Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC without Wicks, Diaz and maybe others will be the same team from the begining of the season..............

so I'll take Westside.........

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seds, that is a great idea but unfortunately the league is too stupid to realize a good thing is it bites them in the ass. For example take a look at this weeks schedule. They did a great thing having the Imperial Semi's back to back, and the Div 1 Promo game Friday night at Byrne Creek. BUT they have the Prem relegation game Sunday at 3pm? For fcuk sakes Azzi give your head a shake man!!!! Why not a triple header? Why not a Saturday afternoon? The league needs some new blood in it to run it, Azzi and Reuben are absolute shite!!!!!!

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy;
You are right; the League needs a new blood to run it. Why don't you let me know your real name (if you have the balls) so at the next AGM I can nominate you and some of the others whiners to be part of the new rejuvenated VMSL.
Will you be able to handle it? I personally think that you will not but since I am a shite most likely I’ll be wrong.
I'll be waiting for your real name.
Have a nice life.
Ruben Tremarco

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, Ruben didn't even comment when I had a rant a couple years back, and I thought mine was much more colourful!!!! :bronco:

Hi Ruben!!! :D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy;
You are right; the League needs a new blood to run it. Why don't you let me know your real name (if you have the balls) so at the next AGM I can nominate you and some of the others whiners to be part of the new rejuvenated VMSL.
Will you be able to handle it? I personally think that you will not but since I am a shite most likely I’ll be wrong.
Have a nice life.
Ruben Tremarco

Best post I've read on this site in ages! Classic.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burn! Well done Ruben.

Now, quit pissing around on TTP and get to work on that enclosed stadium with liquor licenses so a bunch of middle aged armature footballers can sit around and drink in public. Should be easily obtainable in Vancouver I would think? After all, Seds has $500.00.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Reuben,

I enjoyed that. I spent a mere two un-eventful years on that board, but did get a feel for the amount of work it takes and the frustration with being second guessed.

Most guys I played with wouldn't put up a net, line a park, grab a corner flag or wash a uniform to save their life... let alone run the entire league.

There are some good ideas floating out there for the league generated on these sites, many of them are redundant and 'old' - but they are still good. It might just take new blood to stop posting and start attending meetings, picking up the phone and mapping out a plan to make them actually happen.

cheers,

CT

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy;
Have a nice life.
Ruben Tremarco

Well stated. It's very easy to criticize but if you aren't willing to do anything about it, it is best to shut up. If you are, that is a different story. I think these guys are willing to listen to things based on several factors:

1. Who it is coming from
2. How it is presented
3. Their specific mood for the day based on how the day's events transpired
4. Their ability to scrutinize the merits of the proposal or opinion....their prior experiences
5. How much time and effort and resources to make it happen

Here is what my prior experiences within similar situations indicate. The whiners are your sit on your ass selfishly inclined types who are waiting for window of opportunity to criticize, ignoring all the great things that are accomplished.

Great work Reuben. Now give us a grass field for Sunday's tilt vs Sapperton.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great work Reuben. Now give us a grass field for Sunday's tilt vs Sapperton.:D
A Sapp "Home" game I beleive - game is at Point Grey Turf, Sunday 11 PM.
Sapp will be fined the following next week:
Failure to supply turf corner flags
Failure to keep the lights on past 1 AM
Too many lines on the field thus confusing the referee
$200.00

Look, many people don't have the time in their lives right now to be on the board. It does frustrate me at times, but you must commend them on a thankless job and unrelenting pressure and phone calls. But the day will come when WAB will throw his name in the hat with visions of a more celebrated and recognized league. I will say this; I would not micro-manage the league - others can do that.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burn! Well done Ruben.

Now, quit pissing around on TTP and get to work on that enclosed stadium with liquor licenses so a bunch of middle aged armature footballers can sit around and drink in public. Should be easily obtainable in Vancouver I would think? After all, Seds has $500.00.

Hahah I had to laugh at this one... touche! Yeah, certain things like an SOL are probably out of the question, but you get my drift. I'll try to get to work on this shortly and figure out a game plan. Cheers!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I meant amateur of course... some how that spelling was Ivan Lee's fault

Surrey 2 AFC 0

Low intensity. A post and a couple extra missed opportunities for us and 3 or 4 long range hits for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0