Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Pre-Game predictions - Where has all the HoS bashing gone?

What would you like to see most on TTP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone care to break the code of VMSL silence and make a few predictions known?

Metro Ford vs. Croatia

Metro Ford where second best on side B heading into the break at 3-0-2 giving themselves a 5 point gap from cellar dweller Peg and a game in hand.

Vs.

Croatia was one of the hottest teams in the league as HoS posted elsewhere heading into the extended time out. They managed to get at least 1 point in their last 5 with a very respectable 3 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses...

Khalsa vs. Clan Bus.

Khalsa is a stunning :)rolleyes: ) 0-0-5 in the last 5. 17 goals against and a whopping 4 for. The stuff of legends. I hear Rick Titas, JJ and Oliver have a few mates on Khalsa and would probably love to kick the ball around with them again. Perhaps next season. Cheaque please.

Vs.

Clan- Bus was 2 wins and 3 loses heading into the break. Not bad, but not great for a fairly young side. There is no doubt they've kept themselves fit for the first game back.

Peg vs. Sapperton

Peg limped into the holidays with a paltry 1-1-3 record. Hardly a shadow of the same team that just won the Nationals. National Champs to National Chumps? Is it possible we'll see another top quality side fall off the map like Indo, Croatia and Firemen have in the past?

Vs.

Sapperton. Charity off the field but not exactly on. Sap were 3-0-2 and have pulled themselves away from all the early season relegation talk.

Trollups vs. Surrey United

Trollups could only manage 2 of a possible 15 points from their last 5 (0-2-3). Anyone else notice they're always the fastest out of the gate but falter to mediocrity come the second half? Anyone else notice how nice a silk teddy feels against your bottom? Just seeing if you're still with me.

Vs.

Surrey United were a league best 4-1-0. We trained twice a day over the break and signed 3 new players to bolster out depth chart to 53. We also built a mission in Uganda, saved a burning village in Zaire and after they finished naming a rain forest after us we spent a week serving frozen fish sticks to the local kids in Alaska. They've never had cold fish before. (Still, just checking)

Inter vs. Firetown

Inter were 3-1-1 The Wops are tops. Smatter for you?

Vs.

Firetown - a below average end to the first half at 1-2-2. The opportunity to lock up side B early slipped through their fingers or was it animals fingers everything slipped through? Put down the bucket of chicken lad and get you're self in the game.

Westside vs. AFC

Surrey's best young prospect posted 3 shut-outs for Westside but has taken his skills off to Scotland for a trial. (Indecent exposure, I bet) I'm not sure who Westside has to replace him? I doubt their youth keeper system can be as deep as their player system going by the fact Westside cycles through premier keepers at the rate of 1 every 46.5 years. They were 2-1-2 in the last 5.

Vs.

AFC sucked. 1-1-3. The training wheels fell off and they fell down and went boom with a thud. That can't be easy. Remember when they were in first with a 4-0 record? Me either.

Sporting vs. Burnaby

Sporting seems to love to choke away games and hand Surrey the league lead every year. 2-1-2 in the last five and squeaked out a few of those by a c-hair.

Vs.

Burnaby I-Ties. What a shock, BBY drew 3 of the last 5. Rumor has it HoS may have signed the forms to help Burnaby with all those nasty ties... Though I'm not sure losses are going to help with much. Look what they've done for Khalsa. Millar is a bag of dicks. Did anyone make it this far?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Pre-Game predictions - Where is all the HoS bashing gone?

i'm predicting (hoping) yet another ppd for anything on vancouver fields next weekend.
westside has had a rigorous schedule during this extended break. we're even going to step it up this week and train before we go to the pub.
been pretty quiet on the transfer front....haven't heard of any blockbuster moves in premier. westside has lost a couple vets (chiasson to div 1) and rob hall to croatia as well as the disappointing loss of our keeper to a scotland trial. however we have seen the return of a couple younger lads that will help the cause. as for the keeper, we're hoping besty will be back for a provincial run :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CS,

Do you have any predictions when Rob Hall will make his way over to Pegasus? Is he looking to tie the alltime VMSL record for teams played for, currently co-held by Larsson, Rod 'suitcase' Ramsey and Geoff 'look out HOS' Ayebonte (sp?)?

:D

My predictions are that no games get played again except for those scheduled for turf... but just for giggles:

Croatia
Clan-bus
Peg
Slurrey
Inter
Westside
Burnaby/Sporting TIE

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Old Reggy, I don't even think the turf pitches will be ready for action. Was down at the Burnaby Lake turf this morning, and it is under water. No I am guessing that no water is draining because the pitch is still frozen, but if the small drainage pipes under the pitch are frozen solid, then it could be a good week before any soccer can be played on them.
Regs LOL, when you mention Rody Ramsey, he is our asst. coach this year, and he has started a few games up from for us, didn't do too bad for a 42 year old. The guy has played eveywhere.

hos

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can't believe it took six years of TTP (sorta) before Ramsey's name was finally mentioned. :wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Croatia was one of the hottest teams in the league as HoS posted elsewhere heading into the extended time out. They managed to get at least 1 point in their last 5 with a very respectable 3 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses...

Khalsa is a stunning :)rolleyes: ) 0-0-5 in the last 5. 17 goals against and a whopping 4 for. The stuff of legends. I hear Rick Titas, JJ and Oliver have a few mates on Khalsa and would probably love to kick the ball around with them again. Perhaps next season. Cheaque please.

All will turn around very soon. Croatia caught on fire and Khalsa went to shitt at the time of the BIG transfer of Tommy Babic (5 games ago). Apperantly, he hasn't won in Premier this year, and if you go back to the last time Croatia was in Premier, he didn't win that year either. Those stats make me look good.

Well, Mighty Khalsa has sent Tommy back to Croatia, in exchange for Khalsa forgiving all past beer debts that Croatia has.

With these big events, plus a few other BIG signings, I am sure that the OLD Croatia will be back.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jesus, Babic does get around doesn't he? I can't believe Croatia would take him back. How many other rats are jumping Khalsa's sinking ship?
HoS said:
Those stats make me look good.
You have 31 goals against in 12 games. Your next closest opponent in that category, Peg, has only 9 points this year, but are still 7 clear of you. The only thing that will wipe out your stats, is a Tsunami.

Croatia
Clan-Bus
Sapp.
Surrey
Inter
AFC
BBY

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

our keeper is back from scotland and was at training tonite. just in case you need any further help coming to your senses.
i see one vancouver game has already been shifted to bby turf. our game is toast unless it is moved.
trollups1slurrey1

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I didn't think he was old enough to go to the pub yet. What did he do, use Jamo's ID? I won't believe you until he shows up at our practice on Thursday.

This indeed may changes things...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently there is a Cam Wilson who has been included in Mitchell's pool of 22 players that are training in Florida in prep for the next round of the U20 championship qualifying. Rumours also that this same Cam Wilson may be off to England to puruse a career.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV,

Predictions please, not rumours. There is a thread for rumours elsewhere I believe.

Thanks,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cam will be playing for Bristol's youth side for the remainder of the season. Hos, you remember Cam don't you? You saw 2 of his shots go by you and into the net. Then for fun he went around you with the ball and into the net and if I remember right after that, you went into the net... to hide.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, I remember that punk. I kicked him once, but I guess it wasn't hard enough, because he just got up and started running faster and faster. Good little player, but on that night, even knvb could have scored (if he could evr hit the net) with the way that Khalsa team played. Good luck to the kid in Bristol, I am sure the keepers over there will kick him even harder than I did.

hos

Predictions:

MetroFord - Croatia have Tommy back.
Khalsa- We have 2/3 of the Biggest Suitcases in the league.
Peg- They have the Top Sr. Coach in BC
Trollers- They will win, and the Carphins will make knvb thier Biatch.
Inter- Do they still have that Harmse kid?
AFC- This Tropical Storm that we are getting will bring this AFC team back to life; you can put the mittens away boys, winter is over.
Burnaby- They will not lose a game, so you got to go with them.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
as predicted, westside vs. afc game is cancelled. i'm sure that trend is going to continue with shitty weather in the forecast unless the league decides to move vancouver games in the future (if that is possible).

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally we got cancelled while the majority of the league is playing. We are usually left with 3 to 6 weeks off at the end of the season while we wait for the rest of the league to catch up. Stupid Turf!!! :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Rovers "A" vs Surrey United "A" Bby. Lake West # 2 -- Sat/3.00pm

I see WAB didn't fancy the drive to Surrey. What a wonderful choice to play on the parking lot BBY calls a turf pitch instead of playing at one of the best new turf facilities around.

Sounds like knee shattering, back clenching fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0