Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elephant Walk is a pretty good team.... quick forwards like the "Faz" :D and their keeper is a giant but can't seem to handle the Bicycle-Kick goals... :rolleyes:

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
2 "Cat" A

Another team to throw in the mix is IFC Zawiza, Sikh Temple Cat played them on Sunday, and they looked strong, they are a Polish Team with some good pace up front.

We play 'Elephant Walk" this Sunday, and it may be tough, as we are going to be missing alot of bodies.

Correction my friend: You are going to play the Socceroos. The E-Walk is our B-Team in Div 2C. :wa:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Correction my friend: You are going to play the Socceroos. The E-Walk is our B-Team in Div 2C. :wa:

your div two team is your "B" team......interesting. Why didn't you guys take the div two spot then, and make them your Cat Team?????

I also think that the league did the right thing splitting the groups. Div 2 "CAT A" should only be for teams that have there "A" team in Div 1.

And how is Croatia not mentioned in the top six?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because their old and sh!tty? :rolleyes:

As once overhead: "All they do at training is stand around, smoke and practice free kicks. And put up drywall." :eek:

Really, the top five in all of 2 CAT are the current top five in group A:

1 WFC Rangers B
2 Richmond United B
3 Surrey United C
4 Westside Rino C
5 Club Ireland Hibs

Each have been and are consistently at the top of their groups each year. Sikh Temple is not bad -- decent quality, will give you a good run, but not consistent.

~ twocents.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Because their old and sh!tty? :rolleyes:

As once overhead: "All they do at training is stand around, smoke and practice free kicks. And put up drywall." :eek:

1 WFC Rangers B
2 Richmond United B
3 Surrey United C
4 Westside Rino C
5 Club Ireland Hibs

Each have been and are consistently at the top of their groups each year. Sikh Temple is not bad -- decent quality, will give you a good run, but not consistent.

~ twocents.

I agree with you Keeper, the problem with our Cat team has been consistency. We use the CAT system alot, and thus some of our "consistent" starters are lost when we have a Div one game at the same time. By the way, Croatia Classic went deep into the Div 2 cup last year, and won Cat 2B last year, so don't take them lightly. The team to beat this year will be Richmond United. Having said that, the group is pretty strong top to bottom, and all the teams should do well in the Div 2 cup.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

1 WFC Rangers B
2 Richmond United B
3 Surrey United C
4 Westside Rino C
5 Club Ireland Hibs

I'm not sure you can say they are the best in all 2 CAT. Lobbans are not such a bad lot and Norvan SC "B" play a pretty good game (especially when their U21 Players arrive 20 minutes into the game) and don't rule out the Bombastic B boys. This year we have a strong team. 5 of our A team from last year is playing with them...including the old cogger writing this.

All in all it takes 4 weeks to sort our the teams to beat...untill then we can all talk the walk. RESULTS SPEAK

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by Socceroos
Correction my friend: You are going to play the Socceroos. The E-Walk is our B-Team in Div 2C.

I'm also confused why your B team is in Div 2 and not vise versa. Elephant Walk can move up...but Socceroos are not able too. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Your supposed "B Team" is not a bad side. If they go up...you end up being the B team!!!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
don't rule out the Bombastic B boys. This year we have a strong team. 5 of our A team from last year is playing with them...including the old cogger writing this.

How can your "B" team be good, when Angryman plays for the "A" team. ;)

Angryman man knows im just joking...wouldn't want to make him mad. :D

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just ****ing with your heads there boys. The E-Walk A is indeed our supposed A-Team. However, when we do play against each other the Roos always come out the winner. The Socceroos also never use any of their players,but come winter one can always find some Roos on the E-walk team. Will Azzi promised to set us free at the end of the season to start our own Cat underlings. At this stage the E-Walk A will probably be called Cedar Cottage United as soon as they don't get money from the Elephant Walk Pub anyway.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
How can your "B" team be good, when Angryman plays for the "A" team. ;)

Angryman man knows im just joking...wouldn't want to make him mad. :D

No make him Mad....he plays much better when he is angry. He just might be spotted in the B side this weekend....we shall have to wait!!!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fingers our next practice is tomorrow at 6 at our home field (Champlain Heights community center). To get there go down 49th and head towards Burnaby. Once you pass Kerr the next major intersection is at Tyne, hang a right on Tyne. Once you pass 54th the street changes to Champlain Crescent and the next right should be Maquinna. Turn right on Maquinna and you'll see the parking lot to the community center. Hopefully you can make it, but I must ask again, where did you play last year.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give me back my middle!!

Lets see now.... 2003/2004= 4 goals+team mvp @ center mid for B team
summer = stopper for A and B team
2004/2005= center back for A+ suspended 1st game+ 10
minutes in 2nd game

How the mighty have fallen......I should have known when Jones said in the first summer game " We're short on the back line, do you mind....." that a fcuking conspiracy was in the works. Now that Gurpy has opened the door all the angryman bile will come spewing out like nachos after shooters.

miserableman

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok. thanks a lot but i couldn't get off work today. hopefully it will still be cool with you if i come out to your next one, which i assume is next wednesday. as for the team i played on last year, i would almost rather not tell you except to say that we probably had the most practice on defence of any team. you can probably figure it out. later.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Give me back my middle!!

angryman said:
Lets see now.... 2003/2004= 4 goals+team mvp @ center mid for B team
summer = stopper for A and B team
2004/2005= center back for A+ suspended 1st game+ 10
minutes in 2nd game

How the mighty have fallen......I should have known when Jones said in the first summer game " We're short on the back line, do you mindmiserableman

Now now angryman. What is one's lesson learned here. DON"T PLAY WELL ON THE BACK LINE. PS: The award was only because the Russian Judge got it wrong. word is it could be overturned!!! :D :wa: :D

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Give me back my middle!!

Georgie's Best said:
Now now angryman. What is one's lesson learned here. DON"T PLAY WELL ON THE BACK LINE. PS: The award was only because the Russian Judge got it wrong. word is it could be overturned!!! :D :wa: :D

and there I was thinking that the award meant "most visibly pissed". Must be the Irish, er, the Scottish, er, the Polish in me. Damn genes.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HERE ARE SOME PREDICTIONS ON WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS WEEK.

SURREY UNITED 1 CLUB IRELAND 3
RICHMOND U 4 RANGERS 0
SOCCEROOS 4 SICK TEMPLE 0
AFGHANS 0 NORVAN 3
CROATIA SC 2 BOMBASTIC C 1
BOMBASTIC B 3 SLOWBANS 2

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a prediction on what's going to happen for the rest of your posts...

Socceross posting like everyone else 3 -- POSTING WITH HIS CAP LOCK 0

Turn it off please.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
hmmmm.....the nk train, my guess is that you play for them we shall see, i am a little nervous, i hear brikich is coaching nk, good times i say

FCpillowbyter, you actually admit to feeling nervous? Crap's sake, it's only NKH. The Watcher will be firing more in his own net than yours.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK has a great chance of being promoted this year if The Watcher can drop 20 lbs and play like I know he can :) They've got a pretty solid team!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions Div2
Douglas Park 1 Norvan JB's 4
Bombastic "A" 3 Point Grey Strikers 1
Sporting Punjab 3 Bingers Army 3
Kosova SC "A" 2 Point Grey United 3
Ravens FC 1 Belmont FC 2
Alemania SC 3 Westside-C Men 1
West Van Royal 1 Royal United 3