Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/rumours/banter, November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets hazard a guess...Thompson gets a red after the Sapperton player full on punches him in the face after a bad, but not dirty tackle...surely a yellow...but the old cowardly two red move comes next.

But I am not complaining about that.

But now at 530 this eve, I find out on a phone call from VMSL that this particular referree has gone out of his way to recommended that a West Van player, who was not dressed, who said "you have to be fcking kidding me" after the cowardly double red call , has now been suspended, with literally no chance time-wise to get to the 630 hearing.

So, our player goes into an overly aggresssive tackle, gets punched in the face and three reds and three suspensions come out of it, two to West Van, one to Sapperton.

Any guesses who the ref was? Three reds on one play, two to the team that received the punch.

He must have gone home and touched himself.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEhXcEpajN0"]YouTube- Karma Chameleon - Culture Club[/ame]

Sir M.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys have to learn to control yourselves - you should know better than to swear at a ref - he probably had to take a crap before the game and with the visitors changing room door locked had nowhere to do it - hence the shitty calls.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in.....WV player for maybe a yellow card tackle....2 games!
Sap player for full right cross in retaliation...2 games?????
WV player singled out on the bench of 12 subs for swearing....4 games????

Wow!

Miro has lost the plot!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that will test West Van's depth in a serious way.

I see Columbus and Sapperton play tonight at 930 PM.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV player singled out on the bench of 12 subs for swearing....4 games????

Wow!

Miro has lost the plot!

That is 22% of the season. Seems arbitrary. How much of that length of suspension is Miro, and how much the powers that be at the league? Do refs write up their suggested suspension lengths in their reports?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, good question. I spoke to the ref who gave Steve Mac a red for violent conduct a few weeks ago after the game (I am sorry hie is a good ref, he reffed the BC final between us and Gorge last year, but I forget his name). He told me he would put in a report, and the league would decide. He seemed to be like, "I had no choice the rules are when you grab a guys shoulders, even if he is coming at you and throw him to the ground, it is violent conduct". Steve got one game. Plus I note that that official added time (rightly so) at the end of the game...about two or three minutes.

On Friday night, when this incident occurred...and to describe it, a very physical player for West Van went into a tackle, and lowered his shoulder a bit, knocking the opposing player for a loop. That player got up, rushed the WV player and full on punched him in the face. Then everyone intervened etc. Then the ref reds the Sapp player, and also reds the West Van player, who was guilty of a bad tackle, but in no way violent conduct. A yellow would have been the right call. After the sending off of the WV player, someone from the WV bench yells at the ref something like "that is fcuking tragic" or some other phrase we have all heard before many times. The ref, almost ecstatically runs over, and tells one of the West Van guys, who is not dressed, not on the roster, and who in fact has not played a single game this year, to get off the field and go sit in the bleachers, which he did, no red shown. I do not know who yelled at the ref, but the ref made the wrong call on the second red: lazy officiating IMO, and he just picked someone, probably someone he does not like from the past.

After the game, after the ref reminded the WV coach to give him his pay, he asked him the name of the guy he asked to sit in the stands, and he told him. That guy got four games, and the receiver of the punch two. I understand the guy who threw the punch got two.

Plus, he added no time, despite all sorts of stoppages, which was to Sapp's disadvantage. He wanted to take his money, get out of there ASAP, missed calls all night long (including the way offside breakaway he missed because he was kicking the errant ball from the girls game on the next field back), and took some sort of sadistic pleasure in getting guys sent off with a big grin on his face.

Do I think he was instrumental in getting the six games as mentioned above?

:rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet the good ones who care about the integrity of the game do.

:knvb:

Yet again wrong Regs. In the report that that is presented to the disciplinary board, one ought to be eloquent enough to convey the circumstances that took place. For example: said WV player was judged to have commited a foul worthy of a yellow card, at which point said Sapp player punched him in the face. Pretend I am the ref now. In my estimation, said Sapp player was the instigator in the bru ha ha after having been fouled, he took it upon himself to strike WV player. WV player reacted to this, but was in no way responsible for the outbreak. In my estimation Sapp player bears the brunt of the blame.

They also ask for your phone number in case they have any questions.

:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, the only difference is, that you probably care about fairness, are not just in it for the money, are not lazy, and are not vindictive, or egotistical.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Difficult for me to comment on specifics, given that I wasn't there, but I'd have tossed the Sapp guy just because of WAB!! ;)

:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Be nice. The schedule is not kind for WAB this evening. The Sapp Premier side plays at Ambleside at 730 , and their Masters side plays at 930 this eve at BLSCW, could be a fast trip eastbound on the Highway...

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
On Friday night, when this incident occurred...and to describe it, a very physical player for West Van went into a tackle, and lowered his shoulder a bit, knocking the opposing player for a loop. That player got up, rushed the WV player and full on punched him in the face. Then everyone intervened etc. Then the ref reds the Sapp player, and also reds the West Van player, who was guilty of a bad tackle, but in no way violent conduct.

No defending or attacking anyone but maybe SERIOUS FOUL PLAY?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. I have seen the same tackle when someone else, including someone we both know quite well, on several occasions and it would never, ever be a red.

Anyway, it is over with now.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope. I have seen the same tackle when someone else, including someone we both know quite well, on several occasions and it would never, ever be a red.

Anyway, it is over with now.

Somehow, the only person coming to mind that fits this description is WAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0