Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Div 3 - Predictions and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Christmas break upon us it looks to be a 2 horse race for pomotion and the top teams couldn't be much closer. Tied in points, tied in goals for, and only a single goal separates goals against. Thankfully we still have a game in hand but we'll need to win that game!! With 2 games left against each other and both of us with one more against the Siaron spoilers, it should prove to be an interesting finish to the season. Enjoy the break, heal up those old bones, and see you in the New Year.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bump.

Results:

Spurz 3 Maplewood 1. Wee Marley with the hatty.
Falconetti's 4 Goonz 2
Norvan another squeaker over Siaron
Astro still on vacation.

Us back to vacation for next weekend. Still a mathematical chance to steal a promo spot, but we have to win everything we've got left and hope that either Norvan or Falconetti's have a meltdown. In other words, NFL.:( Will have to be next year's team...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broken hip for one of the Siaron defenders in the game against us. Not sure of the recovery process for that type of injury but hope it goes smoothly for him!!

Onto Falconetti's next week at a field with much better lighting than Andy Livingston. Should be a good game!!

Nice win for you guys Trece!!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Picks for the week...

Norvan over Falconetti 4 - 1 (maybe my biased opinion has some impact on this prediction, should be MOTW though)
Siaron over Astro 3 - 1 (assuming Siaron are able to field a team.....)
Dragons over Maplewood 3 - 2 (on the sloppy pitch in North Van...quality football is rare in div 3 masters and on the grass will be even rarer!)

Good luck to all, no broken hips this week!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Win for us definitely didn't hurt.

Agreed with you on MOTW. May come out to see this one. We're hoping that Astro takes points from Siaron; that helps us get clear of them. Sorry to hear about the guy with the broken hip (ouch!!); what kind of play did that result from?

Goonz vs Maplewood may not get played if it actually snows up there.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Innocent enough play where their defender and our forward collided. D man had a leg extended and got spun around on his planted pivot foot which didn't turn with his body!! Good thing I'm slow enough to avoid any contact with forwards..... Maybe see you tonight if you make it out!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I missed you guys; Quinze Verde's birthday so he decided he wanted to go out for dinner. Ended up buying a family dinner instead of watching a game... whatcha gonna do?

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st half was pretty even, an own goal by them in the first minute always helps but then play was relatively even for the remainder of the half. I know I'm biased but think we missed the better chances! 2nd half saw us using our much bigger bench to our advantage. They were missing some players and didn't seem to have the legs to run with us as hard as they did in the 1st. We missed several quality chances and their keeper made a couple of grreat saves. Our veteren forward was able to pot a couple though to ensure the points came our way. Post game bevvies always taste better after a win!!

Nice to see other teams score own goals too but to match the quality finishing from our back line other teams might want to enlist Therapist to show them the ropes!!

Onto Legends next week who just lost a sqeaker to Siaron.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Falconetti's with the easy default win tonight over the Legends.

Norvan over Spurs 5 - 1. Definitely MOTW with the presence of that handsome stud Trece. As always the bevvies will be good!!

Siaron tie Dragons 2 - 2. Dragons have been coming on strong of late.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man From The Future: "5-1" goes over the locker room door for tonight. So does "handsome stud." I dares ya to come over centre...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man From The Future did NOT come over centre except to shake hands for Burns Day after the game. 1-0 Lions over Spurs; definitely MOTW material, with chances that went begging at both ends. Honestly could have gone either way. See you guys again soon; probably at Adanac Beach.

AstroBoys dropped a load; defaulted to Falconetti's. WTF was up with that? Most Excellent Site doesn't have an update for Siaron and Dragons yet.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see if the Man from the Future can get some predictions a bit closer this week. Bonefish needs to get the striker boots shined up so he can finish off 5 chances this week rather than his lone game winner last week. But seeing as how I haven't scored in about 15 years I won't complain!! Definitely closer than I thought last week.

Siaron with another point in a 2-2 draw with Dragons.

This week I'll go with .....

Norvan over Dragons 3 - 1 (thin backline tonight, not including my girth, could be interesting for Norvan, means I might have a chance to end my 15 year goal scoring drought!!)
Maplewood tie Siaron 2 - 2 (hopefully no late night trips to Lions Gate for Siaron on this visit to North Van)
Spurs over Legends 3 - 0 (whether it be by default or a legit win, I think Spurs find the winning way in this one)

Tough call for MOTW but since I'm starring in the first match, I'll go with that one!!

Good luck all.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw on the Most Excellent Site that Lions were only able to put 7 past Ivar the Diver. As the Mickster is probably still hung over to post, and Boneyfish is out at his kids' games, we'll have to assume that he was able to find the net again. PS - a 7-1 scoreline does not really make for MOTW material...

Maplewood 4-1 over Siaron helps us out a bit too, as they have now wasted one of the games we have in hand on them. Hopefully we have enough bodies for tomorrow to kick some Asstro and move up to within one of Siaron.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

It was not a close game and the scoreline could have been higher but we started the game with a different formation to give it a try. It took a bit for the boys to figure out the positioning and ball movement. The Dragons tried hard but they did not have enough on this night to contain out attack and their offense was mostly lumping it up to a lone forward. Nevertheless, it was good to get a run in.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st round of cup....hopefully div 3 can represent well.

Norvan over Legends 5 - 0 (sorry Legends, guess I don't want you to represent well.....)
Spurs over Eagles 2 - 1 (Trece, play like you did against us and the upset is yours)
Falconetti over GFC 2 - 1 (don't know much about GFC, hopefully pace of Falconetti will get them through)
Siaron over SFU 3 - 2 (Siaron is at their best Sunday mornings, hopefully more than 9 guys show for this one)

Powerhouse Dragons with a bye into round 2.
Maplewood not playing cup??

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leftover from last weekend: Spurs 3 Astro 2. Finally got the monkey off our backs and into the back of the net where it belongs.

Some interesting predictions by the Mickster. If Norvan only puts 5 past Astro they won't be trying hard enough. Astro only has two decent players, one of whom insists on isolating himself out on the wing. I admire his confidence re us vs. Eagles; we haven't played them for a couple of years. They're mid-table right now, but they looked quite awful against Croatia the last time I saw them. Hope we can live up to this.

Falconetti vs. GFC will probably be MOTW. GFC were promoted last year ahead of the then-Rainforest; both play a similar style going forward from midfield. Falconetti not so used to stiffer competition, so I'll give the edge to the Goo boys. Siaron vs. SFU is a tossup; the strength in the over 40's division is in the 3 finishers ahead of SFU, but Siaron are also on a bit of a tumble.

Dragoons get to be cannon fodder in Round 2. No Maplewood.

Other picks:

Lusos vs Ridge Shooters
CA Ashfords vs NK Old Train
22nd Ave vs Bombastic Jurassic
Westside vs Ajax
CAI vs Old Mermaids

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a pretty uneventful first round, the Tale of Two Cities begins in earnest.

The group of death that is the top half, has what should be 2 barnburners in games 10 and 11. Games 12 and 13 feature 3 teams that are side by each in the standings along with the underachieving Covercrete who, despite their seasonal record, have the ability to pull out a result.

The bottom half of the pool looks to be a 2 horse race but the powder is primed for an upset fusilade should Croatia or Rino's come out napping....

Code:
GAMES	HOME				
Game 10	Burnaby Wolves				Norvan Lions 'M'		
Game 11	Falconetti Eastside			Columbus FC ‘M-B’		
Game 12	Surrey Dynamo				Ridge Shooters		
Game 13	Eagles FC					Covercrete FC		

Game 14	Croatia SC ‘M’				SFU Royals		
Game 15	Cliff Ave Ashfords				Dragons FC		
Game 16	Rino’s Fury Bulldogs			22ave Lions B		
Game 17	West Originals B				Meraloma M-B

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'd say at least that our game wasn't incredibly eventful. 5-2 Eagles over Spurs. Eagles were content mostly to try to build from the middle of the back through their midfield and then lump the ball up to a couple of quick forwards, who took advantage of a number of defensive brain farts committed by our normally more composed back line and keeper. 5 goals on essentially 8 chances at net for them. Second half was quite a bit different as the hornet's nest was kicked a few too many times and our own midfield finally got their collective heeds out of their arses and actually challenged for balls. Eagles do not like physical play at all; they began to cough up the ball very easily after that which resulted in us getting 2 back. Unfortunately too little too late, though, as the ludicrous number of unfinished chances we had in the 1st half loomed large.

Overall a piss-poor effort on our part that was only redeemed by cooler attendance afterward. If Pete's boys are smart, Covercrete will play physically from the start of the game against Eagles and they will get a win.

A lot of teams in the draw now that we haven't seen at all this year so making predictions becomes much tougher.

Wolves vs. Norvan - coin toss
Falconetti vs. Columbus - possibly an upset, but I think the old farts can do it.
Dynamo vs. Ridge Shooters - long distance game. Home advantage works for Surrey
Eagles vs. Covercrete - as above, otherwise a major divisional realignment is necessary
Croatia vs. SFU
CA Ashfords vs. Dragons - sorry, but no contest
Bulldogs vs. 22nd Ave - coin toss
Westside vs. Lomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0