Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 Sandzak 0

Aside from maybe two chances by Sandzak, complete domination on the turf. Even with Mickster in late in the game!;)

Just what the doctor ordered after last week.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
What's even worse is that I showed up at half time to watch... and they had no beer.

What a fcuking disgrace from a bunch of worthless cnuts!

What can i say. Or our beer guy wasn't there and we normally roll to the Landing within seconds of games ending to get wings ordered before kitchen closes. They give us a great deal on Team pitchers (2 for 1, first 2 are free) and we feel we should support them.

That and we have been warned by the municipality about drinking at games, twice actually. Last one was the first u21 home game I ran a pre and post game tailgate for the whole club where i bbq'ed a 12 lb prime rib. Needless to say the parents of the u21 guys were unimpressed by the amount of booze / hippy lettuce consumed by our players. (It was their first experience seeing most of us) Neither was Delta, damn Fun police.;)

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Apparently we are not that good, no better than mid pack.

What's happened this year, Army? After playing you guys in a pre-season friendly, I thought you guys would definitely compete for promo. Injuries? Inconsistency? Is Normy still hurt? You guys looked strong when we played you, but maybe your side is a bit more competitive than ours. Best of luck in the cup, and hopefully you guys can turn things around in time to make a good run.

TS

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our side is defintely a lot harder than yours and we have not played very well yet. Totally inconsistent with an inability to finish and keep balls out of the bakc of the net. We feel we are a lot better than we have shown but ???? who knows?

Hoping to get it sorted for the cup.

Good luck to you guys as well.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
  1. Firefighters "C" vs City FC Cobras: Cobra's lose by 3
  2. Bombastic SC "A" vs Kosova SC: [MOTW] Power Rankings have these teams positioned almost to close to call. A low scoring tie is my bet
  3. Aryana FC vs PCOV "A": On paper, PCOV should win by a couple unless last weeks poor showing vs Bosna lingers into this weekend.
  4. Maplewood United vs IFC Polonia: Polonia by 2
  5. Signmaster SC vs Bosna SC: Signmaster by 2

2B
  1. Douglas Park vs Richmond FC: [MOTW] I will go with Richmond in what should be an spirited match.
  2. KLM Alemania FC vs Cleo's FC: zGermans by 1
  3. Belmont FC vs Primo FC "A": Can Belmont buck the odds? Primos by 1
  4. Nomads FC "A" vs "B" United: 2-2 tie
  5. Unicorns FC vs West Van Royals: Another close match. Unicorns win 3-2

2C
  1. Westside FC Knights vs Green Devils FC: [MOTW] If the Knights can get on the board early and keep the ball out of the back of the net, they will have a chance. Green devils should get all 3pts
  2. FC Sandzak vs Yaletown FC: Yaletown will have to be ready to defend against some serious speed but the offensive opporunities will be there to capitalize on, If they finish, they win. Yaletown by 1
  3. FC Romania vs EV Socceroos "A": The soceroos "team game" went on walkabout in Sept. and has not been seen since. Romania by 3
  4. C-Men United vs IFC Zawisza: CMen have some players off suspension and should make a better account for themselves. They win2-1 to buck the power ratings
  5. Norvan JB's vs City FC Rangers "A": BlazeArmy and boyz are hoping to right the ship but will find a focused opposition despite his attempts at using the Rangerettes as distractions. JB's by 1

Undefeated watch: Polonia, Richmond, Romania
No Goals Against: Signmaster

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure how the Aussies have fared so poorly up to this point. They put in a solid effort against the Knights,and were unlucky not to get at least a tie. If they could reel in the pushy mouthpiece that managed to get himself booted out and improve on their "red zone" offense they should start to get some results. Just not this weekend.... Yaletown are due for a slip up. Perhaps it is this weekend.There could be some fireworks in the goo boys matchup. Lots of emotion in this set- to. Perhaps the 5th back will be the voice of reason and the Cmen will cruise to victory. The Beam- Rangers tilt is sure to be a must see. Both teams are not afraid to stick their beaks in and work very hard. Although the same could be said for most teams in 2C... Both teams play well on turf,but JBs have the x factor in supersub Bonefish. In addition, it is difficult to fully appreciate and be distracted by the Blazettes in the damp darkness that is North Van on a monday night. #2 better have the missus cook up an extra large batch of apple crisp if the Knights hope to carry the day. Looking forward to playing on a soggy version of the worst pitch in all of metro. Now all we need is Grampa John to oversee the proceedings...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
Just not this weekend.... Yaletown are due for a slip up. Perhaps it is this weekend.
I don't think we're necessarily due for a slip-up, since we've already had three big ones this season, including two in the last two weeks. If anything, we're due for a respectable performance. Thankfully, our coach will be back for this weekend's game after missing the last two, which definitely hurt us towards the end in both of those matches.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1- DPR 1
Where to start with this one?! Both teams had quality chances in the first half, with DPR missing a semi-breakaway at the halftime whistle, and us missing several shots within the 6. In one stretch I think we had like 4-5 corners in a row but just couldn't find the back of the net. Their GK made some huge saves. I thought we should've been up 3-1 at the half, but it was just 0-0. About 15 mins into the 2nd, I picked up my second yellow (on what I thought was a marginal call, defo worthy of a foul, I guess, but not worthy of a sending off, but whatever) and was sent off. They score on the ensuing free-kick. Words couldn't express how disappointed I felt to have let my team down at that point. Just bad decision making. Anyways, we rallied with 10 men and scored the equalizer with about 10 to play. The last 10 minutes were frantic with DPR counterattacking well and almost putting it away. We also had some really good chances but just couldn't score. Either team could've won today, but (here comes a biased opinion) I think we deserved the W.

I thought the reffing was a bit inconsistent today. He gave me a yellow for a marginal hand ball that just glanced my arm, didn't affect the movement of the ball, which was hit too long for anyone on their team to reach. And they 2-foot us from behind on several tackles, with no cards shown. I think DPR deserved to have a man sent off as well.

As for the embarrassing display of sportsmanship by some members of our team (both towards the ref and our teammates), it was just that, embarrassing. I hope DPR had a good laugh at our expense over that, cuz we deserved it. Fcuking shocking how grown men can act like children some times.

Anyways, enough already. We have some sorting out to do, but we'll bounce back, win the next 2 and be in good shape for the second half of the season.

TS

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm dissapointed after watching the DPR, Richmond game. All the hype about a good game and a nice day to bring the family out and watch. To be honest what an embarassment to watch grown men whine and complain the way Richmond did today.As TS has stated game could have gone either way so a tie was fair.As for sportsmanship if Richmond is involved in tight games like they were today they fall apart. They (Richmond) are like wild dogs barking at each other and the ref every 2 minutes. If they make it to Div 1 good luck and hopefully you have good sponsership $ in paying all the fines with cards! I think Richmond needs Stunatman to come in and calm everyone down!:D

Red Necked Rangers

Oct 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't agree more with Conductor. We were pumped for a good, intense match with RFC. Their team played well, with some solid players, but their coach was a complete wanker. He was wearing all yellow and he chirped like Big Bird. It was a total embarrassment and towards the end we thought the ref was going to abandon the game due to their constant whinning, bitching and arguing. It didn't matter what the play, the bench, supporters and coaching staff of RFC had something to say. There were also points throughout the game where the RFC players would bark at each other. One player in particular, Eric? was very negative and complained all game like a little spoiled brat. It is hard to believe that a team like that hasn't self-destructed yet.

As for the match itself, it was even throughout most of the game with RFC having the majority of good chances in the first part of the game with a corner-kick marathon at one point, but our goalie played great. In the second half DPR controlled the game on the ground and had some great chances.

It should be an interesting match in the New Year. Let's hope that the game is played with equal intensity, but that the mouth-flapping and bitching is controlled for the next game. I noticed a couple of families watching the game and it must've been a bit of a shock to see such a farce. Was that your family Conductor? Sorry your kids had to witness that!

On to hopefully a more mature football match next wk.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
I don't think we're necessarily due for a slip-up, since we've already had three big ones this season, including two in the last two weeks. If anything, we're due for a respectable performance. Thankfully, our coach will be back for this weekend's game after missing the last two, which definitely hurt us towards the end in both of those matches.
Well, why not make it three slip-ups in a row. YFC lost 2-1 to Sandzak today, again largely due to the horrendous finishing that Bonefish pointed out last week. John was officiating, and did a fairly solid job until he awarded a penalty to Sandzak for a magnificent swan dive, which they converted. In the end, though, Sandzak were definitely deserved winners, and are much improved from last year. Something just isn't clicking for us at the moment, and we'll definitely have to find our game before next weekend's clash with Jimmy and the Beamsters.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
YFC lost 2-1 to Sandzak today

Surprisinging result. We beat them quite easily, Yaletown beat us quite easily, so I wouldn't have bet on this outcome. Anything can happen on a given day I guess. And then again I wouldn't have expected Romania to just scrape by the Roos.

C-men and Zawisza - nil - nil

The scoreline does say it all this time. It was an evenly played game with both teams creating chances but lacking in finish. We could use a goal scorer for sure - either, one of our guys has to step up, or we'll have to go on the look for someone. Anyone know a good striker? Anyone....Bueller? On to Ladner and the Rangers next week. In need of some goals for...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
. Anyone know a good striker? Anyone....Bueller? On to Ladner and the Rangers next week. In need of some goals for...

That's ok. We seem to give them up pretty easily.:rolleyes:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Necked Rangers said:
but their coach was a complete wanker. He was wearing all yellow and he chirped like Big Bird. It was a total embarrassment and towards the end we thought the ref was going to abandon the game due to their constant whinning, bitching and arguing.

Like I said earlier, couldn't agree with you more about the embarassment factor. Not sure who you were referring to as our 'coach' in the yellow. One of our players was doing the line with a Brazil shirt on that's yellow, but he didn't have too much to say. Our actual coach, known as the LegendKiller in these parts, wasn't at the game, but we had our asst. coach looking over things. HE was asked to leave the park at one point as well, but I didn't see/hear what took place.

We are looking forward to our rematch in the new year as well. You guys had a couple cheap players that threw questionable tackle after questionable tackle, often studs up, or an 'accidental' elbow to the face (happened 3 times with no calls). So now that we know who to look for, expect the tone to be set early (and often) come next time.

But hopefully it's a mature football match, as you mentioned, and a strong game as expected.

TS

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 0 - 2 Primos

Very even game with a couple of unlucky goals against. Primos with a bit more polish than us and did well to get the points. A couple new faces in Belmont's camp and that should help a bit.

Father John with one of the best games I've ever seen him ref.

On to RFC this Sunday :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Father John with one of the best games I've ever seen him ref.

What the hell is going on? Twice this weekend i have seen or heard comments about the good games john has reffed. Is the sky falling???

I like John as a ref. He always calls games even, never favoring one team or the other. You may have no idea what he is calling but it is even. And his comments about various things before after and during games are awesome.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes - he holds court around your cooler and tells stories. This weekend he recapped the three times he has been jumped by players or fans over his career in the VMSL. Goodtimes...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Yes - he holds court around your cooler and tells stories. This weekend he recapped the three times he has been jumped by players or fans over his career in the VMSL. Goodtimes...
We got the same talk. After saving his life last year when he was attacked by Kosova during the Battle of Clinton Park, we almost expected a bit of favoritism during our match against Sandzak, who have a few players who played for Kosova last year. On the whole, though, he called a good even game, and I didn't see the penalty at the end that cost us the game. A couple of our players thought it was a shocking dive, and given the fact that their no. 10 was involved, that would seem about right.

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well,

I am glad to hear that TS is standing up for me in his comments. As he stated, I was not at the game and it would have been a very different game it I was their!! As for DPR I think that you should not compain about us as players and our bitching, as I have been told, you guys were very cheap and alot of tackles were comducted in the standard DPR way. I have played against you guys and watched you guys play, You guys are a bunch of cheap shot artist's. You guys take what you can get and you exploit it to the fullest. And I promise you guys one thing, when you come to richmond, you can expect the same sort of friendly treatment from us!!

I realize that we may have been way over the edge with the game, but it will not be that way ever again. I will be at the rest of the games and we will nip the negativity in the bud. I appologize to the parents at the game in respect to the sidelines, that is something that will not happen again!! I was not their and I can not tell you anything about the game, all I can say is that we tied and that the next time around we will handle the situation way better. Good luck to the rest of the squads and I can't wiat to see DPR again!!

Peace out Biach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0