Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be a strange year without Surrey United in the mix, any players from the team last year move on to another club in the VMSL?

Metro Ford are the defending league champs.

West Van
Metro Ford
Peg
Croatia
Pacific United
Inter
Langley FC
Chile
Richmond FC
Westside FC
Columbus
North Delta

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile may graduate some of its top U21 talent to its Premier team and that may help Chile move back to the top.
I have seen Zico coaching a group of ten to twelve U17 to U21 aged players at a park in New West many times this summer. These sightings have been accidental leading me to wonder if he is coaching all over the place on a full-time basis. This training is not mentioned on Chile's website so its something extra. I would imagine many of the players Zico has been training will end up playing for Chile.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be a strange year without Surrey United in the mix, any players from the team last year move on to another club in the VMSL?

Metro Ford are the defending league champs.

West Van
Metro Ford
Peg
Croatia
Pacific United
Inter
Langley FC
Chile
Richmond FC
Westside FC
Columbus
North Delta

We have a few surrey United players coming our way. Any others that want to join us because Umbro gear is shite please PM me.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Pacific United Premier went to Langley and joined with Millar.

Pacific United's spot is bought out by BC Tigers who will be represented by the Hurricanes.

Fcuk Me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Pacific United Premier went to Langley and joined with Millar.

Pacific United's spot is bought out by BC Tigers who will be represented by the Hurricanes.

Fcuk Me.
Seriously? WTF?

So BC Tigers have a spot in FVSL Premier AND VMSL Premier now?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? WTF?

So BC Tigers have a spot in FVSL Premier AND VMSL Premier now?

As far as I know, that is correct. I think that was one of the main reasons Hurricanes joined with BC Tigers for the Indo-Canadian Summer tournaments, so they could get funds for winter.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who says the VMSL can't be bought, when you got money anything can happen. I wish I made annually what the Tigers have for a yearly budget on buying spots and paying players!!

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who says the VMSL can't be bought, when you got money anything can happen. I wish I made annually what the Tigers have for a yearly budget on buying spots and paying players!!

Still can't wrap my head around this. It's not like you get return on your investment surely?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tipped Pacific to struggle this season. Their results last season seem to indicate they no longer had the resources to satisfy their traditional band of mercenaries. After the break up with CCB and a poor display last year, not surprised to see them consolidate with Langley.

With all this resurgence of "Tigers" I assume they are in no way any longer affiliated with the group that was taken over by Rinos??

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record the Tigers did not buy the spot. There was a transfer between WAB and the Tigers 4 years ago. No players will be paid this year I can't speak for the past but the boys are happy to have a home. And yes I was brought out of retirement by the players who sat me down. We have an excellent trainer this year and it will be a pleasure to watch Nick Soolsma and Cam Hundal playing together all season up from for the RTU Hurricane.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record the Tigers did not buy the spot. There was a transfer between WAB and the Tigers 4 years ago. No players will be paid this year I can't speak for the past but the boys are happy to have a home. And yes I was brought out of retirement by the players who sat me down. We have an excellent trainer this year and it will be a pleasure to watch Nick Soolsma and Cam Hundal playing together all season up from for the RTU Hurricane.

Forgive my ignorance:

-WAB = what?
-This transfer that occurred 4 years ago was what exactly?

So if I understand correctly:

Pacific, after breaking from CCB in a messy divorce that involved arguing over who exactly has control of a VMSL team spot, have collapsed. Whatever players looking to remain together have headed for Langley.

The vacant Prem spot is now property of BC Tigers who have recently popped up in the FVSL Prem. These Tigers are not affiliated in any way with the TIgers that are now under the Rinos flag. Level of Saudi involvement/financing for these Tigers TBD.

Concurrently, Langley Hurricanes have split with Hurricanes (formerly Punjab Hurricanes & Delta Hurricanes???) returning to their independence and representing the BC Tigers in VMSL Prem. Evidently Soolsma and Hundal will be part of the "Hurricane" portion leaving "Langley".

Am I in the ballpark? #Clusterfcuk

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're in the parking lot.

WAB is "What about Bob" (TTP handle) who was the President of Sapperton. WAB was ready to walk away and BC Tigers with a contract were transferred the spot 4 years ago. I can't explain the CCB aspect of it.

Soolsma and Hundal will be playing together with the RTU Hurricanes. RTU standing for Rovers Tigers United as per the transfer Agreement signed four years ago with WAB and the BC Tigers.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's interesting. From what I know, there was a struggle between BC Tigers and the current coaches of Pacific UTD as to who would get the spot. It was threatened with going to court as well. Doesn't seem so cut and dry. Interesting to see part of the agreement between Hurricanes and BC Tigers is having Tigers United in the name though. Crazy how they have one team in VMSL Premier and one in FVSL Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0