Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March/April and now May and maybe June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters, Results and Banter, March 2007

Scotty.. It wasn't Rene. I am not sure of his name. We have had this guy twice though and both times he just seems completely out of his league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene is in Australia right now on a holiday I think - perhaps visiting with Gil :)

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 2 Inter 0
I thought Columbus controlled the who flow of the game. The back line played very well, Danny and Double D were monsters on defence. Upfront Batista scored the first goal catching Zambrano finishing his biscotti. Carlos was a threat all game and looked in fine form. For some reason Inter did not play with any sense of urgency, they looked tired, pulling players and putting them back in, they made at least 10 subs.

Looking forward to play against Dickens Side'm and the rest of the boys . SCK like to hear your thoughts of the game and if you ant I have some 2 for 1 at Rupert pitch and put coupons.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 3 - WV 4

We were lucky to be up 3-0 at half. WV had 76% of the play but we did feel that WV was suspect at the back and that the counter attack was there. 2 goals on the counter put us up by 3.

No subs in the 2nd half did us in. The D was tired (evident on the 2nd goal) and putting Dave in the mid for more controlling play was a smart move by WV. Also using Ollie more was key as WV finally got results through mid-field play.

But after 2 pretty questionable PKs for WV, how stupid was the keeper to actually challenge me on the 68-32 ball? Why bother coming out at all? I had him completely beat but he still came out close enough to me that I could engage some contact. Easy PK call. Should have been 4-4.

There is no way Sapp will lose their remaining league games. Now that open Prem Sapp is out of BC contention, 4 players will be playing the rest of the league games to help secure a Provincial spot.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Okay you secure a spot and then what.......Nice to see where your priorities were all season.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

By that time we'll have Scotty, Brian & Gary Donald, and Gord Sanders all back for BC's. Priorities are still the same, but Sapp has been undermanned ever since our game against Inter.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who do you guys play in the your last two games? Also if you guys win your last two games you will be tied with Columbus with 30 points. How will they determine who finished 3rd?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

PCOV (if they show up) and Rich U. Since the late 90's, the VMSL has always determined tie breakers via a playoff. Back in the late 90's, 3 teams were tied for relegation. All three played a a round robin schedule to break the tie. If it's between us and Columbus to determine which team makes the Provincials, then a playoff game would be league policy. If there was 2nd place money on the line, the money would be split.

Once in 93 Club I tied Metro Ford for first, but Azzi actually gave MF first based on more wins during the season, not head-to-head. In that situation, Club I would have won. Hmmm....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why would Azzi be to blame in 1993?

Gil was prez back then ... :confused:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is that why Rene is vacationing in Australia?...WAB...undermanned...we've played that way for 80% of our games with no CAT players to call upon to "save" us..(reality is we are not CAT affiliated with any team)....don't us the undermanned senario...everyone has been this year..that's why it's an O35 league..

Cheers!

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell said:
09-30-2006
someone needs to tell RENE

Scottyshell said:
10-01-2006
Talking to him....you'd get a better response from a soccer ball...at least you could understand it then.

Scottyshell said:
11-04-2006
Rene is an idiot...

Scottyshell said:
yesterday
Who was the ref???? Rene???

Very nice posting coming from a "PROFESSIONAL" Firefighter. hmmm good evidences too, maybe it can be show ...I liked the second and third one. :eek: ;)

Mr. Rempa

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
Why would Azzi be to blame in 1993?

Gil was prez back then ... :confused:
I thought this site was about criticizing Azzi for everything under the sun. Well. I'm sure Azzi had something to do with it:rolleyes: ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell said:
WAB...undermanned...we've played that way for 80% of our games with no CAT players to call upon to "save" us..(reality is we are not CAT affiliated with any team)....don't us the undermanned senario...everyone has been this year..that's why it's an O35 league..

Cheers!

Shell, re-read the post prior to mine. I was questioned about where our priorities are. I just stated that our goal is to make the provincials and compete for the cup. We have had a significant slump over the last couple of months and we feel we deserve to be in the cup. Now if this means us playing over 35 years of age guys to make it, then so be it. We use the CAT system to the fullest and in the end I hope it pays off for Sapp.
The fact is every team is undermanned throughout the season, we are just trying to minimize the hit we take. No excuses here.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mr.Rempa...anyone who has played a game with Rene as the ref knows full well that I only spoke the truth...ok...embellished alittle and I did tone down what I'd really like to say..but I'd get bleeped...all that harassment training I had.

WAB...don't get me wrong...didn't say you were making excuses...just saying we've all been in the same boat.

Cheers!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene is a great Ref. I just wish he would stop singing Tony Orlando songs at Cougar Kareoke. :)

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Speaking of refs - at SFU on Friday we had a blonde women doing our game ... we were worried that she would overdo it but after one yellow it seemed to go fine .. actually she was one of teh best refs we have had this year. If we get a terrible ref when we play Surrey that will really suck.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bob
I am not sure about the 68-32 ball you supposedly had. I think it was more of a Oscar winning performance. Either way, The noose around Paco's neck sealed the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0