Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's games:

Friday eve:

Romania at Sapperton
PCOV at Columbus
West Van at Wickham
Westside at Richmond

Sunday:

Surrey Utd at KLM Alemania

A few relatively harmless suspensions sprinkled through teams like SU, Columbus, PCOV and Westside this week, but the big suspension is #2 in the league scoring Sorin Cimbrea, who has 8 of the team's 17 goals thus far this year.

Thoughts/predictions?

Sir M

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's games:

Friday eve:

Romania at Sapperton
PCOV at Columbus
West Van at Wickham
Westside at Richmond

Sunday:

Surrey Utd at KLM Alemania

Thoughts/predictions?

Sir M

I can't see Queens being open after all the rain/snow so I predict Sapp/Rom will be ppd.
Columbus won't have any problems with the porkchops...4-1
WV will bring their north shore counterparts back to reality....3-0
Richmond is gonna come to play and will tie Westside. 1-1
If the Sunday match goes ahead I think the Germans may muck one out....3-2

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like I'm already 0-1...the Sapp game is moved to Van Tech, even though Queens Park is open? WAB apparently likes his odds against the Romanians better on turf!
I'll take Sapp by at least 4.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see Queens being open after all the rain/snow so I predict Sapp/Rom will be ppd.
Columbus won't have any problems with the porkchops...4-1
WV will bring their north shore counterparts back to reality....3-0
Richmond is gonna come to play and will tie Westside. 1-1
If the Sunday match goes ahead I think the Germans may muck one out....3-2

The actual results were as follows:

Columbus 2 PCOV 1
West Van 3 Wickham 1
Westside 2 Richmond 1
Sapperton 7 Romania 5 (wow)
Surrey Utd 3 KLM 1 (I think)

Sir M

No_soup_for_you

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
On somehow other topic, very interesting to see how in the wide open goal scoring race, some contenders can produce without even dressing up for their teams!!! (Not that is something wrong with that).
But again, this is easy to understand in a league where manager's honest input takes precedence over referee's reports (what reports? mind you, when even red cards don't count too often and you're fined for imaginary reasons, like corner flags dropping from the wind:):):))
Any comments? (let's randomly pick WAB for this one).

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On somehow other topic, very interesting to see how in the wide open goal scoring race, some contenders can produce without even dressing up for their teams!!! (Not that is something wrong with that).
But again, this is easy to understand in a league where manager's honest input takes precedence over referee's reports (what reports? mind you, when even red cards don't count too often and you're fined for imaginary reasons, like corner flags dropping from the wind:):):))
Any comments? (let's randomly pick WAB for this one).

No_Soup....WAB would be the only dishonest manager that would try to have one of his players win the Masters scoring title! :rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCORING RACE

I think the change in the scoring race from week to week even when a player has not played is because of the slow reporting of scorers to the league administrator.
The league sends out emails asking for scorers that are missing for game reports (Romania didn't report for over a month - 3 games were missing dating back to November). Sapperton did not report until after the new Year regarding scoring in the December PCOV game. Hence Alex's goal was not reported until Jan.
The corner flag (C-F to the league) issue is a joke. They insist on putting teams on turf a Bby Turf and the facility supplies the C-F and nets, yet the staff are late putting up the flags and the team gets fined. I'm going to start jabbing our grass C-Fs into the turf from now on. Perhaps we'll destroy the turf, get kicked off the fields, and end up being forced to play on grass - not a bad idea.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BD to SU was no surprise. To play along side his brother again was the reason. Also no bridges to contend with if you want a cold one after practice or games.
They're all douches out at SU so wanting to hang around those turds would definitely not be the reason for going. Turds.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCORING RACE

BTW, I couldn't give shite about who "wins" the scoring race in Masters. For some goofs I guess this is all you have left on this earth.

Go Bunny Go!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 7 - Romania 5

Fcuked up game.....we were scoring at will....so were they. Very little marking on both sides and some great goals. Back and forth the entire night. Probably a good game to have after a 4 week break for Sapp.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United vs Sapp is cancelled this weekend. All Surrey grass fields are closed. Can someone from Sapp confirm they have recieved this message?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
putting teams on turf a Bby Turf and the facility supplies the C-F and nets, yet the staff are late putting up the flags and the team gets fined

Last time I worked at Bby Lake it wasn't stated that staff had to put the corner flags on the fields. It was the staff job though to have corner flags out by the office if teams were wanting to use the corner flags!!:confused:

I'm going to start jabbing our grass C-Fs into the turf from now on. Perhaps we'll destroy the turf, get kicked off the fields, and end up being forced to play on grass

I'm sure most guys would rather play on grass anyways, instead of the concrete turf at Bby lake.:D

fireball17

Jul 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV wins 1-0 against Richmond....the score is not indicative of the way the game was played....WV had at least 75% of the possession, but Rich works extremely hard and didn't make it easy to put the game away. Westside next week....finally!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV wins 1-0 against Richmond....the score is not indicative of the way the game was played....WV had at least 75% of the possession, but Rich works extremely hard and didn't make it easy to put the game away. Westside next week....finally!

Shokarball 17, your obviously delelrious....... Wv Solid team... Good win....

What was the score with Romania vs Columbus....????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0