Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] September/October Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters 2007/08] September Results & Banter

. JC had a penalty at about 22 yards out and I am surprised it got in. I am not sure that was Wickam's goalie. I think it was saveable, though a solid shot low to the corner.
Freddy out.

I just hope we never get that ref, I have a hard enough time from 12 yards:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We are still a week or so away from the unveiling of the 2007-2008 edition of the Power Rankings (also stay tuned for potential Rankings in other, non Masters Divisions, which, truth be told, matter less but we must appease the youngsters). But staff, having returned from summering in such destinations as Tuscany, Belize, the Sorbonne, and of course Aldergrove have already got some scouting/rumour mongering in. So stay tuned for that. In the mean time, here are staff's picks for this week's VMSL Masters Prem fixtures:

Cliff Avenue at Wickham (Friday at William Griffin). Should be an interesting game, perhaps the Cliff goaltender's stalker Conductor will stop by for a tan and a tin of Colt 45 up in the tree fort. Cliff are without a workhorse midfielder, down with an injury. Wickham have added new players this year, and scored some goals last week. Wickham.

West Van at Surrey Utd (Sunday at Cloverdale). West Van will be meeting at 845 at Seymours pub, where if it is anything like last year, all the cars will still be there from the night before, with Sir M a lonely figure looking off at the horizon, pondering where his team might be. West Van doesn't do September, so Surrey United.

West Side at Sapperton (Sunday at 4). Both sides have improved this year. This one will be a battle, and is very tough to pick. But because of home field advantage, Sapperton.

VFF at Inter. (Sunday at Riverway). This one has tie written all over it. Draw. But the game will be much closer than the score indicates.

Metro Ford at Cracovia. (Sunday at Quilchena). Metro Ford are a strong side and Cracovia came out of the blocks very slowly last week. Metro Ford.

PCOV at Columbus (Sunday at Hastings Bowl). Always a great matchup, both teams are improved over last year. But Columbus is no Cracovia, and they are no Inter either. Columbus.

There you have it. Off to find the car now.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell: There are two fields for us on Sunday. One place has us listed at Burnaby Lake at nine and the other has coquitlam....??

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK, and SCP can correct me if I am wrong, but I rarely am now that I think of it actually, unless of course we start talking about the marriage decision.

But I digress.

According to the excellent site, and to Azzi's rules, the "this week's schedule" portion is the most accurate (no staples please, only paper clips). So, that means you play against the Firemen at Burnaby Lake at 9AM on Sunday.

No drinking and no smoking please.

Sir M.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK, and SCP can correct me if I am wrong, but I rarely am now that I think of it actually, unless of course we start talking about the marriage decision.

But I digress.

According to the excellent site, and to Azzi's rules, the "this week's schedule" portion is the most accurate (no staples please, only paper clips). So, that means you play against the Firemen at Burnaby Lake at 9AM on Sunday.

No drinking and no smoking please.

Sir M.

SirM,

Please tell your guys that we may have a problem with getting into the clubhouse after the game for pints. It may be a tournament headquarters, maybe not. We will have to play it by ear. Also, I think we might be sharing a changeroom. Big tourney this weekend, unfortunately, as far as facilities to us are concerned.

See you Sunday Mr. Gere.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No worries I think that was the case last year anyway. Just no hail this year, OK?

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Checked the vmsl discipline page, what happened in last weeks pcov/ cracovia game , pcov win 5-0 but someone recieved a 10 game suspension. anyone know what he did to get it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Excellent site lists a Cliff Ave win 3-2 over Wickham... Great start to the season for Cliff, are they the team to beat this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Checked the vmsl discipline page, what happened in last weeks pcov/ cracovia game , pcov win 5-0 but someone recieved a 10 game suspension. anyone know what he did to get it.

Check the date of the incident... 2007-03-25

Those PCOV suspensions are from a game at the end of last year.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M.....remember to not take anything of "value" with you to CAP....didn't a few things go missing from your vehicle last time?

SCK...got to love those 9 am starts on the parking lot better known as Burnaby Lake "turf"?? Term "turf" used very lightly here..to bad I won't be there...

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty, thanks for reminding me... I tried to block that event of last year out of my mind. However, whilst catching a one eye open (now that Mrs. you-know-who is doing some ridiculous cardio core boot camp thing, going commando all of the time, painting her face and stuff, crouching, stalking, like "Charlie", eating rats in a rice pattie, bayonet in teeth, while I just sit, and wait, the waiting is the hardest part, for my next assignment, getting soft...) little sleep last night on the couch in the guest house after sharing an 0300 taxi ride with my favourite physiotherapist (same one who was with the coach when he fell off of the Lions Gate Bridge) who has 9 of our players off at the moment "rehabing"...whatever. I mean they aren't Mrs Sir M down at the thats a quick 40 grand Betty Ford after all). But I had this weird dream after all, or some may call it a premonition, but this is what happened last year out at Cloverdale Athletic Park:

West Van's Excellent Road Trip Sunday:

It all started on Saturday eve actually with a drunken call to warn Sir M to go wake (name witheld) Sunday morning who was well into celebrating a Saturday Premier side victory. And not good news on the soccer front, Stevie M. (not there Sunday) hosting a big Halloween party (Oliver, also a no show, winning best costume for his brilliant fat security guard outfit) at his place and Besty's Westside Shooters Halloween Howl featuring "naughty nurses" over at Dix on Beatty St. this same eve before the early morning tilt far, far away against the #1 ranked SU. Also, good news for Cap College, by the way, 3 goals in the last 2 games Cap coach Jinky calls to advise the college side have won on Sat and he wont be returning for this game.

Get the call advising this same little celebrator will be late because of Sat eve until he realizes coming over the Port Mann that its daylight savings and he will be on time after all :bronco:...arrives and is sick and has to come off after 20. Last years 15 goal man Danny (our 13th player) advises before kickoff he has been bed ridden last two days with a (real ) flu.

Arrive at C.A.P....OK 4 no shows, but 13 will do maybe, but no parking. Then , no change room, (SU lads had advised earlier no pints either due to "special" :rolleyes:circumstances, again). Anyway the SU boys let us share their changeroom/little clubhouse to get changed. But there is a weird looking Scottish guy (reminds me a bit of an older JAGS) who sits there and watches all of the players get dressed, and then leaves.

So we head out, miss a few chances early, Spada is done after 20, give up one on a set piece, and then another on a set piece, Danny goes home sick, and:

THEN THERES THE FREEZING RAIN HURRICANE

Now things are getting really serious. Sir M's hair is not at all perfect anymore, WV score on their own net and take the biggest whupping this side has ever endured, 3-0. So back for no shower, no pints allowed, no parking, (sorry boys its a "tournament" out here this week...), head back to the Shore for a civilized lunch.

THEN THERES A 45 MINUTE NOON ON A SUNDAY TRAFFIC JAM ON THAT BIG ORANGE BRIDGE OVER THAT BIG WIDE MUDDY RIVER

But, alas, endure that, back to sponsoring Seymours Pub for lunch.

THEN THERES THE RATHER SHORT WITH ME, POSSIBLY AS A RESULT OF SUFFERING FROM PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME, WAITRESS, I MEAN "SERVER"

1 P.M.: Sir M: "Hi waitress, would it be OK if we got one of those team sheets that you give to teams this establishment sponsors when we come back here after our game by any chance?"

Waitress: "SERVER!! you troglodyte!" (Excellent word, well used in a sentence. Clearly this young lady cracked a book or two up the hill at Cap College). "I suppose you use the word 'STEWARDESS' too... moron."

130 P.M. Sir M: "Hi, um, "Server", sorry, just wondering, I know you are busy and everything, just wondering, any news on that team sheet by any chance?"

"Server": "LOOK. YOU WILL GET FREE BEER, IF YOU NEED IT SO MUCH. UNDERSTAND? RELAX, YOU GUYS KEEP ORDERING DRINKS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, PART THE RED SEA?" (PS she had a really big ugly mole on her cheek, a big hair included).

Oh, my, it just came to me, what happened next? (Lets fade into the past)...

I THINK THERE IS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IN SURREY

Before Sunday, there were 546 kms on the Sir M A8.

But on the weekend, mileage was doubled: Sir M actually drove to the game and back :eek: And then the paint got all hail damaged, the drivers side rear window got porcelain chipped, the laptop went missing, the navigation system...well at least those boys couldn't figure that out...but they even took my Park Royal Starbucks frequent customer card!...and I got a crack pipe stuck in one of the Pirellis (it was amazing, when you think about it, how the Quattro system compensated for that as we sat lined up for the Port Mann for almost an hour on the way home...how could have the Germans have tested for that!)

Someone said they saw a vaguely familiar old Scottish guy shepherding a number of unwashed hungry looking orphans away from the CAP parking lot, their dirty overcoats chock full of contraband, one of them unabashedly pleading, "please, sir, can I have some more?"

And, it wasn't just me: Findlay said he lost a whole bag of Lululemon stuff out of the back of the Benz: he is so upset...well now he isn't playing this weekend (and who could blame him really?) ...something about jetting down to the place at La Costa to try to forget, hopefully that works we really can't afford to lose him for any length of time with Randy still in the French Riviera and all after that awful break-in at the loft, and Deeth still on the Gold Coast after his massage therapist broke things off with him...although I think Jim E. is helicoptering in on Sunday last time I heard...

Luckily the rest of the side parked 15 blocks away, over in "Delta" or wherever.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Me thinks you should start writing a book....The Exploits/Adventures of Sir M:D......I always look forward to reading the stories of the weekend "adventures"....life seems so tame here in Delta....;)

Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell: Your team could have used your fitness...It was a good game albeit early start. Not sure what is worse...start time or no beers at Burnaby Lake...FF scored in the first off a set piece(surprise, surprise!) nice finish though. We had much possession in the second and scored off a PK with about 1 to go. Not sure if it was a PK but the hand ball in the box just before was. I wonder if Azzi will take our point away....1-1 much to the disappointment of Sir M. et al.
SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BRM 3
WV Peg 2

A pretty enjoyable match out at CAP today with both teams trading chances. Muzz open the scoring in the first on a header from a free kick. Besty has a couple of partial break aways after that I think that didn't result in anything.

After the half, WV took it too us and were rewarded with a goal from about 25 yards out into the bottom corner. They kept coming at us but somehow we managed to tie it up with some good work by Muzz at the top of the box and then slotted it home.

Shortly thereafter, new signing Darren Villars collected the ball near midfield, turned, and then skinned a couple of defenders before scoring the GWG.

Nothing much happened after that, we'll take the 3 points, but a draw probably would have been a fair result on the day.

All 3 of our new signings looked good which was nice to have when you are missing so many bodies like we were.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell: Your team could have used your fitness...It was a good game albeit early start. Not sure what is worse...start time or no beers at Burnaby Lake...FF scored in the first off a set piece(surprise, surprise!) nice finish though. We had much possession in the second and scored off a PK with about 1 to go. Not sure if it was a PK but the hand ball in the box just before was. I wonder if Azzi will take our point away....1-1 much to the disappointment of Sir M. et al.
SCK

SCK good point earned. But why would you say that we, or I, would be disappointed in your result...?

VFF at Inter. (Sunday at Riverway). This one has tie written all over it. Draw. But the game will be much closer than the score indicates..

I have enough disappointments to deal with already. Starting with a bride that is training to kill me in the night, and that is somewhat of a concern.

PS, Regs is your goaltender new? He had a cracker of a game. Missing bodies? I know how you feel.

Sir M.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M. et al refers to his scouting department... I was making fun of his accurate predictions. That's all.
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

SCK, got it. But if I don't reply on this site it means The Commando has successfully garrotted me. She would be the #1 suspect...tell CSI. I would like to help them out, but I will probably be dead, so they will have to figure things out on their own.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good game at Bby Lake - Inter was lucky the ref owed them a last second penalty shot and did succumb to the onslaught of whines - "just like last week" after every call he made. Hopefully not too many kids saw the game as we would not want to turn them into whiners .... Overall a good game but short bench hurt us.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Weird weekend for results!

Cracovia after getting handed their arses last week, 5-0, by PCOV, get a point off of MF in a 2-2 draw.

PCOV, the aforementioned arse-givers, decide to turn around and bend over themselves, losing 6-1 to Columbus.

Could be a very tight year which makes for an excellent power rankings read :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 0 - Westside 0

Unlucky not to win big, but lucky not to lose, either. Pettingale with a great chance with 15 to go as Sapp pushed for the winner. Pretty frustrating right now not scoring goals but controlling games. I think we need to get off the postage stamp at Sapperton Park and open games up on bigger fields.

It'll come soon.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0