Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're in the parking lot.

WAB is "What about Bob" (TTP handle) who was the President of Sapperton. WAB was ready to walk away and BC Tigers with a contract were transferred the spot 4 years ago. I can't explain the CCB aspect of it.

Soolsma and Hundal will be playing together with the RTU Hurricanes. RTU standing for Rovers Tigers United as per the transfer Agreement signed four years ago with WAB and the BC Tigers.

Out of the curiosity, Is there a reason as to why they went back to RTU as the name? Agreement wasn't taken into factor last year when they played under Pacific United or the year before under CCB

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In simple terms, what happened is as follows:

Hurricanes and Pacific Utd traded spots. Pac. Utd joins Langley replacing Hurricanes. Hurricanes replace Pac. UTD who are vacating their spot.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the most important question of all... will RTU Hurricanes return to the mudpit that is Queen's Park Stadium? :gurps:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The contract was clear between Sapperton and the BC Tigers with witness', BC Soccer agreed. VMSL honored the decision, done deal, if the current coaches want to spend money on a court case it's their choice.

Why would it be crazy to have teams in both leagues?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The contract was clear between Sapperton and the BC Tigers with witness', BC Soccer agreed. VMSL honored the decision, done deal, if the current coaches want to spend money on a court case it's their choice.

Why would it be crazy to have teams in both leagues?

Has that ever happened before? 2 teams under the same club. One playing in VMSL Premier and one in FVSL Premier. Its like Peg having their VMSL Premier Team and entering a FVSL Premier, it just sounds crazy

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see it as an issue at all either. Though, Soccer Coach would say they might collude with each other if they played against one another in Provinicals lollll

West Van was the Under 21 team though, correct?

I guess I think its crazy cause Dasmesh and Hurricanes are the best teams in the Indian Summer Tournaments. Just surprised ones in FVSL Prem and the other in VMSL Prem

Soolsma also plays for Dasmesh in the summer instead of Hurricanes. Any chance of him playing for them in Winter?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF used to have a team in both as well back in the '90's with the Wolves in the VMSL and Monaco in the FVSL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who went to Metro Ford?
Little late to the party on this one but I heard it was Omari... I believe Stolo is next on his list to complete the Lower Mainland Cycle.

<insert suitcase smilie here>

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF used to have a team in both as well back in the '90's with the Wolves in the VMSL and Monaco in the FVSL.

If memory serves me correctly didn't they move Tayside over into Monaco's spot after Tayside went undefeated in div. 1 VMSL and beat the wolves in their opening tournament. Then they decided they would no longer support teams in both leagues.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought CMF Tayside were the old boys who had moved over to them from our club (Killarney at the time)...

But WTF do I know? Or did they actually field 2 teams with that name?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Tayside moved over at the time to become Poco Dominion in FVSL Premier, went undefeated there and then got thumped in the first round of the BCs by a VMSL team?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did one year in the Fraser valley as metro Ford then the club voted them out and they joined with poco. But I am sure they did get bounced in the first round like most Fraser valley clubs. But according to something I read about demographics that should change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0