Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Feb 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A

1 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 16 - 41
2 ICSF Inter "A" 14 - 30
3 Sporting Club "A" 14 - 27
4 Firefighters "A" 15 - 18
5 West Van FC "A" 14 - 14
6 Indo-Akal FC "A" 14 - 11
7 Westside Rino "A" 14 - 8

Side B

1 Surrey United "A" 17 - 39
2 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 15 - 28
3 Sapperton Rovers "A" 14 - 22
4 Norvan Eagles 15 - 16
5 Croatia SC "A" 16 - 14
6 AFC Leopards "A" 17 - 13
7 Burnaby Canadians "A" 17 - 11

February results and banter here if you please...

Can MF be caught? Can Surrey?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No and No.

However, neither team will win the provincials... Sporting to repeat and then blow it at Nationals again on Beer and Hot Wings (at the Dell Hotel). :D

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This letter was sent to the League last night. At least AFC won't have to worry about playing at Burnaby Lake anymore. Once they are relegated they will disappear forever and probably play their games in the T-ball park across from the PNE.:D

"Good Morning William and Ruben:

I am writing in regards to VMSL teams which have been found drinking alcoholic beverages at BLSCW. In light of the fact that one of those teams has been banned from playing in Burnaby, I had hoped that the league would endeavor to curtail the continued use of alcohol by its' teams while on City of Burnaby property.

I have checked your league website and all I can find in regards to alcohol is Very Important Notice #3, dated 2005/11/15 which states "Also, drinking of alcoholic beverages on the sidelines is strictly prohibited." It goes on to say "We will continue to fine teams and suspend players for this type of behavior."

It would be appreciated if you could update your website to include alcohol is prohibited in the entire facility including: dressing rooms, parking lots, bleachers and anywhere on City of Burnaby property. It is against the law to have open liquor in a public place. Whenever your teams are caught and approached the excuse is always the same "we didn't know." There are signs posted in all the dressing rooms indicating that alcohol is not permitted and may result in loss of allotments and fines up to $2000. I suggest that the VMSL executive should immediately post an announcement on their web site and personally advise all team managers that any alcohol will result in suspension from play as suggested in Very Important Notice #3.

On the back of the contract, which you get from the City, please note the following:

Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Policies require that unless specifically permitted:

#5 - No alcoholic beverages are to be dispensed, sold or consumed in the park at any time.

General Conditions of Agreement for All Users of Facilities;

#6 - The City of Burnaby reserves the right to cancel an allotment or activity for any reason and shall not be responsible for any associated costs or damages incurred by the Licensee or others.

I have worked afternoons the past 2 weekends and have personally caught 5 teams with coolers full of alcohol in the dressing rooms and / or open liquor outside the dressing rooms. Upon checking the garbage cans at the benches, a number of empty beer cans have also been found by the team benches. Following is a list of teams caught with open liquor at BLSCW:

January 20 Friday Pegasus (blue uniforms) in dressing room #2 with a cooler full of beer and open beer. Empty beer cans in garbage can by team bench.
January 27 Friday Lobbans SC Hellas - coolers full of beer and open beer in dressing room #4 as well as the hint of marijuana in the air. Numerous empty beer cans in garbage can by team bench.
January 27 Friday Alemania and 22nd Avenue Lions both teams caught with coolers of alcohol and open beer in the dressing rooms.
January 28 Saturday AFC Leopards A players caught with open beer cans outside dressing room area.

These are the teams that have been caught in the past 9 days. It makes me wonder how many have gone unnoticed.

December 17 Saturday AFC Leopards A- my staff was trying to get the teams to leave so she could go home but this team was taking their time and drinking in the dressing room.

This being the second instance of alcohol use by the AFC Leopards A, the next occurrence will result in a ban of the AFC Leopards A from City of Burnaby facilities.

I have noted that the AFC Leopards A are scheduled to play this Saturday, February 4th, 2:00 PM at BLSCW vs. Burnaby Canadians. I trust that they will have been given a warning by the league prior to this game.

I would appreciate a response to this e-mail relating the action that will be taken by the league to stop the teams from drinking on City of Burnaby property. If this situation continues there will be other teams that are banned from playing in Burnaby and / or fines levied.

On another note, can you please advise all teams playing at BLSCW that they are not allowed onto the field until the allotted time. It has been brought to my attention that on Sunday mornings the VMSL teams are constantly going onto field #1 prior to the allotted time of 9:00 AM. Even though there are large end zones on this field the teams are not allowed onto the field before 9:00 AM. This rule has been in place for years and I will ensure my staff are enforcing the rule.

Thank you for your time.

Tom Sadler
Coordinator
Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West
City of Burnaby
Parks Recreation and Cultural Services
Phone: 604-294-6047
Fax: : 604-294-8526
E-mail: tom.sadler@city.burnaby.bc.ca"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
February 2 : anal-retentive man writes to ICANN to complain about TTP website moderator having a suggestive avatar that is plain to see for any minor visiting said website.

I think there's an empty on top of one of the light fixtures down there as well :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tom Sadler

Sent to Mr. Sadler approx. 5 minutes ago.

It has come to my attention as well as hundreds of others in the lower Mainland that you are a cnut!!! No not the kind in which you have read about or heard is pleasantly positioned on a female (or even seen before for that matter), but the kind that thinks their little tiny position of power in life is somehow important to others... The kind that enjoys invading the physical space of others, telling them off (so to speak) and inflicting your own personal repremand... The kind that technically knows the Canadian legal system and tries to enforce it upon all in which he encounters on a daily basis... The kind who also has never driven a kilometer over the speed limit or would never dare let a parking meter expire on a downtown street without reporting himself to the local authorities... So my suggestion is you lighten up cnut, extend some comon courtesy to the many fathers, sons, mothers, daughters and all other hard working law abiding citizens who just happen to visit the closed bubble little precious city of Burnaby... Their day is full of presure, stress and deadlines... Football is not only a passion to most, it is a pastime where the gathering of good people get together and enjoy themselves for a couple of hours and forget about the pompus arrogant individuals they have to deal with at work or at home... I know it's not the law, but Karma is a bitch!!! Those you step all over on the way up will remember you on the way down!!!
Have a lovely day.

John Guinness
Team player and genuine nice guy
Fraser Valley Soccer League
City of South Surrey
Recreation and sports director
Phone: 604-280-ROCK
Fax: : 604-280-CFOX
E-mail: beautifulgame@yahoo.ca

Some people just can't get away with being a KNVB!!!:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, can you please advise all teams playing at BLSCW that they are not allowed onto the field until the allotted time. It has been brought to my attention that on Sunday mornings the VMSL teams are constantly going onto field #1 prior to the allotted time of 9:00 AM. Even though there are large end zones on this field the teams are not allowed onto the field before 9:00 AM. This rule has been in place for years and I will ensure my staff are enforcing the rule.
Constantly eh? Since when did the VMSL have teams showing up to a field at 9:00 AM Sundays? Furthermore, what league anywhere would have a KO at around 7:00 AM?

Joke.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This little letter is nothing, you should see the crap that the Burnaby Canadians have had to deal with, with this guy over the years. He was hired by the city back in the late 90's when the 3 turf pitches were first opened, he quickly was named the "Turf Nazi", no turf for you, one year! I understand that the city has to post their signs about booze to cover their asses if someone drives home pissed, but to show up weekend after weekend to ckeck on senior teams having a couple of pops.

By the way, this is the same guy that wanted to have the Driver Licenses of every player for the teams that practice and play on the turf fields, so that "he" could give field allotments to teams with more Burnaby based players. Thank god there are privacy rights, or this Nazi might have had your I.D. whgile busting you for having a pint after a match.

hos

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a representative of the vancouver lobbans, i feel that it is my duty to inform all of the TTP readers that there was a hint of marijuana in the dressing room. after our game on friday night we went into the dressing room where there must have been a session going on that we had no part of. i remember feeling pissed off that someone did not have the courtesy of going outside to smoke (okay i'm just pissed that they didn't wait for me). whatever the case may be, i'm over it. For future reference, if it was my team that sessioned in the dressing room, there wouldn't just be a hint of smell.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
January 27 Friday Lobbans SC Hellas - coolers full of beer and open beer in dressing room #4 as well as the hint of marijuana in the air. Numerous empty beer cans in garbage can by team bench.

Lobbans is definitely a drinking team with a soccer problem.

Wannabe Sargernt Saddler has obviously been rejected with his long time applications for employment with the police department. Who now takes his frustration out to the park.:eek:

Hmm, off topic!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 3 - AFC 2

Good Battle down at the turf fields today with both teams giving everything they had. AFC went up 1-0 early in the first but we replied with 2 before half. Gordie Chin with a rocket of a free kick right before half. The weather was fcukin shocking and it caused alot of problems for both teams.

We came out strong in the second half and were rewarded with a goal about 10 minutes in. AFC pushed hard to try to get a point and got within 1 but we shut the door after that. Everybody on our team showed up to play today and we deserved the points. Hopefully a good result at Inter next week will keep us up in the premiership.

TA

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Sapperton 0. One more gust and the levy would have broke. Shoc-king weathe, as someone bald said the gods were angry today. Two keepers in Sheppy and Corey who, on their day, could probably kick from 18 to 18 were lucky to knock balls more than 35 yards when defending the north goal at Cloverdale.

Side B is ours! :knvb:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Columbus 1

We were up 2:0... Columbus got one with about 15 to go or so.... Then the wind blew away walk's whistle and there seemed to be a bunch of extra time added on.... :rolleyes: But then Walk's eventually found his whistle and the final result had us winning 2:1!!! :)

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1 - Trollups 0

That's 3 consecutive 1 - nil wins for us as we get back to playing the way we did late last season. Brent Branker with our goal. Dave Griffiths hit the post twice. Our 2 goalies were unavailable so we had our coach playing in net. It's not too much of a stretch as he is a goalie and he made a great save to preserve the win in the final 5 minutes.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy16 said:
Sporting 1 - Trollups 0

It's not too much of a stretch as he is a goalie and he made a great save to preserve the win in the final 5 minutes.

No kidding!! The ball was in on a clean header and he was diving one way and fooled, and threw a foot out and the shot hit it!! Sporting deserved the result though I thought.

But, more importantly...

Then there is JAGS...10 minutes left, WV are trying to tie it, and Coach of The Year makes a sub...and, OH MY the sub walks on the field at the 40 yard stripe (what was he THINKING:eek: ). Mauritzio comes sprinting over, furiously blowing his whistle and waving his arms, not touching his watch...and, trangressions of transgressions the substitute player had not entered the field of play at he center stripe! What next??!! Dogs sleeping with cats?

So that Hooligan JAGS :mad: (Jackass)...I cannot believe he even said this) states to the venerable official... (from the bleachers other side of the fence not on the field of play 40 mile an hour horizontal rain)..."Mauritzio, its not all about you you know..." (the Nerve:confused: ). JAGS, spectator, is sent off. Shame, shame on you JAGS.

It is nice to see an official take control of the game. We need more of this...otherwise spectators will begin to disagree with the officials, and of couse, we cannot have that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean he didn't even reach to his pocket and ask Jags if he wanted one first?!?! Just straight Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0