Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL Golden Boot Race 05'

Who will win the Golden Boot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a real big goal scoring year for the VMSL. I think it all started with Westside playing the trap and winning with it 5 years ago. About the same time Westsides equipment manager noticed smally's shorts weren't fitting like they use to. Rino is no dummy and best decided to use him in other ways like clogging up the neutral zone, on his own. Always thinking that cat...

Anyway, the top five are all sitting on 8 with 3-4 and in some cases 5 games left. Two years ago the top two had, what? 18? What's going on here? If the league is watered down like some of the oooold guys, WAB, say where are all the goals? Are the keepers just better now? I think Drew is on steroids. He keeps asking me to give him a little prick in the ass but never provides me with a needle. I'm not sure I understand.

Poll above... discuss

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Are the keepers just better now?

You hit the head on the nail with my hammer. I don't think that teams are any better in the back, I just think that the finish is not as good as in the past, like say 10 years ago when Captain was still in the league.

To add to the list, Matt Mori, he scored his 6th on Friday night, he still has a shot at it.

I would give it to Tommy A. though, he scored his 8 goals in his first 10 or so games, not bad, then did his knee and is out for the year. Give the Golden Pizza to Tommy.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
Low scoring race, considering Tommy Adamson is tide for the lead and hasn't played since well before Christmas.
Must be the phase of the moon or something.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks to me like scoring is just more spread out this year. Tommy was the only guy (other than Carpin!) scoring for the Trollips. Most team have around 5 goal scorers.

What you should look at is past year GFA per game. That'll tell the real story. KNVB, look into that, would ya!

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also think you have to look at how many penalty shots a player has scored. some players on a team score 6-7 penalties a year and add a few other tallies. A true scoring champ shouldn't need penalties to pad the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0