Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL free agency period

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phone call recieved

Just to let you all know that sporting recived a phone call today about a player that will be a successful signing this season well let's just come out and say he is out about 6"2 and will help with with the size difference at the back.

Cheers
JB

jbwhocan'twaittoplaywiththisplayeragian.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the Jolly Ship Tall and WIDE after a few seasons off

Originally posted by sensei_hanson
Methinks the Jolly Ship Rogers has landed at Port Sporting. Am I correct?

Jolly would be a great signing for the Sporting Club that could use some size at the back or front to play with some of the other big teams in the premier.
Mr. Rogers is out of retirement, Where will he hang his Sweater?

HOSMr.RogersStories;) ;)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by star #1
their club has enough depth to put in another team to compete in the fraser valley premier.
I says pardon?

GN finished 8th...in the Valley for cryin' out loud!

I'll tell you what. You merge with Indo. Once none of your players make the team and come back to play for GN - only to finish 8th or 9th - then you may speak.

Until then, two teams in premier?:rolleyes:

Come on!!!!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I played against GN twice last year with Poco. The aggregate was 5 - bagel and if I remember correctly, you're still looking for your first shot on goal.:p

There is far too much nice stuff on here in the summer!

Chubby Chimp

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
reeccooss

do you put mustard,ketchup & relish on weavers dick when you gobble it:D

by the way kev hearne is (was SAPPERTON)

same with Donny Smith R.I.P

sid:eek:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: indo

Originally posted by cannibal
I guess Sandman has no comment on the upcoming season.
I've just talked with some fellows close to the 96ers organization and i've come up with a list of transfers:

- matt mori
- zico (transferred out)
- kyle mcdermiad
- adrian yeung
- sepho sibiya (excuse the spelling)
- benj hayford (possibly)

You can quash the Benji rumour, as he has been training with Inter:D

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn does not have enough talent to play in the premier only good player on the team is sunny uppal, rest don't have the pace or strength.

:mad:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN player not strong enough????

just a reply to "khalsa" comment

well it looks like u havnt seen any GN games lately, by u saying that GN doesnt have any other strong players other than Sunny Uppal. Yes Sunny is one of the top players in the community, and is one of the best players on GN, but saying that he is the only one that can play premier is simply wrong. There are atleast 7-8 players from GN that can play at the premier level so i have no idea where you are comin from. another thing is, does the name "Amar Takhar" ring a bell??????, well im pretty sure that you have heard of him, just to let you know he did grow up playing all his summer soccer with GN.

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, amar did not play for gn as a youth, and how many tournaments did he play for u, he was developed in sqaumish, not in the gn program. As for 7-8 players in the premier, i don't think so, i know gn had a fair share on the nations team but thats because some of the top players were gone out of town and some did not play due to politics on the team. Trust me indo canadian tournaments don't mean shite, by the way u guys didn't win any of the first three tournaments when all the other teams had all there players u won the last three but name a team that was full strngth except van united. Come on, u got to be realistic. Ive seen u guys play, i go watch the east indian teams. Ur telling me that u have 7-8 players, who, name them. ???????????

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well khalsa, guessing by your original GN rant time of friday night at 11;36pm.....i'm guessing your no younger then 30 years old (maybe 35).
Anywayz, I found your arguments against GN quite weak......all it is, is your loosely based opinion of them. You start by saying that east indian tournments dont mean anything and then you talk about how poorly GN did in these so called meaningless tournments. I just wanna let you know that regardless of what you say (or write) we will not be affected by it. Skeptics have been 'trashing' our team for years now and dealing with it is just like second nature to us. It is almost like adding fuel to our fire to be the strongest indian team in the lower mainland. We thrive on the challenge. I'm not saying we have the most talented 11 players in the east indian community, but what I CAN honestly say is there are no other 11 players that i would want to go into battle with, then the 'boys' from GN......BAR NONE. So basically, say what you will, its a free country, its just gonna make GN's arrival to the top that much more sweeter.................................PS: dont worry the bandwaggon is already under construction......feel free to jump on at any time!!!!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mr .gelati
how could u not say amar is a great player?... he is off to a ivy school Dartmouth in sept on a scholorship and has played on the national team and been if not the best player in bc for his age.

khalsa
you are mistaken as amar did grow up in the GN youth system as he has never played for any other team other than GN in the summer, except for the excpetion of squamish, which he played for this year. and sayin that GN is no good, little do you know about the team, there must be a reason on why Indo was wanting to join forces with them this year to play in the first div and get them back into premier for next season, so that must prove that you dont know anything about good talent even if it is right in front of your eyes. :eek:

Chunger

May 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Raigay,

Hey is Gary Bodwal coming out of retirement to play for Khalsa this year...and are those eleven part of the group of 20 that show up at Richards?

who'scaptainpuff

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gary badwal is the best back alley player i've ever seen in my life, just ask cahuna, mike luke, and opy

D

dipperripper

I think I will add some comments

First, GN was very well represented in nations cup b/c their previous coach was the coach for India. If there had been no politics on the team, those GN players would be beach players at best. A number of players were missing or did not play due to politics by the management of Team India. It is a shame.

Second, I agree GN is a very young and upcoming team. But do you honestly think they are good b/c you see them in East Indian tournaments. The quality of the tournaments are shite. So comparing them to other teams is not valid as they play against very poor or moderately average competition.

Finally, the nation cup selection is a joke. The same person has been running it for 10 years. I dont understand why there is not a committee made to select the top Indo -Canadian players. With the quality of East Indian players, we should be contending every year for the Cup every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0