Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – February 05’

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think our keeper had the ball didn’t he? And Darko was already whistled for running him over in the first place, which for you, should help explain why 'darkmeat' was sitting on Drew. Which is not to say that Drew doesn't look like a comfortable lounge chair, but the lack of throw pillows should have tipped him off. Of course he got his faced "washed".

All and all I think the result was fair. Some poor calls where made and went against for sides and considering the circumstances and the intensity of the match you couldn’t really have that big a moan. Well, the Croatians fans can... and did. Lets also remember which team received the red card for taking two punch/slaps to the head? Pssst, it wasn’t you.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb,
question...why did you guys get a pk against us?
answer...cuz miro apparently tugged the shirt of that little diver that was leaning on miro. fine, whatever.

now, lets move to the end of the game. our corner kick. i'm standing 2 feet in front of your keeper(his ponch is 1 foot away though) with my arms crossed, and on my shoulders. somehow the ball gets knocked straight way up above my head. i wait, then i jump straight up thinking i'm gonna get my umpteenth concussion from a goalie punch. instead, (haha, pardon while i reminisce) keeper jumps up and in mid air he wraps his arms around my head as if it was the ball. as we both come down he falls first and awkwardly takes me down on top of him, now choking my fcuking head. during and after this incident, he's screaming like a baby like i attacked him. i was pissed. not because of what he did, not because kevin set a precedence earlier in the game that this would definately be a pk if he called the other one, but because he and others were fcuking screaming and ACTING like it was my fault. and once things settle down, the truth comes out, and keeper honourably apologizes saying he didn't mean to do that to me.
but, according to you knvb...i ran the goalie. uhuh, sure.

vmsl sucks shite. everyone should play summer soccer on freshly cut grass in the coast league, where the league is run by a gentleman(gillespie).

and...i don't care how many minutes were left in the game. the lights went out and everyone heard kevin say "keep playing". you don't end a game like that. that's how our practices end, and guys get pissed, nevermind a league game. fitting way to end a horrible night of soccer in the vmsl. ironically, the talk has been about how/why firemen are being punished for that unfortunate incident. the fcuking league should be punished for putting surrey and croatia through a FOOLISHLY scheduled makeWHAT-up game, not having officials scheduled, not being able to be reached for an explanation, not being able to drink beer, not being able to enjoy a warm relaxing shower cuz the gates are closing half hour after the game, not being and inevitably having to play a game with horrendous officiating. kevin is a great ref(probably my favorite), but he had an inconsistent stinker. anyone would have. the league should not have asked for any of its officials to do what kevin was man enough to attempt. the ref tries to help the league, but the league fcuks the ref.

surrey deserved the win. they're a good team with some wankers, but mostly good guys. will most definately challenge for everything this year. fcuk man, i thought we needed translaters. you got some thick accents on your team.

just my HONEST opinion...don't like it, fcuk off.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matt Ormerod has been getting tonnes of play at Sap. He has scored a goal and also lost a Sap game ball by firing it 20 yards over the bar and 200 yards long. He's played well up front for us. He shields and holds the ball up well. A great addition.......except about the ball.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
darkmeat said:
vmsl sucks shite. everyone should play summer soccer on freshly cut grass in the coast league, where the league is run by a gentleman(gillespie).

just my HONEST opinion...don't like it, fcuk off.

Sure the VMSL has had its problems, but at least it's competetive. The PCL is Mickey Mouse to say the least. No other league, including the Burnaby Summer League, would allow players to transfer from the losing semi-final team to a team in the finals. BTW, the semis and finals were played on Bby turf. Real quality league there. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darko said:
knvb,
question...why did you guys get a pk against us?
We received a PK because Miro, a Slovak if you can imagine the irony, had his hands and arms wrapped around our forwards face. I'm Not TTP or trying to give a skewed view of the situation, I'm telling you the truth. He was mugged. In your case when Drew and you decided to do the Lambda or the 'forbidden dance', in the middle of the six I think you had already been called for a foul. Whether you thought it wasn't or I thought it was is moot now innit? Kevin called the foul before any dry humping began. BTW, Drew would like to know if you're free next Friday and for your phone number.

I can't really argue on much of anything else you said or am much to hammered to bother...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
65... Matty O played quite well against us the other night. He's certainly matured since I last saw him during his 'Delta Days.'

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was right behind miro, and can't deny what you say you saw.
i don't remember the whistle blowing, and i don't remember seeing the ball even come close to my head. just jumping straight up, and getting mugged. well, if the ref called a foul like you say, then chalk up another very bad call for him.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys,

Get over yourselves. No offense, but you're only playing in the Metro Premier AMATEUR league. Seriously lads, move on. I think everyone on here is taking themselves too seriously. Whenever the premier division gets competitive like it was 10 years ago, please let me know. I would be interested in following it then. God bless you and fcuk the Huns.

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb Jr said:
3 points taken away, and 3 points gained. Hopefully we'll get to keep these points!!!

Did you go to the League's office to pick up those IDs. Because if you didn't, wait fo another two months and may loose these points :eek: :eek: :D

If I was you Jr., I will wait for two months to count this win

Senior

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 1 - Burnaby 2

Had a chance to tie it in the dying seconds......nope, not this year.
Ryan McNabb punched-up some Peg guy (Espinosa?) in the corner of the park as he tried to waste time. The guy deserved it after kicking Ryan from behind twice; once while Ryan was on the ground because of the 1st kick. Both were ejected. At least they went down kicking. :eek:

Peg has 4 games left in Premier.:
Westside
Surrey
West Van
Inter

2 wins are very possible, but 3 or 4 wins will be tough. They need 9 points to even have a slim chance.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why was everything better 10 years ago. I hear that with a lot of things.
Like the music, the cars. Really anything. They say it with every sport. Basketball, hockey. Sometimes you have to just let go.

When I played.... ...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its really all a conspiracy. 2 years ago at the Premier meetings I proposed the elimination of 2 teams and the eventual reduction back to 10. It was rejected.

The Whitecaps and the VMSL have a working relationship and by us having a couple of lagging teams, the A-League can claim they have a better competion level than the VMSL. If we went down to 10, the VMSl would be at an equal, or higher level than the Whitecaps.

The VMSL is the highest amateur level going, and I consider it more pro than the Whitecaps. We train twice a week and play at the same level, but our players get paid real money, where as most Whitecap players work in soccer stores or have no jobs at all. $5000 - $10000 to be a, uhemm, "pro". Sounds good! :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note to Inter: Pack your rubber galoshes.(sp) The snow is coming down thicker than an over cooked Alfredo sauce in Cloverdale right now.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the league cancell games with all this snow coming down, or is it up to the Ref and a game time decision. It is puking in TheRock, and I would rather stay home and SuperBowl it, then drive to Vancouver to find out a game vs. AFC is off, I am sure those boyz don't want to play in this stuff.

WAB I agree with you on the 10 teams, it would be much better for the league and lower mainland soccer. But better than the WhiteCaps, I am sure a few of the top teams could compete with them, but they are supposed to be the top young players in B.C., and tops in fitness, they should be better than most VMSL teams, that treat the league like a beer league for most of the winter season.

hos

ps. Slurrey vs. Inter Snow Bowl a No Go.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlackMittens United 2 - ColdHands FC 2

Both teams had lots of chances in the first half, Khalsa hitting a post and Bucky making a couple of nice saves, but AFC was able to finish thier chances and came away with a 2-nil lead at the half, the second was a little dodgy looking (off-side) but the officials did a good job on the day, so we won't mention it.
Khalsa pressed in the second and was looking tired with only 12 men on the day, but MattMorri was able to score a great header with about 20 to go. Khalsa put in the super sub with 10 to go and went right at AFC, with Matty scoring his second of the day. A few goal mouth scrambles at the end, but it was the fair result on the day, both will be happy with 1 point and an inch up the standings.

Onto Sporting next week, who lost to the Croats today, we are both at 16 points, so it is a huge game for both, if you want a chance at BC's through the league.

Weakside 1 - MetroFord 3
Sap. (can you hear WAP sing) 2 - Clanbus 1
Croatia 1 - Sporting 0

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0