Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the current schedule, it looks like fields in Vancouver (excluding Memorial), as well as the North Shore and Richmond are open...

I assume teams could still arrive and decide with the referee that the game cannot be played?

Saturday has yet to have closures posted but @LION says ND is a no go. Any chance Inter v West Van goes? Gotta think that if the Div. 2 game can be played on Empire at -2 on Friday night that there's a decent chance this one goes ahead at +2 in the sunshine on Saturday??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Canucks4Ever the game at PG tonight is already cancelled on the sched, and I was at Livingstone last night and assure you no one will be playing there tonight either.

I think the only fields that are actually clear of ice are Trillium and Jericho.

I expect Parks Board to go check and post the rest of the fields as closed by noon today.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Canucks4Ever the game at PG tonight is already cancelled on the sched, and I was at Livingstone last night and assure you no one will be playing there tonight either.

I think the only fields that are actually clear of ice are Trillium and Jericho.

I expect Parks Board to go check and post the rest of the fields as closed by noon today.

Ya I heard the same report on Livingston last night and was surprised to see it still on the schedule. Perhaps it was just because it is evidently not snow covered and once it is inspected it will be deemed frozen and closed?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Parks Board posts their updates on Friday afternoons at 1 pm, but they also have had a notice up on their site that "all fields are closed until further notice" since mid-December.

All of the youth games for this weekend were cancelled earlier in the week (not that it's any indicator of anything). Since the temperature isn't going above zero today, I don't see anyone playing in Vancouver this weekend. Waiting until the last minute to find out sucks, though.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Vancouver 0 - Coquitlam Metro Ford 3
I made the drive to Ambleside to observe our potential contenders. Coquitlam was quite superior and deserved the win. However, I was quite disappointed with the level of play in both sides. I mean this is the first and second place. I was expecting a little more for a top premier game.

West Van did not create any credible threats except for a shot that went above the crossbar (I missed the first 30 minutes or so). The Coquitlam defense dealt with all the long balls and the midfield combinations quite well. I missed the first goal.

The second goal was a clinical finish from a header. Coquitlam did a nice transition after a corner kick. A one two combination on the sidelines combined with a deep penetrating pass gave the winger ample of time to put a nice cross that the forward put to the back of the net quite well.

The third goal was superbly executed free kick. The wall help him because it was really badly arranged. I was surprised to see that at this level those guys would do such a sloppy job. I could see from my angle a complete hole between the last man and the post, but anyway he finished really well. The goalie dived well but the shot had such an acute curve that he could not reach the ball. Both goals were really top notch finishes.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, a good team but a bit bland and without flavour. I did not find the match exciting. Perhaps because West Van seemed subdued and without hope.

In any case, what are the implications of a possible game with Campo. By pure statistics, Coquitlam should terminate Campo 5-0 or 6-0.
Coquitlam is the Terminator of the VMSL, but we have found a WEAKNESS in Coquitlam Metro Ford. I am confident that we can take them down with a bit of fortune on our side.
Even the Terminator can be destroyed. Stay tuned, because we will bring down Coquitlam.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RMD 2 Westside 1. First half Rmd had 80% of the play but their goal came off a WS defender from a free kick whipped in from P Chivers (?). Westside picked up the pace in the second half and may have deserved to score based on effort but the goal they got, in a goal mouth scramble could have been disallowed, given what looked like a foul on the RMD keeper. Fortunately for RMD, in the 87th minute, Chivers took another free kick, in similar fashion to the previous one, and this time found the head of his own Striker who beelined it into the net. After a month and half off it wasn't the fastest paced game but there was some good effort and energy shown by both sides especially in the second half and especially from the younger players. A fair result in the end.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even the Terminator can be destroyed. Stay tuned, because we will bring down Coquitlam.

OK I'll bite.

Care to make a wager on this fixtures outcome?

To stay on topic, all things considered, we deserved the 3 points tonight. Being up 1-nil at the half we certainly felt comfortable, but like most squads coming off of such an extended break over the holidays, we fell into the defensive shell approach. In turn Westside certainly had the lions share of possession in the 2nd half, and managed to get their equalizer late on, but fortunately for us, we didn't just sit back and hold on, but responded well and got our just rewards.

Felt good to get back out there, regardless of how poorly I played!

Looking forward to some Imperial Cup play...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach, instead of looking for weaknesses in metro Ford, be a better coach and find the weaknesses with the 3 teams that have more points than you in div1.

And the award for coaching without a clue goes to................ Soccercoach!
We have had. This is why be beat one and tied the other two. We have problems with the ones that are parking the bus. Rest assured that we will not do this with Coquitlam. We will play them as equal.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Likely a full round of games this weekend....?

I am out of time though so: Completely Baseless Predictions - SPEED ROUND

Croatia v Metro Ford
Both teams with a win to resume play last week. Croatia continues to bleed goals however, and, given the league leaders have only given up 4 on the season, this one should be a slam dunk for the Tri-Cities boys.

Rovers Tigers
v West Van
MOTW based on the fact that it's second vs. fourth, but realistically these teams do not have much to play for as the title is all but out of reach and Provincials are already practically secured. Last week Tigers were right back at it, bouncing back from a pre-Christmas loss to Coquitlam beating Columbus 3-1. Meanwhile, West Van were taking their turn losing to the league leaders. The last meeting was, at the time, a decent statement from Rovers to draw the second place team on the road. Now the tables have turned, literally, as it is now the Surrey lads in second and in form. Look for a home win in this one.

Pacific v Richmond
Perhaps not the pedigree of the previous match up, but this fixture is set to have much more ramification on the race for Provincials. Pacific have played a league low 11 games (technically Coquitlam have also only "played" 11, but really they've played 11.99 as their first meeting against Westside has only 4 or 5 minutes remaining) and the fixture list is starting to look crowded on the horizon. Richmond returned with a win last week while Pacific were again idle. If the rumors of reinforcements prove true, Pacific should take this one at home, but until there's some evidence I'll hedge my bets a call this one a draw.

Columbus v EDC
MASSIVE games for Columbus and their ever fading survival hopes. This is a must win and the true MOTW from a neutral perspective IMHO. EDC we're frozen out last week, while Columbus fell, yet again, at the hands of Tigers. I'll stand by my mid-season review prediction and say Columbus starts their drive to survive right here with a win. Should be a cracker as two desperate teams duke it out, or at least here's hoping!

North Delta v Inter
Inter continue to sputter in second gear; another loss to a Provincial berth rival at home last week. North Delta continue to be uninspiring however, as it seems the long lay off has failed to ignite any sort of survival instincts. Perhaps that will change this week, and a floundering Inter team would seem the perfect opponent for just that. I can't see it happening though, Inter to win, maybe even in spite of themselves.

Westside v Pegasus
It was a stunner in the reverse fixture as newly promoted Westside took all three points on the road in Surrey. I can't see that happening again though, as Peg are well into their second half charge. They are building to what should be a titanic clash vs. Coquitlam a week from now, I can't see them slipping up against Westside.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific 0 RFC 5

Not much to say about this one. We buried in the opening 5 minutes and then proceeded to go as dull as a butter knife and played some really sloppy stuff. Easily could have been down 2-1 after 30 minutes. We then potted 3 goals in the final five minutes of the half, which flattered us but essentially killed the game off.

I don't know what is happening in the Pacific camp, but they turned up to the pitch last night after 2 months since their last game with only 10 men. Going down to 9 to start the 2nd half, and only getting up to 11 because a couple U21 lads turned up after it was already 5-nil.

They're in trouble.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - are you drinkiong some w.t.f.juice ? Get your head out of the clouds and stop going into those pain clinics. the team you are in charge of is not at the top of your division and yet here you are dissecting the top team in premiere . Seriously ,my friend........go to the top of grouse mountain and get some good clean fresh air. I have seen your boys play and i have seen Metro Ford - you are so far apart in skill and class it is not even close. I guess it is ok to think and convince yourself you are,to each there own.I would day your team and north delta would give you a real good match with N.D. beating you. I think until you can win your division cleanly keep learning how to coach.stay thirsty my friend.......

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific 0 RFC 5

I don't know what is happening in the Pacific camp, but they turned up to the pitch last night after 2 months since their last game with only 10 men. Going down to 9 to start the 2nd half, and only getting up to 11 because a couple U21 lads turned up after it was already 5-nil.

They're in trouble.

Hmm...

Sounds like its not the first time Pacific have shown up short on numbers. With fixtures coming thick and fast, that's not a good problem to have.

I would have to suggest that a similar situation would spell trouble for a Monday night clash against the league leaders...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - are you drinkiong some w.t.f.juice ? Get your head out of the clouds and stop going into those pain clinics. the team you are in charge of is not at the top of your division and yet here you are dissecting the top team in premiere . Seriously ,my friend........go to the top of grouse mountain and get some good clean fresh air. I have seen your boys play and i have seen Metro Ford - you are so far apart in skill and class it is not even close. I guess it is ok to think and convince yourself you are,to each there own.I would day your team and north delta would give you a real good match with N.D. beating you. I think until you can win your division cleanly keep learning how to coach.stay thirsty my friend.......
My friend. If we meet Coquitlam, I know that the boys will beat them. As for on going learning, yes my friend, this is the beauty of the game. Every day you keep learning something and actually loving the game more. Losing or winning; at the end is a very nice experience. I guessed you will have to come and see how Campo players bring down the suburban Coquitlam boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0