Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters 2007/08] September Results & Banter

I talked to the league today. They will be postponing games. Some fields they know are playable, others are not. Posts being the issue, I guess. My point was not that the grass gets cut, but the absurd issue of people picketing playing fields and others not crossing. My mum always told me to leave my work at work. And some other things that I'm not going to get into right now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Week 1 Predictions:

WestVan vs Cliff Ave
PCOV vs Cracovia
Sapperton vs BRM - DRAW
Westside vs Wickham
Firemen vs Metro Ford
Columbus vs Inter - DRAW

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

VYSA sent out a letter to all the youth clubs asking them not to cross picket lines on any fields (not just Clinton). The way it was worded could be construed to be a bit inflammatory to labour-leaning individuals (or maybe I'm just a bit to sensitive to such things).:rolleyes:

VMSL though has only PPD 4 masters' games:

Mermaids vs Alemaniacs
Bombastic vs Romania
Spurz vs Stains
CAI vs Dynamo

No Premier games in jeopardy yet (at least until people get to Quilchena and find out what kind of shape it's in).

Time to go get a real game in at Willingdon tomorrow...:D

Trece

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Week 1 Predictions:

WestVan vs Cliff Ave - Draw
PCOV
BRM
Wickam
Metro Ford
Columbus

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs, you only picked BRM for a tie,is that because you don't have me to do all your running.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jordy,

It is taking 2 to replace your running in the middle, both Cainy and Kiwi... I miss you already.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just to let you all know...Vancouver Firefighters are NOT in the same union as the people on strike....we wouldn't cross any picket line at a park because unions brothers don't do that...unless it's in the process of doing our job.
We do know what it's like to play in a pasture as we've been training at good ole Clinton for the past weeks and the grass is akin to the rough of any PGA course. Good luck to all on this opening week except for MetroFord...wonder why?

Cheers!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

PCOV with a new coaching staff and some younger legs this year end up winning impressively 5-0 over Cracovia! On to the defending Champs next week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big win Conductor, is Tony still playing this year? You say onto the defending champs for next week - defending champs of what? ...

The excellent site shows a big upset last night with Cliff Ave pulling out a 3-1 win over SirM's squad in West Van - SirM can't be happy about that.

Great weekend weather to start the season though!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reg's didn't Columbus win the BC's if not my apologies. Yeah Tony is playing this year but it's not Fonseca, it's a younger and faster version of Tony F. I must admit they will miss Fonseca on set pieces though. Good for Cliff Ave, was Big M in the pipes for CA, cause I heard he was looking for revenge on Sir M after wasting his season last year!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey FireRangers won the BC's again over Columbus. The only real defending champs in our league would be West Van who won the League Cup... MetroFord & BRM won their league divisions but never played a championship game.

Is Fonseca even playing this year then? Perhaps he is too busy as I hear he is the new technical director/coach for the Cliff Ave club and of course, he has National Team duties as assistant coach...

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

This morning at the Abruzzo Club Columbus have announced a couple of new players Tony Fonseca, Romeo Cuter and Rudy Gasperic (check last name spelling).

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westvan started the season the same way they did last year. 11 guys played terrible, full marks to Cliff. Not sure Mario made a save, but his post and cross bar did ;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Today at Riverway: Columbus 1 Inter 1

A good battle with Columbus carrying much of the play but Inter held their own with a solid defensive effort. Both squads had chances to open the scoring in the first half. A very timely, if not lucky goal, from yours truly late in the game should have been enough for the W. Unfortunately, a late PK call was given to Columbus although the ref missed one early I think. 1-1. On to the Firemen....where who knows??

SCK

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We shite the bed on Friday night. However, golfed with Big Mario this morning and he is fully on the match fixing program. WVFC should climb back in contention very soon with a couple matches. Why?? Cuz he is Italian and all Italians take care of their cumares............... and former teams.

Jags.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BRM 1
Sapperton 0

Man it was hot out there today.

Sapp had the run of play to start the match but we weathered the storm and countered well. Sapp had a mad scramble at one point but couldn't stick it away. Muzz soon after hit the bar when he was sent through on a great ball by Stevie Mac and chipped the stopper.

Second half saw us get a bit more of the ball and we were rewarded when Kiwi slotted one home. After that it was Sapperton throwing everything forward and us giving Kent 23 free kicks at the top of the box :D We hung on and will take the 3 points.

Sapperton is a much improved side - not enough to beat BRM though :D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can't comment on our game as I was not there...heard we lost 2-1...aw well...tis a long season.

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 4-3 Wickham

I got there close to the end of the first half with Westside up 2-0 (I heard an OG and JC) but Wickham were pressing, throwing a lot of bodies forward. They were rewarded in the second half with 3 unanswered goals to take the lead and then we got 2 to close it out: JC with a (saveable) free kick and another well taken play that came off the crossbar. Quit the seesaw affair.

Westside B 0-0 SFU

It was hot out there and we had our first game in 2nd div. end up scoreless. The simplest things were out of our grasp today...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well - Westside/ Wickam game was an odd one. The game started pretty hard both ways for about 10 minutes, then WS settled in and controlled virtually all the play. We were granted an own goal, but we were pressing very hard and a goal was inevitible. JC then scored a nice one soon after. Around this time, I was really thinking we were destined for a brillian season by the way we were moving a ball around. In the last 5-10 of the first half, Wickam pressed forward and started to get into our half. Then halftime came, and in true Harry Potter fashion, it was as though Wickam had quietly cast a stupifying curse on us. I swear we weren't the same team. Wickam came at us and scored one after another and could have had a few more (please remember in the first half we could have had a number ourselves). Now down 3-2, we made a few subs and gained a little composure. JC had a penalty at about 22 yards out and I am surprised it got in. I am not sure that was Wickam's goalie. I think it was saveable, though a solid shot low to the corner. We then got the winner on a nice development, cross that bounced off the cross bar. We got the rebound and made a nice one-timer into the back. With sweat on our brow, we pulled one off. Many lessons learn, the least of which is don't count your chickens (especially visualizing the league cup) at the 30 minute mark of the first game.

Freddy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0