Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You f@*ked us Polska ;)

Simply put, today wasn't our day. After starting badly we ended up on the back foot and Columbus created solid chances for themselves, with some wasted and some smartly saved by our goalkeeps thankfully to keep things level after 20. Then Columbus earn PK on a sloppy challenge, unfortunate but converted. 1-nil. We pull our socks up and start to wake up, going forward better until a give away in the center of the park late on in the half is punished with 1 minute left to play. 2-nil at half. 2nd half we push a 2nd man forward to play a more direct game of footy. Columbus in turn looks dangerous on the counter with all the open space across the midfield. Midway throught the half Columbus again collect another turnover and punish us once again. 3-nil. We earn a lake PK with 10 to go but it's pushed wide. Game over

A very disappointing way for our MASSIVE run to come to an end, but it had to happen eventually:cool:

On to next week..

Pushed a 2nd man forward? Does that mean you were playing most of the game with a defensive formation with a lone striker? I wonder what the ballerina panda would have to say about this :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I heard that Taj is off in Croatia for tryouts, which obviously leaves a hole for you guys to fill. We had him on a permit in Imperial last year and he ran his bag off. Good kid and it's great to see him getting a shot. Hope he makes it!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You f@*ked us Polska ;)

Simply put, today wasn't our day. After starting badly we ended up on the back foot and Columbus created solid chances for themselves, with some wasted and some smartly saved by our goalkeeps thankfully to keep things level after 20. Then Columbus earn PK on a sloppy challenge, unfortunate but converted. 1-nil. We pull our socks up and start to wake up, going forward better until a give away in the center of the park late on in the half is punished with 1 minute left to play. 2-nil at half. 2nd half we push a 2nd man forward to play a more direct game of footy. Columbus in turn looks dangerous on the counter with all the open space across the midfield. Midway throught the half Columbus again collect another turnover and punish us once again. 3-nil. We earn a lake PK with 10 to go but it's pushed wide. Game over

A very disappointing way for our MASSIVE run to come to an end, but it had to happen eventually:cool:

On to next week..

CIC, the people in the stands failed to see an extra man up top? :confused: It you against 4 more often than not......the outside midfielders weren't even coming close to pressuring high enough which is why they had an easy time. Penalty was a very dodgy call as there was major embellishment from the player who was judged to be fouled. Columbus deserved the win on the day as there was very little created by RFC.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pushed a 2nd man forward? Does that mean you were playing most of the game with a defensive formation with a lone striker? I wonder what the ballerina panda would have to say about this :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I heard that Taj is off in Croatia for tryouts, which obviously leaves a hole for you guys to fill. We had him on a permit in Imperial last year and he ran his bag off. Good kid and it's great to see him getting a shot. Hope he makes it!

That formation seems to be the flavour of the day in the Metro League this year........possibly because 11 of the 16 World Cup teams used it last year? :D 4-2-3-1.......though Columbus seemed pretty set on their 4-1-4-1

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 3 Hurricanes 3

Canes got two in the last 5 minutes to get the draw.

You mean Canes got one in the 87 minute and then tied it in the 105 minute against a ten man Wvan team. Congrats to the Canes.

A solid effort by us, playing down a man for 70 minutes of regular time and then another 3 minutes of added time and then another 8 minutes of extra, extra time..before the Canes equalized. The bigger story of the night was the nightmare of a referee we had.....

We absorbed 1 red and 7 yellows......a tad smaller of a total from the last time we had this Ref. Last time it was 2 Reds and 7 yellows......consistency seems to be his strong point. Consistently shitty. His name is Rubin! And he is shite....plain and simple! Infact, one almost should consider forfeiting their game, then risk getting players suspended and or carded for such things as...."taking more then 5 seconds to throw the ball in" and " taking a free kick before he was in place" and the best of the night was a yellow for, "tieing ones shoelace ".........Fcuk me !!!! In our last four matches we have had a combined 1 yellow card. The referees in these games were Walks, Joey K, Rene, and Alain. Today........we had Rubin! Clearly, something is not right here.

I understand that this referee was once an official in the FVSL, but due to his incompetence, was relieved of his duties. What an outstanding move by the FVSL!!! Our League, however, thought he was a good fit and happily employed his services. Well done VMSL. You have brought in an official so bad its beyond laughable. A referee, that should not be reffing at any level, let alone the highest level of Men's soccer in the province.

I certainly wont be holding my breath waiting for the powers behind the VMSL to act accordingly on this matter and follow the FVSL. It seems, issuing fines and switching games without due notice takes up most of their time these days.

Oh well......onto the Imperial Cup.........good luck to all! Especially those poor bastards that get this gem of a ref as their man in the middle.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean Canes got one in the 87 minute and then tied it in the 105 minute against a ten man Wvan team. Congrats to the Canes.

A solid effort by us, playing down a man for 70 minutes of regular time and then another 3 minutes of added time and then another 8 minutes of extra, extra time..before the Canes equalized. The bigger story of the night was the nightmare of a referee we had.....

We absorbed 1 red and 7 yellows......a tad smaller of a total from the last time we had this Ref. Last time it was 2 Reds and 7 yellows......consistency seems to be his strong point. Consistently shitty. His name is Rubin! And he is shite....plain and simple! Infact, one almost should consider forfeiting their game, then risk getting players suspended and or carded for such things as...."taking more then 5 seconds to throw the ball in" and " taking a free kick before he was in place" and the best of the night was a yellow for, "tieing ones shoelace ".........Fcuk me !!!! In our last four matches we have had a combined 1 yellow card. The referees in these games were Walks, Joey K, Rene, and Alain. Today........we had Rubin! Clearly, something is not right here.

I understand that this referee was once an official in the FVSL, but due to his incompetence, was relieved of his duties. What an outstanding move by the FVSL!!! Our League, however, thought he was a good fit and happily employed his services. Well done VMSL. You have brought in an official so bad its beyond laughable. A referee, that should not be reffing at any level, let alone the highest level of Men's soccer in the province.

I certainly wont be holding my breath waiting for the powers behind the VMSL to act accordingly on this matter and follow the FVSL. It seems, issuing fines and switching games without due notice takes up most of their time these days.

Oh well......onto the Imperial Cup.........good luck to all! Especially those poor bastards that get this gem of a ref as their man in the middle.

Is "Rubin" a bald Macedonian?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1
Westside 0

we were punished on a give away late in the 1st half and that was all she wrote. simply not creating enough going forward or just not creating enough period. i've pm'd ballerina panda for advice. anxiously awaiting a reply.
on to imperial cup.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1
Westside 0

we were punished on a give away late in the 1st half and that was all she wrote. simply not creating enough going forward or just not creating enough period. i've pm'd ballerina panda for advice. anxiously awaiting a reply.
on to imperial cup.

sadly, the only advice panda could give is how to score. Unfortunatley for him, scoring requires putting roofies into the oppositions water bottles.
hang in there.
your playing for cup

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia West side was one borring match to see. Hacking at each other. Good thing they head a good ref. He kept the game going. Points needed for Croatia to try to stay as tenth side in the league. In my opinion much has to be done in orther for that club to stay around. Shape of some guys just does not cut it for premier side.
Not sure what happened to West side. It just does not look the same club that we did see before the Chistmas.
That just makes it bit hurder for SAp to stay in the hunt. as i said last game of the season is it to see who stays. Shuls left to Croatia. Smart!!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST 3-0 Delta

Hard Ballz

Delta missing some real key guys and had younger guys filling in as best they could but ICST Peg was class. Andy was man of the match (Goalie) as he made a PK save, another off the rebound and one more spectacular effort in the second half to earn his clean sheet. Sidelines were rocking with Molson 67 fueling the good times. Overall I thought Peg played to their potential with everybody involved in the effort. Should be a great Imperial Cup run for Peg if they keep playing like this.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta has no worries they stand above any cut. All they need to do is to rest the best for a cup run. It is bottom six with big scratches. Big Didar was one happy guy yestarday. Two coaches on Croatia side were as pail as a white sheet. After the game both looked normal.
Inter is doing some but kicking latley. I hope they have bit left in the tank for Cup run.
Surrey is on fire. It will take a seven men D to beat that group. Only with lone wolf and good managment of the pitch that one will have a chance against club like that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow who was in goal for Akal? Is Amar Dhinsa in goal for Akal. Serbia started bad but the club has improved alot more than many others even if they are going down to div one. I just can not understand Akal guys.Are they giving up?
Nobady is out of woods yet. One loss can take you down or bring you up.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDSC 1-0 Akal

Quite frankly their keeper kept the scorline close making 2 point blank saves in the first and a breakaway in the second. They had lots of possesion in the second half but couldn't create in the final third.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheps made 4 absolutely quality saves. 2 off free kicks (Canes are very good at dead balls around the box).
Goal mouth scrambles in both boxes and in the end Surrey had fewer chances, but converted.

Solid game for the officiating crew as well.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 1-0 Sapperton

Ugly game on what started as a great pitch, but became ugly as the match wore on. Early play was evenly split with both squads forcing the GK's into saves, but RFC soon began to dominate with near misses on at least 5 occasions...0-0 at the half. Second half saw our boys continue to control the match, although, we were reduced to 10-men (thanks BCSA ref assessor) when Alain tossed our striker for challenging a 50-50 ball with Sapp's GK Garth who flopped, screamed, and dove like a fcking ninny (his second flop of the game BTW!) :eek:. Not long after, our control was rewarded when we scored on a great volley directly off a long-throw. Alain evened things up with 15-mins to go when he gave a Sapp defender his 2nd yellow and then we defended doggedly to keep all the points.

On a side note, there was a sad moment in the 2nd half, which I'm sure was out of frustration, but completely embarrassing to the Sapperton club when coach Cloughie yelled out at the top of his lungs something along the lines of Richmond being a typical shite team and something else with a profanity about our club. Cloughie - you know what you said and the fact it warranted the referee coming over to warn you once the played stopped says enough. I feel bad (kind of) for some of the Sapp Exec who I have known for a long time, as some of the shite posted on here by Cloughie over the course of the season, as well as his sideline comment today, do not reflect well on the Sapperton club. WAB - when is enough going to be enough with this clown? Everyone knows he only befriended Sapperton so he could get into the VMSL, otherwise, if his precious FVSL was really that fantastic, why didn't he stay there?! :confused:

Pulling for DCR20 and Sir M's boys to put the nail in Cloughie's coffin on Wednesday night! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0