Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...second or third weekend...our first round will be over by then. Have fun trying to get to parks in Vancouver during the Olympics or is the league "shutting(no pun intended)down for the two weeks?

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked over last year's cup thread and we started play the second weekend of the month.

That would mean games on the Friday night - Olympic Opening Ceremonies?

Good luck getting to an 8PM kickoff anywhere in the city without driving for 2 hours I bet...

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw is this Monday night.

From what I remember, cup play starts 2nd or 3rd weekend in February - I would gues the weekend of the 19/20/21.

Regs how do the play-offs work? There are 10 teams in the first round... 2nd round will have 5 teams remaining which makes sense. With 5 teams left who gets the bye, etc? Or is that all part of the draw i suppose?

Thks

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs how do the play-offs work? There are 10 teams in the first round... 2nd round will have 5 teams remaining which makes sense. With 5 teams left who gets the bye, etc? Or is that all part of the draw i suppose?

Thks

There is more than ten teams to start with because teams from division 1 masters may enter also

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think only 2 div 1 teams didn't enter the A cup so there are 18 teams all together.

With 18 teams, the first weekend of cup play would/should only see 2 games and then the following weekend would have all 16 teams left playing.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it would be a silly thing for us to play during the Olympics. What is the rush??? Take the two weeks off. Big deal!!! Anyways, I am at the Molson Hockey House every weekend. Then I am catching the false creek ferry over the athlete's village for my accommodation. Sir M, can you help??

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it would be a silly thing for us to play during the Olympics. What is the rush??? Take the two weeks off. Big deal!!! Anyways, I am at the Molson Hockey House every weekend. Then I am catching the false creek ferry over the athlete's village for my accommodation. Sir M, can you help??

Yes - he is out buying you scuba gear now ...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

BRM 5-0 Metro Ford

1-0 at the half but I'd say we were fortunate to be on top. We cleared one of the line and they had a free header that went of the post.

Second half was one way traffic.

All we can do is win now and hope for some help.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 6 Wickam 1

I want to give a shout out to Eagles and thank him for the shooters tonight at Mosquito Creek. Wickam battle hard but lacked creativity and played the long ball all night. Kevin scored a couple and I think he has 20 for the season.
Cheers!

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - WV 0
Good hard fought battle by both teams last night. A typical old school game with lots of hard, solid tackles, and lots of skill. It sure was nice to play on grass. I think it is fair to say that if that was on turf there would not have been as many tackles. The grass just gives so nicely. Fair result as both teams had their chances. I just wish the officiating could have kept up with the play. Terrible.

Looks like the race down the stretch is turning out to be a tight one. WV has two games left SAPP and Columbus both have four. None of those remaining games is a gimme. Looking forward to the final results for the league standings..
Games remaining:
WV : Columbus, Cliff
Sapp: Westside (2),Columbus,Surrey
Columbus: WV, Sapp, Metroford, Westside

No real easy games. Westside could do some damage like they always do. They always seem to turn it down the final stretch. What is up with that.
Sorry if I have made any mistakes regarding these final games

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WB, Planks is jussssttt kidddiinngg:). What was Eagles doing at Mosquito Creek after he no-showed at the game?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M...WB knows you're kidding....he managed to take in the last half of our game and of course took part in the after game festivities.

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that mathematically seals Cliff Ave's fate for next season - in theory anyways.

It also puts RFC out of our reach to catch in the standings - well, we can tie them but they hold the head-to-head advantage.

Soooooo, to the RFC lads - please kick the shite out of the Pork Chops next weekend!

No offence to the Pork Chops of course.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0