Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just when I was worried Mr. Base had moved on to other things...relieved you're still here my friend.

In regards to your 7 leagued tier based system, Trece covers off many of the issues this would encounter in a Div 3 forum post. Certainly 6 years (assuming promotion every season) is in fact a career for many players, so the idea of entering a team at the bottom and working your way up is rather idealistic IMHO. It's tough enough going from Div 3 to Prem nevermind starting in Div 7. It would only encourage players to jump ship (as Trece also mentions about the current "instant gratification" generation). To clarify I'm not saying that it would be "impossible", just impractical and unlikely. Could a band of truly loyal friends and teammates beat the odds? Sure. Is it likely to be the norm? I have serious doubts.

Do I agree that recreational and competitive soccer need to be more well defined? Absolutley. But why try and fix an imperfect system with what seems to be a more imperfect system? I won't get into my opinions regarding how youth soccer should be overhauled at the recreational level, but I will say that the adult game is likely more difficult to alter than the youth system so the odds of sweeping change coming anytime soon seems minimal. Just be thankful Azzi heard the cries regarding 3 groups in Div 3 instead of Div 2.

Like you said all we can do is try to enjoy seeing a nice game every so often. And this year's premier division seems to have good parody again so maybe that will increase the odds of seeing those "nice games." After all that's why we play and post and debate right? It's all for the love of the game....well that and bashing Ayjal and their payment of players ;)

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stood between Base and Azzi yesterday while watching Chile beat Azzi's old club Metroford 2-1. Base had lots of advice for the Chile coach.
Habib and Rizal scored for Chile and both played well. Chile's goalie saved the win for his team with a stop of a hard shot at the 89 minute mark that was destined for his lower left corner. Said goalie covers the low parts of his net very well.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is going on with Inter? I thought they had picked up all these great players over the summer after their Imperial Cup and BCs runs. I assume they are waiting on UBC reinforcements, but what then of the players they picked up?

Regardless they would be well advised not to lose touch with the pack too much even this early...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is going on with Inter? I assume they are waiting on UBC reinforcements, but what then of the players they picked up?

It seems that a lot of teams are waiting for some university/college players reinforcement. Anyway, it looks that Inter and Olympics are already in danger of being relegated while ICST and West Van are the only two teams that will compete for the first place. It is quite early but the top and the bottom two have been set.

upload_2014-10-20_10-49-39.png

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics with 2 big upset over Surrey and west van last 2 weeks what's going on with them

Maybe Peg loaned them some players? The shock result for West Van is certainly a blow to their title credentials.

So resurgent Olympics are off the bottom and out of the relegation zone for the moment. Meanwhile Inter too have picked up points in 3 straight games....unfortunately that's only good enough for last place, go figure.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting results to date as we near the Xmas break.
Surprise #1, ICST in first place, being chased by only Westvan.
Surprise # 2, Columbus, CCB and Surrey United fighting to avoid the second relegated spot.
Surprise # 3, Langley enduring a losing record and allowing 32 goals against.
Surprise #4, few reports on TTP about VMSL Premier.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
has this been the most boring premier league campaign to date? no parody in the league, i think the standing are the same as they were in week 4. the discussion on TTP has to be at an all time low. maybe too many 19 year olds wearing mittens and not enough team coolers being devoured?

something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0