Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your player left the field out of respect for our player, Ya good one. You guys don't show much respect to any player on the pitch with all the late tackles from behind.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref pulled the card based on the injury and not the tackle which is really disappointing to us and to our player involved in the tackle. Our player left the field of play out of respect to the injured player.

So, could your player have stayed on the field if he didn't have respect for him? Seems like he got a red card.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, could your player have stayed on the field if he didn't have respect for him? Seems like he got a red card.

Not sure why you're wading in, Freddy but since you have and since you obviously didn't se how it unfolded: our player got in a tackle with the Croatian player. Debating whether it was a foul or not is pointless as no doubt both teams will have different views. As I've said, we hope the player is ok and NOBODY wants to see a guy down and 911 called.

The ref came over to our sideline several minutes after the tackle and issued a red card. Our player had already left the field and put on a track top as he was clearly not interested in staying on the field after the injury. So yes he could have stayed on the field for many minutes if he chose…but that's not how it played out. Any more opinions from you based on what you didn't see?

As for us and late tackles all game. That is just a joke comment.

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref came over minutes later cause he was more concerned about the players health then the reckless challenge. Cowards!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't dispute that that's why the ref delayed w the card. Do you see anywhere where I said that? Did you see anyone on our team not show respect for a player down? Even when #12 came right over to our sideline and challenged us? Another team may have obliged him and the situation could have been much worse.

As for you calling us cowards. We know what kind of character our team has. We've been around for a long time and that is not our reputation. Some clown on a bulletin board can't change that.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure why you're wading in, Freddy but since you have and since you obviously didn't se how it unfolded: our player got in a tackle with the Croatian player. Debating whether it was a foul or not is pointless as no doubt both teams will have different views. As I've said, we hope the player is ok and NOBODY wants to see a guy down and 911 called.

The ref came over to our sideline several minutes after the tackle and issued a red card. Our player had already left the field and put on a track top as he was clearly not interested in staying on the field after the injury. So yes he could have stayed on the field for many minutes if he chose…but that's not how it played out. Any more opinions from you based on what you didn't see?

As for us and late tackles all game. That is just a joke comment.

I chimed in because it just sounded strange. But, that makes more sense.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 for 5 last week with Wolves surprising win and Horses with a tough loss.

This week......an easy 5 for 5......

Bombastic
Norvan
Horses
Rangers
Originals

So much for my easy predictions. Falconetti surprised me with a big win over the Bomb and the Norvan pick may have been different if I knew their 3rd string keeper was in net!!

blasted tie

Oct 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't dispute that that's why the ref delayed w the card. Do you see anywhere where I said that? Did you see anyone on our team not show respect for a player down? Even when #12 came right over to our sideline and challenged us? Another team may have obliged him and the situation could have been much worse.

As for you calling us cowards. We know what kind of character our team has. We've been around for a long time and that is not our reputation. Some clown on a bulletin board can't change that.
Sorry to here that a player was injured. As for the character of VUFC, we have played them many times and never any issues. A competitive team that plays hard but usually within the rules of the game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, nice result by Falconettis. Should be quite tight all year in the standings.

I see that there is no result showing for the VUFC/Croatia match so possibly will be playing the last 10 minutes at a later date.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this week.....

Ranger tie Originals -- two teams who know each other really well......
Norvan over Lomas -- no 3rd string keeper this week
Horses over Falconetti -- hard work doesn't get it done this week.....
Croatia tie Bombastic -- late tackles from behind in this one???
Wolves over Alemania -- winning streak continues for Bby!!

Good luck all

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good ones Mickster.

VUFC v Originals - Westside derby! BBQ will be cracking. Always a good battle w these guys - a good mix of older ex-pros/nat team members and other solid younger guys. They got us both times last year so hoping for some revenge.
Norvan v Lomas - Norvan 1-0.
Horses v Falconetti's - 1-1 tie. Atherton with another missed PK. Hey buddy.
Croatia - Bombastic - if Croatia have bodies then they can win; if not then Bombastic should be able to run them down over 90. No 911 calls though. Prediction 2-2 :)
Wolves v Alemania - Burnaby's winning ways come to an end. 3-3 tie.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan with win over Lomas
VUFC Tie Originals Horses win over Falconetti's Croatia tie Bombastic Wolves win over Alemania Good Luck to all

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses win tonight over east side. Ugly game. We have the 3 points. On to local derby against norvan next Friday at 900 pm. Cards are already at park. Good luck to both teams.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 3 - 1 Originals

Not really a close game. We went up 3-0 and they got one back with 10-15 to play. They only had 1 or 2 subs...we had about 50 :)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby picking up a loss to Alemania on the weekend I see. Predictions:

Burnaby v VUFC - like our chances but should be a good battle
Lomas v Alemania - from Kensington grass to Jericho turf will prove too hard a transition :) and Lomas pick up their first win 3-2
Croatia v Falconettis - match of the week…both teams seem evenly matched. 1-1
Norvan v Horsies - home field doesn't deter the Horses and they pick up a 4-2 win
Originals v Bombastic - Hillcrest means bumpy, ugly soccer but Westside knows how to pull results from there so 1-0 for them.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True - Hillcrest's no Wembley, but at least it's grass, and there's no substitute for real grass. Plus, it separates the technically gifted from the not so.......;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blake resurfaces. Missed you on the weekend...knee?

Yes, grass is better. Unfortunately, Hillcrest is terrible. Makes for an ugly game.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby v VUFC - 1-3
Lomas v Alemania - 0-1
Croatia v Falconettis - 2-1
Norvan v Horsies - 2-3
Originals v Bombastic - 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online