Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
Can we set up a pool as to what scheduled week Ronald will fold his team or when they will salvage a point from one of their games?

You could if you had an oversized brain and magic freaking powers like me. Alas, you don't, so I will set up a poll here for you. You're welcome.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
(quote) After the hammering Slobans received last weak(week :rolleyes: ) from the Crows, I don't see them doing shite this year.

Is that you Peter spouting off?
Lobban's will be solid this year.
I see your lot are off to a flying start. 0 points from a possible 6 ;)QUOTE]
Excellant!![/

I can't wait to play the Excellant :wa: Lobbans FC :wa: maybe Bruce will suit up as a rolling defender.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans and socceroos are on opposite sides :rolleyes: and therefore don't play one another.

Bruce plays with the over 35's.

Get with the program..........!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
kastro23 said:
as he was fighting a rough Saturday night as was midfield from crashing a stagette party accidently at Balthazars the night before that didn't get the boys in till 6 am.
QUOTE]

Is there any way crashing a stagette party is an accident? :D

I certainly don't think so.

Well not really but the bride to be wanted to see what getting married was like. What can I say the guys on our team are studs :rolleyes: Anyways I won't use that as an excuse we just got outworked by them for most of the game.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fingers said:
hey champlain.
do you guys have enough players for your games? just wondering if you needed a defenseman.

Well you'd have to talk to our coach Vinnie but you can come out Wednesday at 6 at our home field which is our next practice and talk to him. Yes we can use another body back there at the moment but I don't make decisions so take it up with him. Where did you last play and do any of us know you?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha Keeper I guess I had that coming. I meant as in what position along the backline. Go back to your div 1 thread. Also fingers you can practice with us to on Wednesday to see what the team is like.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fingers, we got a lot players this year at 18, but already have 3 injuries and two of them to defenders and one upfront, but we could always use quality players. Its preety much a different team we have about 7 new faces of which 6 start. Its a preety new team, I guess that would suggest the change in performance. So if your interested show up on Wednesday at 6 at Champlain home field for practice. Till then the hunt begins for the next party this Saturday at Crush :cool:

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The new players also can include me and Foxxy who sat out a year to recover from injuries, but now looking to heal up in Div 2, while struggling to stay in the top 4, but the coach is a great guy in Vinnie, so you have to support the Italian lad, even if he played for Club I, when he got confused about his heritage

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 1 Richmond 1

Fcuk me, Fcuk me, Fcuk me!
Started out with an own goal by our centre mid as he gave a "hot" pass back to our keep. We pretty much carried the play for the rest of the game. A few posts here, a few blown breakaways there. 1-1 at half. Continued with more JB domination. We scored with a beaut of a header (50-50 ball with the keep with pretty much nil contact) but Tony Montayna (Scarface) decides to blow it down. Fcuking shite! RFC had one taken away from them earlier that was about a foot behind the line but was missed by our Cuban friend. Some yappy-ness from the RFC bench resulted in a "Say hello to my little friend!"...red card and dismissal from the park all together.

in all honesty JB's should have won.

Kudos to Bonefish for being the sad sack that was stuck in net.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jim Beam 1 Richmond 1

A good night, a good game, a couple of missed calls, and another tie... RU and the JB's can't seem to break the cycle of ties...

Playing keeper, I had the misfortune of receiving a back pass that I didn't know was coming in the first 10min of the game. The unfortunate thing was that the ball was played towards the goal while I was at the top of the 18...A couple skips on the moist turf and it was 1 nil RC. The game, from then on, was played mostly in their end. Richmond did have some play but did not move from Mid to Forward very well. The JB"s had several set plays off of corners and free kicks but did not convert any. Richmond almost converted one but the ball(was very close to being in...that is my story and I am sticking to it) stay out according to the referee.

We tied it up before Halftime and should have had the go ahead goal on numerous chances in the second. Richmond folded the tent and seemed to be playing for the tie. Their keeper made some great stops and we had what for all intensive purposes, was a clean goal called back in the latter part of the game.

From an opportunites standpoint, we, the JB's were snakebitten and dropped two points. The positive however is that we had excellent team running and hunger. The goals were there for the taking. As most of the team feel like tonights effort was a loss, I expect that the hunger to only build for next week.

Richmond played with good intensity and should hold their own in our group. Well done by all...

-KeeperByDefault...Grrrr.....-

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, How you could even think yor boys are going to win Cat 2 A is a mystery to me. I must admit your side has improved but there are 5 teams in CAT2A that you will be pressed to take points off of.

OH how about that ...2 of those teams already took 6 off of your boys. Best of luck!! Tough grouping!

CAT 2B not sure Lobbans are the team to beat. Our C team only lost 4-1 and played with 10 men for 70 minutes and 3 of our players hadn't plyed in two years. Only thing with Lobbans is you never know which team will show up each week. In fairness I didn't see what happened this weekend and was surprised to see the result. We drew 1-1 with Norvan SC B on the weekend and they crushed Croatia 8-1 the week before? Something fukced there.

Any word on how and why???

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Peter, How you could even think yor boys are going to win Cat 2 A is a mystery to me. I must admit your side has improved but there are 5 teams in CAT2A that you will be pressed to take points off of. QUOTE]

Which 5 though? Some solid teams there.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which 5 though? Some solid teams there

Good point! There are probably 6 to pick from and in all honesty the Soccerooos are not far behind but not close enough. The five Teams are:

1) Richmond U "B"
2) Surrey U "C"
3) WFC Rangers "B"
4) Westside Rhino "C"
5) Hibs
5.5) Sikh Temple

Tough Tough Grouping. We played Westside Rhino "C" in the Semi Finals of cup play last year and man they were quick, young and solid. Couldn't score but I'm betting that will change. All these teams also get the advantage of some pretty good Div 1 players coming for a visit here and there too.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, let me asure you that we have capable forwards. Everybody has an off game now and then, and I guess mine was on sunday.

Cheers, and good luck.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go: The Sick Temple will be spanked next Sunday...there is no chance they finish in front of us. Surrey Divided is not the team they had in the past,just some fat kids mixed with rejects from the B-Team...they only beat us with 5 seconds to go on a penalty shot which was questionable at best....we also played the entire game with 10 guys. Westside Rino has nothing but young kids that fall over very easy,watch out everybody the refs just love these pretty boys. Richmond United and Club Ireland look pretty good so far let's see what the winter does to them.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Lobbans and socceroos are on opposite sides :rolleyes: and therefore don't play one another.

Bruce plays with the over 35's.

Get with the program..........!

Sorry I forgot that they put you in the B-Group....well, it makes it a lot easier for you. Have you played those tough Afganies yet? :knvb: undefined

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper,
i usually play on right or left side. no matter. let me know where your practice is and i'll see if i can get time off work. if not, i'd love to come out to the next one...
cheers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 "Cat" A

Another team to throw in the mix is IFC Zawiza, Sikh Temple Cat played them on Sunday, and they looked strong, they are a Polish Team with some good pace up front.

We play 'Elephant Walk" this Sunday, and it may be tough, as we are going to be missing alot of bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0