Nice to finally play a game again after all those weeks off and hopefully we'll start having better turnouts at training because a lack of fitness diffinitely showed on our part. Congrats to Inter, now on to Provincials!!!!

Gomesy

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 4 - Sporting 3 (PK's)

What a game yesterday at Hastings Bowl. We started off very strong in the first 20 minutes as Sporting were still trying to find their legs after the long lay-off. However, we could not put one past Brum. Sporting then proceeded to score 2 goals before half. At half time we knew that if we could get one early then this would be a game. We began to press and Sporting was clearly in defending mode. Tino scored early and then we proceeded to score 2 more from Crouch and Wallace. At 3-2 and in the 90th minute Sporting got a goal off a header and on to extra time we went. Sporting probably had the best chance in extra time off a free kick but Kindel came up huge for us.

In PK's all of our shooters scored and we win 6-5.

Our team has shown great resolve over the last four weeks. Everyone from the starting 11 to our subs contribute week in and week out. It is a great feeling to win the league this year and we definitely celebrated last night. However, today is new week and now we look forward to Clan Alum in the Imperial final. Hopefully, we can right-the-wrong that happened last year in the Imperial finals. This is our third imperial final in a row. Hopefully we can bring home the hardware. It definitely will be a great game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Inter boys - Hi Bunny :D

This could be their year with a possible Treble (jinx) still within reach :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.