Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The laws of supply and demand don't always mean increased quality, agreed.

But, competition for the dollar will almost always weed out the, erm, weeds.

Still remember many moons back, playing against GN Sport when they were in the FVSL Premier, I ran a guy pretty hard. Easy yellow, maybe even a red in the views of many these days. WB goes to see if the player is OK, is assured he is, looks at me, and says in his best disappointed parent voice, "Dude, what were you thinking?"

No red. No yellow. But I felt shame, and kept it clean the rest of the game. :D
Makes up for the time I yelled at our left back to stop fcuking around and get focused, and you got the yellow for it, even after I told Tin Po you didn't say anything:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that wasn't shocking, knowing the official....

And it's our current lack of interest in officiating that keeps guys like him in it.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop, I am sorry but in my opinion your comment is out of place and think it is also disrespectful to all those people who have somehow been affected by this tragedy.

Sorry I was confused. I came to read about The Big MF vs Rovers Matchup this weekend and get @Canucks4Ever predictions only to be blindsided by your 2 tone Times Roman bold italic original post. So yes my comment was out of place but i was just following your lead.

Last edited:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I came to read about The Big MF vs Rovers Matchup this weekend and get @Canucks4Ever predictions

Ask and you shall receive:

Croatia v Columbus
Columbus are resurgent. They trounced Inter and then became the first team to take points off Coquitlam and now they face a team they are chasing at the edge of the relegation race. Croatia have won three of their last four and are doing their best to edge away from this relegation fight. After an incredible 6-4 over Pacific last week, Croatia will be confident in their ability to find goals in this one, but they have yet to keep a clean sheet. With the Italians surging, I'm not sure trading chances with them is the best recipe for success. This is a big one for the Columbus resurrection, they've got the momentum and I think they'll get the result this week as well.

Metro Ford v Tigers
MOTW as finally a crack in the Coquitlam armour has appeared. What a time then, for Rovers to come calling. Tigers find themselves in second place only three points behind Metro Ford after being undefeated since mid-October. Yes, Coquitlam have three games in hand, but a win for the Surrey crew would, at least aesthetically, give us the appearance of a title race. Metro Ford have gone nearly a month since their last proper win and perhaps a bit of apathy is setting in. Rovers Tigers were completely embarrassed in Week 2, 6-1, at the hands of Coquitlam and no doubt revenge is on the front burner. I just can't see the Tri-Cities boys bottling it, they've been on an absolute mission since the start of the season and I would bet on this refocusing them. It should be an absolute cracker, and I see Metro Ford have moved back to Town Centre, one assumes to avoid lighting issues. I'll have to take Coquitlam in this one, but we may just stumble into a title race!

Pegasus v Richmond
Two well matched mid table teams in a fixture that's tough to call. Richmond are unbeaten in five since back to back losses at the end of October. Peg have yet to get a real run going, but, having only played 10 games, it's still a bit early to get a good read on them. The Surrey lads have been traditional second half performers, and as we make the turn Peg seem to be on the up, winning three of four. Another win this week and they would start to have some traction on climbing the table. It was a draw when these teams squared off in Week 2, but I just feel that Peg will have that little bit extra this time out and maybe Richmond are due for a loss on their first of three second half trips to Surrey.

Inter v Chile
Well it's all gone pear shaped for Inter with three losses on the bounce, including a hammering at the hands of their Italian cousins. The Chileans have't exactly been a form team this season, but they do seem to come up with a win when they need one. Whoever loses this week risks being dragged into a relegation fight and I have to think Inter will be able to stop the rot before it comes to that. It was 4-3 to the Italians in round one of this fixture and I think they will be able to come up with the points again this time around.

North Delta v Pacific
It's getting very close to panic stations for North Delta. No wins since opening week, no points since October, no clean sheets on the season and only eight goals from 12 games. Nevermind, it's already time for panic stations. There is a chance of a lifeline this week though, as Pacific are one team North Delta could potentially catch. It might be a bridge too far, but a loss to the Surrey boys might just bury ND, even before the Christmas break. Pacific have been far from a powerhouse so far this year, but there is quality in the side. Given North Delta's penchant for giving up goals, certainly Pacific must be favourites this week. I think it all comes down to whether or not North Delta still have belief in their ranks. It just takes one good result to get things moving in the right direction, but I think Pacific will have the goal scoring pedigree to kick the South Fraser boys while they are down.

Westside v West Van
Westside have won two in a row at home and have a third home fixture in a row this week. West Van dusted off the Premier new boys with little effort back in Week 2 to the tune of 4-0, so it sets up as an intriguing fixture. West Van are off the pace just slightly after a pair of upset losses against Croatia and Chile. They have steadied the ship though, with a win (though not exactly convincingly) over North Delta and a draw last time out against Richmond. Westside, of course, have their "home field advantage" but West Van still have to be favourites I think. That being said, on form, I'll call this one a draw.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 3-0 Columbus
Croatia was full value for the win. Its small quick players excelled on the turf. Columbus's goalie kept the scoreline respectable. Columbus are missing Poli on the backline.
Gee had a very good game for Croatia. A Columbus player got a deserved red for a dirty tackle on Gee in the second half.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Came out of hibernation to go over to Musqeum to see the Westside/West Van game. Gotta say, not a super entertaining one to report on.

Both teams had a goal ruled out for offside in the first half and that's about as eventful as it got. Second half wasn't much better. West Van got their first goal about 10 mins into the half on what was either a mishit cross, a squibbed shot or some sublime shot placement; it was tough to tell. The West Van man put in a speculative effort that Westside seemed well enough positioned to deal with, but it just sort of carried into the top corner. Like I said I'm not sure if he meant it, or if it just worked out; either way, 1-0 to the visitors.

Then the game was settled after a two play sequence just after the half hour mark. Westside worked a nice move down the right wing before the cross was cut back for a tap in, but amazingly the attacker put it wide from inside the six. After the let off, on their next attack West Van put in a low shot from 20 or so yards out that the Westside keeper surely should have dealt with. Instead it got underneath him making it 2-0 and from their West Van just took the sting out of it.

Not the most entertaining one for the spectators in attendance, but a useful three points for West Van who had been stuck in second gear for the last couple of weeks.

LHE

Nov 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Report: Pacific vs North Delta. 3-2

Pacific started the game with 8 players. Yes you read that correctly. 8 Players. They defended well and managed to get scored on only once. 2 more Pacific players showed up and came on at about the 30 min mark. Pacific scored the tying goal within minutes. Keep in mind Pacific still only had 10 players at this point and it stayed that way. They finished the game with 10 as no one else showed up. 1-1 at half. Pacific took the lead in the second half to go up 2-1. Delta tied up the game with about 9 mins to play. Delta being up a player were pushing hard to get the winner without any luck. Good build up play by Pacific led to the winning goal with about 3 mins to play. The end.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Report: Pacific vs North Delta. 3-2

Pacific started the game with 8 players. Yes you read that correctly. 8 Players. They defended well and managed to get scored on only once. 2 more Pacific players showed up and came on at about the 30 min mark. Pacific scored the tying goal within minutes. Keep in mind Pacific still only had 10 players at this point and it stayed that way. They finished the game with 10 as no one else showed up. 1-1 at half. Pacific took the lead in the second half to go up 2-1. Delta tied up the game with about 9 mins to play. Delta being up a player were pushing hard to get the winner without any luck. Good build up play by Pacific led to the winning goal with about 3 mins to play. The end.

Wow, if that's an accurate account of the game (and no reason to think it wasn't at this point...) that has got to be the definition of demoralizing from an ND perspective. I mean I'm not saying there's no coming back from that but I'm not sure how you approach the next week/training after that.

LHE

Nov 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, if that's an accurate account of the game (and no reason to think it wasn't at this point...) that has got to be the definition of demoralizing from an ND perspective. I mean I'm not saying there's no coming back from that but I'm not sure how you approach the next week/training after that.

100% accurate. Asked a player, Pacific had a one off with player numbers. Injuries, vacations and the wait for university kids to join in. Hats off to them. Still managed to get 3 points. ND wasn't happy most notably the coach who lost his voice.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh - Shite happens.

I'm sure Lion, Bulljive & Co. won't be tripping over their lips this week and just moving on and forgetting about a frustrating game.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh - Shite happens.

I'm sure Lion, Bulljive & Co. won't be tripping over their lips this week and just moving on and forgetting about a frustrating game.

Sure, what else can you do, but I'm not sure it's that simple in the case. If you're midtable or the like, maybe you can go with "shite happens," but for a team that was desperate for a relegation lifeline to have an opponent, who was just on the other side of the safety line, show up with 8 guys it must have surely been a gift. To see that crumble in front of you would have to be testing of even the strongest psyche...

I am surprised by the struggles of ND, they have always been a top group of guys and, while this is a higher level than Div 1 and (arguably...) FVSL Prem, I did not see them as a bottom team. Maybe they can still regroup, but the odds are getting smaller and smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0