Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't aware that refs were supposed to give favours this year. I thought that stopped several years ago. WTF?
Well, you're mistaken. The refs are supposed to give a few favours to the perrenial teams. SU and the likes should always be favoured over new teams to the division. I went out of my way in the summer to take the 2 Kevins out for some pints in Kamloops and I really expected more for from Uppal.

The red Gomes mentioned, by most accounts, was a red. Even talking to some Akal guys, the PK was doggy.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This post has 'GOONAGE' and 'THUGGERY' written ALL over it. :D What do you say, WAB?

Had the wrong goons playing the 1st half. cloughie sorted that out in the 2nd.

Good news; Sapp still unbeaten. Not going to mention any names, but a certain player from another team, at the game, mentioned to me that he is thinking about transferring to Sapp to join up with a few of his mates. He said he has to wait a few more weeks before he could make the move and not leave his existing team in the lurch. Stay tuned.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2 Croatia 0

Quote of the game, Stu Walters to Jonny Sulentic... " I didn't elbow you... If I did, it be in the **** " :)

Great result for us yesterday, the game as whole was a little scrappy, but we managed to gain the lead midway through the second half, and with Croatia pushing men forward to try and equalize, we hit them on the counter with a great individual effort and kill the game off. Walks was in the middle and did a great job IMO.

On to next week..

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Columbus 3

They scored early off a set piece but then we really picked up after that and really applied pressure to their backline and were unfortunate not to get the tying goal after we hit the post and had a few shots blocked by their defense in their 6 yard box. 1-0 at half, and game was pretty even until 25 left when they scored their second and put the game away 5 mins later on a breakaway. We played a really good game but they converted their chances and we didnt.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you don't count Columbus as ethnic.
Serbs have gone multi-ethnic, lots of east indians and other "minorities" and the obligatory two Serbs.

9 Serbs, 5 Indian, 2 African American, 1 Chinese, 2 "Canadians", 1 Chinese, and 1 American :cool: . More to come PV... will keep you up to date :knvb:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What teams are in premier are actually ethnic these days?.. you look at all the teams and they all have players from different countries and languages playing for them.

Star #1,

What happened to the other ethnic Serbs that played for White Eagles? You used to have basically all Serbs in your team and now only 9 out of 20 or 21. I think that there are a lot of young Serbs who play for the other teams in PL, not for your team.

You are absolutely right that it is hard to find lately ethnic clubs in Premier League. That may be both, good and bad, for soccer in BC. Some ethnic teams used to show a lot of pride while playing for their teams; the first that comes to mind is a great atmosphere during Croatia and Serbian White Eagles games.:)

I think we actually need a few strong ethnic teams. A lot of people watch these teams and that is good for soccer and Premier League. That is exactly why Nations Cup is such a big success.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star #1,

What happened to the other ethnic Serbs that played for White Eagles? You used to have basically all Serbs in your team and now only 9 out of 20 or 21. I think that there are a lot of young Serbs who play for the other teams in PL, not for your team.

You are absolutely right that it is hard to find lately ethnic clubs in Premier League. That may be both, good and bad, for soccer in BC. Some ethnic teams used to show a lot of pride while playing for their teams; the first that comes to mind is a great atmosphere during Croatia and Serbian White Eagles games.:)

I think we actually need a few strong ethnic teams. A lot of people watch these teams and that is good for soccer and Premier League. That is exactly why Nations Cup is such a big success.

The team was full of Serbians a few years ago but now a lot of them cant commit due to work and two went back to Serbia, there are about 4 playing on other teams in premier and a few that couldn't handle playing in premier. Obviously you would love to have a full ethnic team full of Serbians and so on but it is hard to find a whole team to compete in premier without adding players outside the community.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star all Canadians..... Pople only look at your standings. A U21 is a must for you guys in orther to stay up there. New commers only care about playing. You must be an eagle to be able to fly like him. We all know hart lacks in many players. Due to work most can only come out to one practise. At your level it is needded to practise three times a week. Any club that does not do that will be in bottom four.
Three teams drop down this year only one comes up. It will be beond hard to get up there again if you fall. You need one or two older guys that know the game. Youth runs around and than drops the level. Both you and Croatia will be in tough to stay up there. Both need to sort it out and change your work outs.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If both Croatia and Serbia are having a tough go at this level, an answer might be a merger between the teams, create a brand new club and call it something completely different like.....oh...I dunno...how about YUGOSLAVIA FC.....

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats like club I and sapperton merging
2 control freaks looking for the power,

shite didnt sapp use to be club I

sid

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
A team that does not have youth teams will have a lot of problems. That is obviously the case with Croatia and Serbian White Eagles.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oldtimer Yougoslavia still exsists. Bosna and Hercegovina are not split up. It is a pact government. There fore it is still there. Most of the Croatian players are Bosnian and Hercegovian decent. How about club Balkan where all four get togethere and stay on top. Use div two teams as ethnick sides. No small club will be able to stay up there. You just do not have a player base. You take guys that got cut by othere sides. But it is best to stay away from trouble. I just want to see how other guys think. What hasto hapen is Eagles must go for U18 gold side and then go to U21. Same goes for Croatia SC. Sulentic is coaching a younger side. Cat team in div one is fast of a step for most young guys. Coaching at lower levels is more about fare time play for each player. Development is not where it should be at. With soccer schooles and academic soccer level will go up. Kids are subbed to many times to be able to come up top premier and help out. They have legs for ten minutes and then go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0