Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Premier Results, Banter, Predictions 2020-2021

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year's lineup for VMSL Masters Premier is as follows:

Westside FC M A
Norvan FC M A
PCOV M A
ICSF Columbus M A
Port Moody Rangers
SFC Pegasus M TU
West Van FC M
FC Romanian M A
Club Inter EDC M

Looks like Port Moody has come over from FVSL in a decision made by VMSL Executive. I don't know what that does to FVSL or BCs spots if there is a BCs. Also it looks like Croatia from last year have either folded or merged with their Div 1 Masters Team. West Van are defending champs, and Westside and Romania avoided relegation. The league goes ahead it looks like starting on September 25 with some sort of tournament format which is kind of optional sort of. More to follow I guess...lots to talk about.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Croatia I am curious to find out what was the decision not to register a team. It is surprising because despite finishing 7th last year they were quite competitive pretty much throughout the season. When they have everyone out they can beat every team. Hopefully we'll see them back.

I doubt they will amalgamate with the Div 1 Masters Team as the Div 1 team has plenty of players and even if they amalgamate why not stay in Premier?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in a span of 4 days West Van went from "not participating" to participating, but forfeiting the first game.

Indeed lots to talk about @Sir M

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 in the 60th. But ran out of gas. they had fresh legs coming on in the last 30 and it showed. Pomo is deep and well organized. Will be fun to play them with a sub or two. 40 years old and playing 90 on cement turf is for the fit lean bodies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Peg handled Port Moody out at Port Moody last night, 2-1. I think that is Port Moody's first loss in a very long time...

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus and Pegasus tied last night; this follows a Columbus - Port Moody tie last week. Thus far EDC Inter are unblemished at 4-0-0, Peg is also undefeated but with only one win and three ties, and then teams like Columbus, PCOV, Westside and FVSL Champs Port Moody are all at .500. Norvan is yet to scratch out a point, but they are usually late bloomers anyway...no CAT probably is hurting them more than others. Interesting game tomorrow where EDC and PCOV square off at Empire.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are there "playoffs" in the masters prem division?

1604765715830.png
How many games does a team in each cohort group play?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think each team plays the other team in their group twice, so that round-robin is done this weekend. Then next weekend is off re Remembrance Day, then the week after that the top two in each cohort qualify for the semis and then the finals and there is a 3rd/4th place game. The 3 remaining teams play some sort of round-robin with eachother...all of this of course involves expanding the team's bubble. Once the finals etc are done (early Dec) in this Cohort thing, the league wants to reintroduce last's year's (nothing to do with Cohort stuff) Masters Cup semi-finals on December 11, and then the Master's Cup final on December 18, same with the Imperial Cup. All of this is subject to Covid not shutting anything down, etc.

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like PCOV upset Inter last Sunday, but then were upset by Westside yesterday. Port Moody got a win over Peg 2-1 on Saturday, squaring their Covid Cup matches one and one. So, it looks like on Group A it finishes Port Moody First, Peg second...Columbus pays or their shorthanded loss in week one with not qualifying for the semis. On the other side, EDC Inter finishes on top and Westside finishes a surprise second to go to the semis from the B side.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0