Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2008/09] October Results, Predictions, and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 games in and my knees/ankles are already hurting.

Anyone else feeling older?

:knvb:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
... and yet feeling younger listening to you guys complain, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing the new Richmond juggernaut at Ambleside this Friday evening, and wondering if Sir M will be able to come up with a full squad this week to keep me and Rene entertained.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all in the mind Regs....I feel fine but I'm only 41. You old guys have it tough I guess...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Did SCK just infer I'm older than him?

Fcuk, I need to start running and get fitter, this is embarrassing

:eek:

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No predictions this week???
PCOV - Columbus
Inter - Cliff Tie
WV - Richmond
Sapp - MFFF
SU - Westside
Sapp moving into #1 spot on Sir M's rankings??

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV over Columbus and Batista get's 2 goals!
INTER will finally get a win this week over Cliff Ave
WV and Richmond will tie! By the way I believe Sir M had his picture in this morning's province can someone clarify that?
SAPP over Mffm
WESTSIDE and SU will tie

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2 - RCIU 1
WV had most of the play. Hit a post, crossbar, and missed a PK in the first half. RCIU went up 1-0 on a well taken goal by their forward. He did well to take it off his chest and volley it in. WV had most of the play I think but RCIU never gave up. The game was rather scrappy with some good solid tackles in the midfield. WV scored a great goal to tie it and then a mucker goal to win it in the dying minutes. Having said that the man in the middle was awful. Once again, out of his league, This is getting ridiculous.
WV will take the much needed win. Unlucky RCIU. Well fought battle. It really could have gone either way.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 3 PCOV 2.... First 20 minutes PCOV all over Columbus. The Portuguese get 2 lucky goals in which they will take... After that the dust settles in and the more experience Columbus starts taking over... They start off with 1 and could of had another. First half ends 2-1.. Second half Columbus with experience and more ball movement as well as possession start attacking and get rewarded with 20 minutes to go in the game to tie it 2-2... The portuguese start attacking but not much from the 30 yard in.. Columbus comes down and sends a rocket from about 25 yards out to take control with 5 minutes in the game! Kudos to Columbus who only had 12 players this night! The Portuguese thought Christmas arrived within the first 20 minutes of the game when low and behold the Columbus team snagged any sign of Christmas... lol... Good luck to Columbus the rest of the way and the portuguese will take another learning experience next week as they take on Cliff Avenue...

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 3 PCOV 2

PCOV are at best an average team, without Batista they are bottom feeders.They lack experience on and off the ball.They had 25 guys on the night but 13 seen the pitch.Next game against Sapp, talk about bringing your lunch bucket and storm rider to work.
Cheers

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a battle down at Ambleside last night, Richmond, well organized and confident (with quite a few old RU players), lived through a number of bad mistakes in the first half to take the lead on a nice goal. The ref was shakey, to say the least, in the first 20 minutes, but seemed to recover a bit as the game wore on.

West Van was a little better organized in the second half, which settled them, and their physical play got the better of Richmond as Richmond tired and started getting chippy in return. Good entertainment though, probably better than we will get Sunday afternoon at Swangard.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose, IMO you are being to critical of PCOV!

PCOV are at best an average team, without Batista they are bottom feeders.

Do they lack experience, yes I agree with you. PCOV had G. Lappa missing and when there center back #13 got injured midway through the first half that didn't help either. If you believe Columbus is gonna keep sneaking out points like you have the past 2 weeks (scored last few minutes against Inter, and 2 goals last night in last 13 minutes) with Mini Me in net, you are dreaming. PCOV's problems are that they don't keep possession and therefore find themselves running and chasing the other team. Once they learn to be more cohesive instead of individual's they will be tough to beat. as for last night it was already 2-1 PCOV when I arrived and from what I saw Columbus was the better team, mind you I'm not sure if they deserved all 3 points as PCOV never tried to take a shot the whole second half. Maybe they were in awe of Austin Power's who I thought had a great game in the midfield for Columbus. Oh sorry I actually meant to say Sarge!:D

racketts

Sep 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with the conductor...hose you guys were lucky to come out of there with any points...yes you beat us on experience and THATS ALL...doomsy should retire..hang his soccer boots from his rear view mirror...victor should stick too selling insurance...mike your striker should stick to chasing criminals and mini me should take up something that doesnt involve anything to do with height...you guys at best are an average team...if you guys play the way you do with these charactors that i have mentioned SAPP will destroy you guys on wed...you barely squeezed by inter and you barely squeezed by us...good luck on wed:D you'll need it...from an average team member...;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we could have had several more goals last night, and I think Planks is being his usual gracious self. Nice to see Planks' backup Eagles show up a half hour into the game, not dressed, carrying a big bag of pretzels, having had several shooters with Spada and Jua at Cactus Club. But of course in the changeroom after the game, Eagles, having not played and not dressed, felt compelled to go topless for all to behold, I guess because other players were undressed in an effort to shower.

We have gone from 14 hurt to 12 hurt, and that was helpful last night.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV are at best an average team, without Batista they are bottom feeders.They lack experience on and off the ball.They had 25 guys on the night but 13 seen the pitch.Next game against Sapp, talk about bringing your lunch bucket and storm rider to work.
Cheers

Conductor: At least you got Hose to comment...I was wondering where he was two weeks ago. I guess you are a busy guy! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0