Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Westvan 2

painful game for all involved. shite pitch, shite football. at the end of the day, can have no complaints on the final score, despite being up 2-0. outfield players in net for us were our men of the match. richmond lads did us a favour drawing columbus. thanks kippax ;). next week i'm sure will be a test...looking forward to it.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Westvan 2

painful game for all involved. shite pitch, shite football. at the end of the day, can have no complaints on the final score, despite being up 2-0. outfield players in net for us were our men of the match. richmond lads did us a favour drawing columbus. thanks kippax ;). next week i'm sure will be a test...looking forward to it.

Animal will be man marking you next week, since Dancing bear won't be there

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Westvan 2

Smallsy your really not going to give Kippax credit are you? We were down 1-0 ...He didnt step on the field, and he had to leave in the 70th minute with shortness of breath and chest pain... thank goodness he got taken away by ambulance...... :))))))))))

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy your really not going to give Kippax credit are you? We were down 1-0 ...He didnt step on the field, and he had to leave in the 70th minute with shortness of breath and chest pain... thank goodness he got taken away by ambulance...... :))))))))))

your a muppet

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On transfer deadline day, must feel that he has some new signings that will put them over the top :)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham defeated Surrey Utd 4-2 last night.

They sure did. We were down 2-0 at the half. Battled back to tie it 2-2. And the bizarro season continued. Some quick thoughts:

- The referee was excellent. Sincerely. Good job!
- We created tons of chances
- We converted on a very low percentage of them
- Wickham worked their butts off
- Wickham can really kick the ball far and long
- Wickham strikers are really good at chasing long balls, having them hit them in the back, while chasing, and falling just perfectly in line while leaving a couple of pretty good SU defenders wondering where the ball went
- William Griffin turf is nice and hard is really pretty at 9:00 PM on a Friday night, with the rain/snow storm making it's usual appearance
- I love changing by the creek/river/brook/stream
- Wickham are very humble, nice guys and it's quite consoling to hear them say, "There is a reason why we are at the bottom of the table", when one of their guys pounds the ball down the pitch and we all play fetch. Yes, it is quite consoling when we hear this while we are losing 4-2. :rolleyes::)
- We are pretty good at making other teams look pretty good
- We actually played a good game and enjoyed it
- Wickham had a drunk striker that Marini and I recognized as the guy who got kicked out and handcuffed at a Whitecap's/LA Galaxy game for singing rude Victoria Beckham/Spice Girl's songs. He ran like he was still handcuffed. But he is a 4-2 winner and Marini and I are losers.
- No beverages in the blizzard after the game
- I headed lots of balls on Friday night and didn't get a headache
- I had a SU executive dinner at Cloverdale raceway before the game and left my wife there so I could rush to our game because we were short on bodies as usual. Thought I'd play a quick few hands of Blackjack while I was scurrying off and proceeded to lose $200.00 in 7 minutes. No worries, a nice game at William Griffith would take care of my angst. :rolleyes:
- Lot's of really talented drivers on the upper level highway helped me calm down before the game. :rolleyes:
- My new pickup truck is really good on gas and I love driving to North Van. :rolleyes:

I would do it all again. :)

It was a great night and I am sincerely looking forward to the next game. ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, I am pretty sure the Wickham striker you are referring to is the AntiFan...

And I am absolutely serious...

Sir M

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cerebral

Man City-Spurs
Man U- Arsenal
Patriots-Ravens
Giants-49ers

Are you sure the field is playable?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to both teams!!! Too bad Kippax! Hopefully it gets cancelled for you cause it'sonna bea great day for sports.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So as this week shakes out, the most interesting games will involve teams in the second relegation spot zone.

The current standings look like this:

1. Westside 41 points 0 games remaining.
2. Columbus 37 points 1 game remaining.
3. PCOV 31 points 1 game remaining.
4. West Van 29 points 3 games remaining.
5. Metro Ford 29 points 1 game remaining.
6. Sapperton 22 points 4 games remaining.
7. Richmond 14 points 1 game remaining.
8. 22 Ave. 12 points 1 game remaining.
9. Surrey Utd. 8 points 3 games remaining.
10. Wickham 7 points 1 game remaining.

So it looks like Westside has won the league (Congratulations to Westside:bronco:) and Wickham is being relegated:(. There is an outside chance for Sapp or Metro Ford to make the top 4 automatic BC qualification spots but they will have to win outright and get some help.

So this week's fixtures are interesting and are as follows (all Friday night games):

PCOV at Columbus (if PCOV wins they are almost surely automatically in the BCs, Columbus is already in...a tie makes things interesting).
Sapperton at Metro Ford (both teams need a win to still be eligible to automatically qualify...arguably MOTW).
Surrey United at 22nd Ave. (this one is MOTW, as these two are battling to avoid relegation with Richmond).
West Van at Wickham (this is a Derby match).

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU vs 22nd ave is a huge game tonight. Will SU be able to gain some pride back and get a full team out to East Van and hopefully have some depth on the bench tonight? SU has a crazy chance to still stay up after their train wreck year. Mind you with a win tonight they would still need a way to get at least one point from either Sapperton or WV which is no easy task. Would make it exciting for the division though if it happens! 22nd ave wins they will be secured in the top division for next year and there is alot of rumours swirling about the players they may pick up from current top teams in the league for next year!!:p

looking forward to the PCOV Columbus match tonight. Columbus will not want to be starting off the New Year with back to back losses! PCOV will want to prove that they are one of the contenders this year and what better way to prove it then to beat Columbus! A few PCOV players reminded me this week how they took 4 points off of Westside, this year's League Champs!:simper:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few PCOV players reminded me this week how they took 4 points off of Westside, this year's League Champs!:simper:

Did a few of them also remind you this week how they took zero points off West Van, this year's Western Canadian Champs! I am sure Fantubby was the first to remind you of that stat.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags that's because you never seen the pitch. I do remember when you used to see the pitch. Just After Goal Scored, hence the meaning of JAGS.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually JAGS is now playing and is scoring goals with the Flying Horses, who by the way if they win tonight will clinch promotion to Div 1.

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0